Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Oct 06 2010, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beakiebean View Post
I'm apparently a fast harvester/plower-I've had several people who've hired me comment that I'm speedy. Guess my mouse finger muscle is extra strong. A lot of times when I get hired to work on a farm with someone else I end up harvesting/plowing more than half of the farm. I don't go after specific crops or anything-just start in one corner and work my way towards the center.

Recently I've had a couple people that I've harvested with (the other harvesters-not the people who've hired me) accuse me of being rude or selfish-I assume because I did more than half.

Am I supposed to stop at the halfway point on the farm and just stand there until they're done? I was operating under the belief that we were there to get it done.

So what's the reigning FT etiquette-am I being awful?
Awful? No of course not. And I agree that everyone works till the job is done. But knowing that this upsets some people I usually only take about half of the work. Also, you never know who is on the end of the computer. It may be a young person or someone with a disability so, again, I try to just take my share.
Old Oct 06 2010, 01:05 PM

Heck no you are not Selfish, we hiring people to get the work done quickly. Bravo to you for doing a job well done.
Come work on my farms anytime!!!!
Old Oct 06 2010, 02:16 PM

I don't hire from the MP much these days but when I did I would usually hire two and I expected them both to work until the job is done. I was always thrilled to find a good, fast worker.

It's all very well and good to be generous to the other workers but what about the farm owner and his/her needs? What if the farmer doesn't want to sit and wait for the farm to be harvested or plowed? I didn't mind workers splitting things equally as long as they were both reasonably quick. I didn't like it when one would finish quickly and then leave half the work to someone that may not even finish.

I don't think you're being rude at all.
Old Oct 06 2010, 06:25 PM

I do anything I am hired for. Im not picky and I work hard and fast as I can. I simply ask if there is anything else I can do for them. Ive been known to get all the farms a person has because I do anything and everything, am through (I dont leave undone plots here and there and I hate when people I hire do that). Im polite and always thank the person for allowing me to work on their farm.

Thats not to say I dont get irked. I prefer to work alone, but will work with others. However I really hate when the people Im working with stop working in the area they were in that still has plenty to plow to come over to where Im at and cut me off. Id like to commit avataricide. lmao. Then whats worse, they get back to their area, and leave patches of undone work sitting there. Spiteful is what it is.

Yet I work the farm, get what I can and always thank the employer. Im never abusive to those that do cut me off, although you can bet Im putting a sailor to shame behind my screen.
Old Oct 06 2010, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanniew78 View Post
I do anything I am hired for. Im not picky and I work hard and fast as I can. I simply ask if there is anything else I can do for them. Ive been known to get all the farms a person has because I do anything and everything, am through (I dont leave undone plots here and there and I hate when people I hire do that). Im polite and always thank the person for allowing me to work on their farm.

Thats not to say I dont get irked. I prefer to work alone, but will work with others. However I really hate when the people Im working with stop working in the area they were in that still has plenty to plow to come over to where Im at and cut me off. Id like to commit avataricide. lmao. Then whats worse, they get back to their area, and leave patches of undone work sitting there. Spiteful is what it is.

Yet I work the farm, get what I can and always thank the employer. Im never abusive to those that do cut me off, although you can bet Im putting a sailor to shame behind my screen.
I'm the same way, and when they have done that to me also. I just move over to where they where, and finish what they left.
Old Oct 06 2010, 08:51 PM

Wheeew-I'm glad I haven't been going about it all wrong. There's always so many unwritten social rules in these games I hate to find out later that I've been doing something really rude or dumb and just didn't know it.
Old Oct 06 2010, 09:43 PM
Account Not Linked

I hire many people and i am tired of people not completing jobs when they sit in the market place and constantly beg for a job!...I have full big farms to hire people for and mostly all 3 day stuff and it is not good enough for them! If you do not want to do a complete job on farms then do not go to the market place and beg!!
Old Oct 06 2010, 09:44 PM
Account Not Linked

And i usually only hire one person at a time per farm!
Old Oct 06 2010, 11:23 PM

Send a message via MSN to xxjimmyxx

i was just in the MP looking for a job while i was wating i had a player stand right infront of me trying to block peoples view of me so i clicked a little under them so i was infrount thay soon left lol
plus thay wer begging
hears a photo lol im the blue hair avatar
Playing since May12,2009

Old Oct 07 2010, 07:29 AM

jimmy could it have been a player there to sell crops. people who dont go offline to sell most dont look for a certine spot to stand just get to the market and click threw the options tom has not looking to see if they stood in anyone way or not