Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Mar 19 2011, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpa View Post
UPDATE 18th March... Production in the Oil Refinery, Bee Farm & Fish Farming Plant has been tripled

UPDATE 19th March... Petrochemical Barrels have also been tripled in the Oil Refinery

NOW if only the oil wells were updated or we could have 2 working wells on a farm.

Grumpy, I mean Grumpa, that is a very crude remark, and it needs refinement.

Old Mar 19 2011, 11:31 PM

It's scary how the Dev's read our minds

They certainly aren't 'holding out' on us,
I'm quite bizzy with what they throw out there.

Well, except maybe my attire.
I don't even meet the dress code for mah own Seafood Restaurant.

I just figure they're gonna wow us one day that we can wear
what we produce. A nice silk tie, for example...heehee.
((oh, and Hippy hair...don't ferget the Hippy long hair for us groovy doods~pls n ty))

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

UPDATE 18th March...
Production in the Oil Refinery,
Bee Farm & Fish Farming Plant has been tripled

UPDATE 19th March...
Petrochemical Barrels have also been
tripled in the Oil Refinery

^^
^^This totally rocks ^^

~*~ slips reply card into suggestion box ~*~

• More Cheese would be hella cool.

• And raising the capacity for cows n stuff too.
  • Oh, and I was thinking how it would be nice to be able to drop
  • animals directly into their respective buildings...straight from the Gift box.

Gotta go plant stuff.

Thanks Raul, and the entire Slashkey Team!

Old Mar 20 2011, 02:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayGee View Post
I may be confused, but don't you get the retroactive farmcash when new levels are released? You DO get credit for your points...albeit maybe not at the moment you want it. You say we all know the devs are "holding back". This has never, ever occurred to me. And do you really think level 185 players are the main ones spending real money? If you do, I think you are mistaken. Who knows why they time the releases the way they do, but this seems off base to me. If you can't wait for your farmcash and simply must spend the money, I don't see that as their fault at all. One thing I like about FarmTown is that, by and large, the "haves", who can spend money on the game, are treated pretty much like the "have nots", who play the game strictly on time and experience and 1 farmcash at a time. There's room for everyone. Thanks for a great game, devs.
I was wondering if anyone else was going to question that assumption -- that 185 players are the only ones who spend real money on this game. I don't know where that would come from. Actually, I've seen plenty of evidence that people at all levels are buying FC, if their facilities are any indication. I'm not at 185 yet, and I know I've contributed plenty of "real money" to this game.

It has occurred to me lately that if the Devs were "holding back" anything, it might have been the release of the 9th farm. They continue to add farms, increase storage space -- this all requires server space, and costs real money. It would make sense that they would wait to release these things until they have the "real cash" customer base to support them. At least, I would hope this is a consideration. It would be too sad if we got a notice in six months that drastic revenue producing measures are required because they moved too quickly to expand without the money to pay for the hardware.

Since they are running a business, it would seem to me that coding, testing, and implementation might even be secondary to the financial considerations.
Old Mar 20 2011, 06:31 AM

Thumbs up Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailnurse View Post
Auuugghh!! Been sitting here all day because I KNEW it was going to be today! But my server doesn't have the updates yet. Please Raul, make my server first next time because I have a serious medical disorder called impatiencius interruptius!
Thank you for the up-dates
Old Mar 20 2011, 07:36 AM

aaagggghhhh!!!

the oil refinery production has tripled...but my wells don't give me any more oil!!!!

no no no no no no no!!!!

this is going to totally mess up the way i play, since i always try to max out every facility at once. this means i need 3 times as many oil barrels (no, wait....SIX times as many oil barrels since both the fuel and petro are tripled....) but i don't get any more oil barrels than i did before.

AAAAAAAAGGGGHHHHHHHH!!

please please please triple the oil output!!! otherwise i'll only be starting facilites once every 3 weeks, or else having to ignore the oil stuff altogether in order to max out...
Old Mar 20 2011, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sig View Post
aaagggghhhh!!!

the oil refinery production has tripled...but my wells don't give me any more oil!!!!

no no no no no no no!!!!

this is going to totally mess up the way i play, since i always try to max out every facility at once. this means i need 3 times as many oil barrels (no, wait....SIX times as many oil barrels since both the fuel and petro are tripled....) but i don't get any more oil barrels than i did before.

AAAAAAAAGGGGHHHHHHHH!!

please please please triple the oil output!!! otherwise i'll only be starting facilites once every 3 weeks, or else having to ignore the oil stuff altogether in order to max out...
you don't need 3 times as many oil barrels to max out, you can max out with the same number... you'll just get 3 times the fuel & petro for what you put in, you can still only put 60 barrels in to max out

How to manually link your Farm to the forum

Contact Support

Old Mar 20 2011, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob T View Post
you don't need 3 times as many oil barrels to max out, you can max out with the same number... you'll just get 3 times the fuel & petro for what you put in, you can still only put 60 barrels in to max out
wha...

oh!

i read it wrong!

so, they increased the batch size, not the production amounts?

*looks again at petro facility*

*does a happy dance*

YAY!!!!! Cancel my rant!!!

i'll have more coffee before i post anything again, i promise....

*slinks off to hide*
Old Mar 20 2011, 07:52 AM

Quote:
wha...

oh!

i read it wrong!

*does a happy dance*

*slinks off to hide*
yep.... 12 fuel instead of 4.... and 3 barrels of petro instead of 1

How to manually link your Farm to the forum

Contact Support

Old Mar 20 2011, 08:14 AM

Quote:
wha...

oh!

i read it wrong!

*does a happy dance*

*slinks off to hide*
LOL Sig. Enjoy your coffee.
Old Mar 20 2011, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayGee View Post
I may be confused, but don't you get the retroactive farmcash when new levels are released? You DO get credit for your points...albeit maybe not at the moment you want it. You say we all know the devs are "holding back". This has never, ever occurred to me. And do you really think level 185 players are the main ones spending real money? If you do, I think you are mistaken. Who knows why they time the releases the way they do, but this seems off base to me. If you can't wait for your farmcash and simply must spend the money, I don't see that as their fault at all. One thing I like about FarmTown is that, by and large, the "haves", who can spend money on the game, are treated pretty much like the "have nots", who play the game strictly on time and experience and 1 farmcash at a time. There's room for everyone. Thanks for a great game, devs.
Hi.
Of course I get my XP when they release new *levels*. What I mean is that we should have release of levels on every up-date. That's all.

I buy FC if there should be anything I feel I'd love to have. . . and also when I give FC-giftcards to my friends. So it's NOT like I'm wanting something desperately.

I agree with you, it's the *best* game on the Internet, both for us oldies and for the young people. And repeatedly I too thank the devs for that.

Regards
Simera
Closed Thread