Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 19 2010
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul View Post
Hi There,

We just released a new version of FarmTown which contains support for new facilities. These facilities will allow you to produce additional goods out of the harvested products in your farm. We created a new section in the store named 'Facilities', where we put all the buildings in the game that produce any kind of goods. In addition to the buildings that allow you to harvest the animals, now you have:

1. Red Windmill – Produces Flour
2. Stone Windmill – Produces Flour Faster
3. Sugar Refinery – Produces Sugar
4. Dairy Processing Plant – Produces Cheese, Goat Cheese, and Butter

You can only have one type of facility per farm that will actually produce goods, although you can have several other instances of the same type of facility for decorative purposes.

To access facility details, just click on the corresponding facility in your farm, and select the first option in the menu, 'Show Facility Details'.

Every facility has two sections:

1. Things To Produce: Here you can see a list of the products that you can produce on that facility. Each product displays information like batch size, batch sell-price, and production time. If you click on the help icon (?), you will see what’s required to produce that product.

2. What’s Cooking: This section provides information about all the products that are currently being produced by your facility, how many are pending, and how many are done and ready to be placed on your storage to be sold later on. Although different types of facilities can be producing goods at the same time, any given facility can only have one batch per product type in production at any given time.

As part of this release, you can now also harvest the cows and goats every 8 hours, instead of the 3 days that we had before, which will allow you to store more milk per day to be used on the Dairy Processing Plant.

Enjoy!

Thanks,

--Raul
this doesn't seem to be the problem... the problem is....

when we actually have milk in storage, and we actually click on butter, and then click on "what's cooking", and then leave out of "what's cooking" to finish plowing or whatever, and then go back to "what is cooking" to see your %'s left before your butter is done....A NOTE COMES UP SAYING "THERE IS NO PRODUCTION"....AND I DON'T HAVE ANYTHING IN STORAGE.....I JUST GOT ROBBED MY MILK.... SO WHAT IS THE PROBLEM??? I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE WITH THIS QUESTION AND ALL YOU CAN DO IS POST BACK THE INSTRUCTIONS....WE HAVE READ THAT AND IT DOES NOT ANSWER THE QUESTIONS. PLS GIVE US THE RIGHT ANSWER, OR FIX IT OR RE-CHECK IT.... TY

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Mar 20 2010, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtn View Post
I started production of sugar at the facility and decided to move the facility to my second farm. I put it in storage and then added it to the second farm. When I go into the facility details it now shows that I have no sugar in production, I also checked to see if maybe that sugarcane went back to the harvest page, but it wasn't there either. Did I lose that production when I put it in storage to move it ?

Thanks,

MJTN
Hi MJTN and welcome.

I'm afraid you probably did lose that production - or at least re-set the clock on it. Other things that progress or ripen (such as trees and flowers) are always re-set to 0% if they are put into storage.

Just double check on the What's Cooking tab and see if the sugar is still there as pending but just re-set to beginning of the production time.

Please visit Bentivar

Bertie_Bee_Eater's Bird's Eye View
Old Mar 20 2010, 09:51 AM
Account Not Linked

NM--I found the answer in another thread

Last edited by cakeburnette; Mar 20 2010 at 09:56 AM. Reason: edited because I found the answer in another thread
Old Mar 20 2010, 10:00 AM

Farmer Since: Mar 21 2010
Level:
XP:

Do We have to keep the Dairy shed out?? cause I went to start processing and it saiid I have to add milk.

Visit 's Farm

Old Mar 20 2010, 10:09 AM
Account Not Linked

thanks candlelight now it makes sense! I have added a bunch of stuff to my storage! thanks again
Old Mar 20 2010, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by candlelight View Post
Hi MJTN and welcome.

I'm afraid you probably did lose that production - or at least re-set the clock on it. Other things that progress or ripen (such as trees and flowers) are always re-set to 0% if they are put into storage.

Just double check on the What's Cooking tab and see if the sugar is still there as pending but just re-set to beginning of the production time.

I went to the What's Cooking tab and it says there is nothing in production and when I click on Start Production tab it says to start production I will have to add more sugarcane. So I guess I lost that production and the sugar cane.

Thanks,

MJTN
Old Mar 20 2010, 10:13 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIAP27 View Post
I have a question about the dairy plant. I bought one this afternoon-and started production with my cow and goat milk. But 8 hours later-I do not see any products finished. It says 3 hours for one, 4 for another and 30 minutes for butter. Why are my products not coming up when I access the plant? It used up all my cow and goat milk. Is there a production time I do not know about?
Thanks for any help.
Did you look under the "what's cooking" tab?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedonaspirit1 View Post
I'm not sure I understand this:
QUOTE: "You can only have one type of facility per farm that will actually produce goods, although you can have several other instances of the same type of facility for decorative purposes."

Do you mean that I have to choose ONLY one type of facility that will actually work on my farm, and the rest are just for show... meaning if I choose a Dairy Processing Plant, will that mean that I can't use a Red Windmill to grind flour or a Sugar Refinery working all at the same time... even if I had just one of each type of facility?? Or, can a farmer choose to have one of each facility to be in use on his/her farm at the same time? Just curious....

I am also wondering if perhaps the Water Mill might be turned into a mill for grinding corn meal or something?? Just a little extra for those of us who do have a river on the property... and you have already designed the building!!! It might make some folks interested in putting a river on their farm.

Also, please note... I am not a Level 1, but a Level 30.
Visit Modest Beagle's Farm
You can have one of each facility on you farm. You can have a diary porcessing plant, sugar refinery, and a windmill all at the same time
Old Mar 20 2010, 10:28 AM

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
XP:

why is it that every time they add new things to FT, there are always those who loudly whine and complain??? If you don't like the new features don't use them!!!

I for one continue to be very impressed at the speed and frequency of new features on FT and am very greatful to the developers for all their hard work in making FT an even better game, so THANK YOU RAUL!

Visit 's Farm

Old Mar 20 2010, 10:35 AM

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
XP:

As long as they work then no problem and no whining. When they don't work then that is a problem and whining begins.

I'm having a problem with production but until I can come up with the correct description I will delay my whining.

Thank you for your patience.

----------------------------------------------------------------

You know you are a beta tester when updates come out and they don't work.
Visit 's Farm

Old Mar 20 2010, 10:56 AM

I love the new stuff! Of course it helped that I had wheat & sugarcane ready to harvest this morning - great job, devs!

Tags
facilities