Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Jan 02 2018, 07:06 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiMo1960 View Post
Interestins.
So one doesn't actually need the exporting facility on their export list for the other importing person to import. And as soon as import is cleared another load can be exported.
Yes 2 of my 4 accounts can see each other.
(only one is connected to the forum)
Hi NiMo,
For your sandwich restaurant chain to export one of your neighbors must have a service facility chain that can stock those sandwiches. When you export to them then they need to import what you have sent.
If you had one, for your service chain to import then someone else has to have the corresponding regular facility chain to be able to export to you.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 02 2018, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi NiMo,
For your sandwich restaurant chain to export one of your neighbors must have a service facility chain that can stock those sandwiches. When you export to them then they need to import what you have sent.
If you had one, for your service chain to import then someone else has to have the corresponding regular facility chain to be able to export to you.
Account 2 has Movie Theatre importing from Pizza Resturant.
This account can export to that account.
Old Jan 02 2018, 07:21 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Account 2 has Movie Theatre importing from Pizza Resturant.
This account can export to that account.
Hi NiMo,
If you mean by this account, the one in your signature it can only import the Hotdog Supreme from the Sandwich restaurant.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 02 2018, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Hi NiMo,
If you mean by this account, the one in your signature it can only import the Hotdog Supreme from the Sandwich restaurant.
linked the 2nd farm so you can see what I mean.
Old Jan 02 2018, 07:49 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
linked the 2nd farm so you can see what I mean.
Hi NiMo,
All we can see in the data is what chains you have started. We do not see any of who you can export to or import from. As I said, yes the sandwich restaurant can export to the movie theatre, but the only product from the sandwich shop that loads in the movie theatre is the hotdog supreme.
Old Jan 02 2018, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Hi NiMo,
All we can see in the data is what chains you have started. We do not see any of who you can export to or import from. As I said, yes the sandwich restaurant can export to the movie theatre, but the only product from the sandwich shop that loads in the movie theatre is the hotdog supreme.
I can now see that.

Needed to play this to understand it, and now what you are saying makes sense.
Whats that saying - "practice makes perfect"
Old Jan 04 2018, 06:23 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:
Question New facilities

I'm having trouble getting the Quests done. For the main reason, I can't afford to buy the Facilities. I have to complete the Quests in order to earn enough FarmCash to purchase the Facilities. I am unable to complete the Quests bcuz I don't have the Facilities that require FarmCash to buy. So, in other words, Why can't the dev's pick Facilities that have been in the store for 9 months or longer? I'm sure I"m not the only one. I know the dev's want to increase sales. But, that's not the way to do it. At least be reasonable when it comes to choosing which Facilities to use for the Quests. They can easily program the game to use only Facilities that have been in the store for 9 months or longer. (9 mnths is an approx time frame).
I have been unable to earn FarmCash from Quests for over 4 weeks bcuz 6 out of 9 Facilities for Quests are the new one I don't have.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20

Last edited by knolan; Jan 04 2018 at 06:26 AM. Reason: add't comment.
Old Jan 04 2018, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by knolan View Post
I'm having trouble getting the Quests done. For the main reason, I can't afford to buy the Facilities. I have to complete the Quests in order to earn enough FarmCash to purchase the Facilities. I am unable to complete the Quests bcuz I don't have the Facilities that require FarmCash to buy. So, in other words, Why can't the dev's pick Facilities that have been in the store for 9 months or longer? I'm sure I"m not the only one. I know the dev's want to increase sales. But, that's not the way to do it. At least be reasonable when it comes to choosing which Facilities to use for the Quests. They can easily program the game to use only Facilities that have been in the store for 9 months or longer. (9 mnths is an approx time frame).
I have been unable to earn FarmCash from Quests for over 4 weeks bcuz 6 out of 9 Facilities for Quests are the new one I don't have.
Hi knolan

It is better to post ideas for the game in our Suggestion section, where we have all suggestions grouped by theme for the developers to read.

You can't start a new thread there, but you can post as a response to a thread that fits with your idea.

This is the link to that section:

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2
Old Jan 04 2018, 07:26 AM

Trying to understand what just happened. I went to export products - opened the screen and there were maybe 8 or 9 neighbors I could export to - some could export 40 products, some 80 and one neighbor could export over 200 (260, I think, but it might have been 240). I like to send goodies to as many people as I can so my strategy has been to start with a lower numbered person. So I chose one of the people who could export 40 and clicked that button. I had assumed that EITHER the others would remain unchanged (which happens at times - I guess if they have different products from what the 40 person had) OR that the people with 80 would go down to 40 and the person with 260 would go down to 220. What happened instead is that after I clicked, I DID still have some people with 40 (not sure if those were some of the original 40s or whether they were some 80-40=40 people), but the part that suprised me is that the person who originally had 260 now couldn't be exported to at all. In other words, to maximize my exports, I would have had to export to THAT person first - to make sure I got at least the 260. Is this a bug or is there another explanation? I would think that even if the 260 person had that many of just one product - that after I exported 40 of that product to the first person, I'd still be able to export 220 to this person. But maybe it doesn't work that way.

If it matters, this is my Soft Drink Factory > Snack Machine that DID have a bug in it at one point. I think Raul said that particular bug would be fixed with the next release so maybe this is part of that and he just hasn't gotten to it yet, which is fine. Just trying to understand what happened here if it's NOT a bug.

I'm sort of hoping this is a bug, actually. I like the strategy of being able to start with the lowest person first so I can export to more people. Spread the wealth.

Thanks,

Susan

Farmer Squeak

Farmer Susan has been happily farming since July 27, 2009.
  • Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • ♫ Oh Give Me a Home . . .
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old Jan 04 2018, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer_Susan View Post
Trying to understand what just happened. I went to export products - opened the screen and there were maybe 8 or 9 neighbors I could export to - some could export 40 products, some 80 and one neighbor could export over 200 (260, I think, but it might have been 240). I like to send goodies to as many people as I can so my strategy has been to start with a lower numbered person. So I chose one of the people who could export 40 and clicked that button. I had assumed that EITHER the others would remain unchanged (which happens at times - I guess if they have different products from what the 40 person had) OR that the people with 80 would go down to 40 and the person with 260 would go down to 220. What happened instead is that after I clicked, I DID still have some people with 40 (not sure if those were some of the original 40s or whether they were some 80-40=40 people), but the part that suprised me is that the person who originally had 260 now couldn't be exported to at all. In other words, to maximize my exports, I would have had to export to THAT person first - to make sure I got at least the 260. Is this a bug or is there another explanation? I would think that even if the 260 person had that many of just one product - that after I exported 40 of that product to the first person, I'd still be able to export 220 to this person. But maybe it doesn't work that way.

If it matters, this is my Soft Drink Factory > Snack Machine that DID have a bug in it at one point. I think Raul said that particular bug would be fixed with the next release so maybe this is part of that and he just hasn't gotten to it yet, which is fine. Just trying to understand what happened here if it's NOT a bug.

I'm sort of hoping this is a bug, actually. I like the strategy of being able to start with the lowest person first so I can export to more people. Spread the wealth.

Thanks,

Susan
Hi Susan

I will try to give you the better explanation I have for this.

The Soft Drink Factory products are used in multiple service facilities like the Movie Theater, Dance Club and Snack machine.

When this happens, you can only see the picture of one of those services, in your case, the Snack machine, but you are probably exporting to the other services too. When developers complete the ‘Check Products’ button functionality you will be able to see exactly which products you are exporting and with that information you can figure out on which facility they are being used.
Closed Thread