Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old May 22 2019, 09:40 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!
Arrow Problems with Buying/Selling Trading

This thread has been set up for any questions or problems you are having with Buying/Selling/Trading Primary products or Super Facility products. Please read the following information BEFORE posting in this thread. Thank you!

Please read the Game Guide sections before you post. You may find the answer to your questions there!

Buying and Selling between Farmers
How to work out your Buying Limit for selling Primary products.
Super Facility
Trading Warehouse

Primary products are:
  • crops
  • fruit or nuts from trees
  • flowers
  • hen and goose eggs
  • cow and goat milk
  • horse hair
  • any chopped tree logs or branches
  • sheep and llama wool
  • rabbit fleece
  • turkey and peacock feathers

There is no limit on how many of the above Primary products you can sell to another farmer. You can sell several different ones all to the same farmer if you wish, all in the same day, as long as they have buying limit and coins left to purchase.
Your own buying limit governs how much you can buy from another farmer in 12 hours. You may buy several different products from the same farmer, in the same day, if you wish.

To sell Super Facility products you have to Upgrade a facility to a Super Facility and start making the products in them. You can Upgrade every Monday 12:00AM. This feature uses the player’s local time to determine when each day starts and ends. Each day starts at 12:00AM and ends at 11:59:59PM. Your Super Facility products must be sold before the end of the day or you will lose them. Unlike the Primary products, you can only sell ONE product to each farmer ONCE per day.

When you post your Question: Please be clear about what part of buying, selling or trading is not working for you. To be able to help you please try to provide the following information and state at what point it is not working for you:
  • Are you buying or selling?
  • What product are you trying to buy or sell?
  • Who are you trying to buy from or sell to? Neighbour or Stranger.
  • How are you trying to buy or sell? Via the avatar menu, Neighbours bar menu or Trading Warehouse.

To make Suggestions for changes to the Super Facility Click Here

To make Suggestions for changes to the Trading Warehouse Click Here
Old May 29 2019, 02:40 AM

Hi, I had an issue with 2 neighbours trying to sell me some beets. I have a trading lifeline for a regular quest. The first neighbour wanted to sell me some but she had a message that she had no crops to sell. And yet she had enough beet in storage. Another neighbour had the same message although enough crops in her storage. From my side it seemed that I couldn't buy for another 30 minutes.
The message my 2 neighbours received is very confusing: no crops to sell when having enough in storage. Maybe the message should be changed. Because the problem is at the side of the buyer.
Thanks for looking at this.
Palmarina

Oh, and the warehouse is a fantastic tool!!!
Old May 29 2019, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmarina View Post
Hi, I had an issue with 2 neighbours trying to sell me some beets. I have a trading lifeline for a regular quest. The first neighbour wanted to sell me some but she had a message that she had no crops to sell. And yet she had enough beet in storage. Another neighbour had the same message although enough crops in her storage. From my side it seemed that I couldn't buy for another 30 minutes.
The message my 2 neighbours received is very confusing: no crops to sell when having enough in storage. Maybe the message should be changed. Because the problem is at the side of the buyer.
Thanks for looking at this.
Palmarina

Oh, and the warehouse is a fantastic tool!!!
Hi Palmarina,

Thank you for your report. There are some bugs to be worked out and the developers are working on them.

Could you please also supply the following information so we know exactly what method produces that message when you have reached your buying limit and can't buy more for a period of time:
  1. You say these friends are your neighbours. Do they also have you for a neighbour? In other words, you are neighbours both ways and they can see you in their neighbour bar.

2. Which method where they using to sell beets to you?
    Did you meet up somewhere and they clicked on your avatar to use the "Sell products to..."
    If the answer is yes to that. Where did you meet up?
    OR...Did they use the "Sell products to..." via the Neighbour bar?

3. When they checked storage, which size box of beets did they have? Beets or Beets(Large) or both?

4. When your 30 minutes were up, were you able to buy the beets without any further issues?

Thank you.

Last edited by Tiger; May 29 2019 at 06:10 AM.
Old May 30 2019, 03:01 AM

Default issue buying beets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Laybourne View Post
Hi Palmarina,

Thank you for your report. There are some bugs to be worked out and the developers are working on them.

Could you please also supply the following information so we know exactly what method produces that message when you have reached your buying limit and can't buy more for a period of time:
  1. You say these friends are your neighbours. Do they also have you for a neighbour? In other words, you are neighbours both ways and they can see you in their neighbour bar.

2. Which method where they using to sell beets to you?
    Did you meet up somewhere and they clicked on your avatar to use the "Sell products to..."
    If the answer is yes to that. Where did you meet up?
    OR...Did they use the "Sell products to..." via the Neighbour bar?

3. When they checked storage, which size box of beets did they have? Beets or Beets(Large) or both?

4. When your 30 minutes were up, were you able to buy the beets without any further issues?

Thank you.

Hi Tiger, here are the answers:

you are neighbours both ways and they can see you in their neighbour bar. >>> YES

Did they use the "Sell products to..." via the Neighbour bar? >>> YES, that way we don't have to leave our farm.

When they checked storage, which size box of beets did they have? Beets or Beets(Large) or both? >>> BEETS

When your 30 minutes were up, were you able to buy the beets without any further issues? >>> YES, BUT ...
We first cleared memcache.
In the first place my neighbour received again the same message (see first attachment below).
When she clicked on the arrow next to "Crops" she was surprised she could select "Logs" and saw all her logs in storage. Then she clicked again on "Crops" (see second attachment below) and voila she could select the beets and sell them to me without any issue.

Can this information help?

I play in Google Chrome.
My neighbour plays in Opera.

I have attached 2 print screens:
1) the message she received right after selecting "Sell products to..." via the Neighbour bar
2) When clicking on the arrow she finally could select (any) crop or other item to sell.

I hope this can help.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pict_1.jpg (8.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg pict_2.jpg (14.2 KB, 4 views)
Old May 30 2019, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmarina View Post
Hi Tiger, here are the answers:

you are neighbours both ways and they can see you in their neighbour bar. >>> YES

Did they use the "Sell products to..." via the Neighbour bar? >>> YES, that way we don't have to leave our farm.

When they checked storage, which size box of beets did they have? Beets or Beets(Large) or both? >>> BEETS

When your 30 minutes were up, were you able to buy the beets without any further issues? >>> YES, BUT ...
We first cleared memcache.
In the first place my neighbour received again the same message (see first attachment below).
When she clicked on the arrow next to "Crops" she was surprised she could select "Logs" and saw all her logs in storage. Then she clicked again on "Crops" (see second attachment below) and voila she could select the beets and sell them to me without any issue.

Can this information help?

I play in Google Chrome.
My neighbour plays in Opera.

I have attached 2 print screens:
1) the message she received right after selecting "Sell products to..." via the Neighbour bar
2) When clicking on the arrow she finally could select (any) crop or other item to sell.

I hope this can help.
Hi Palmarina,

Thank you for your additional information . The developers are working on this to make it less confusing for the seller when buyer is not able to buy primary products.

About the filters in the sale window, yes there are changes to it. You will also find them when you look in your Harvests & Products section of storage.
Old May 31 2019, 09:37 AM

The beige dot is not showing up on some of my neighbors profile but they have products available in their trade warehouse. I reloaded my page and also clicked on reorder by trade warehouse still no beige dots.
Old May 31 2019, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyD1651 View Post
The beige dot is not showing up on some of my neighbors profile but they have products available in their trade warehouse. I reloaded my page and also clicked on reorder by trade warehouse still no beige dots.

Hi JudyD

I moved your post to the new thread for these kind of problems.

I have checked mine and couldnt reproduce your issue. When I order my neighbor's bar by "Order by Trade Offers" option, only neighbors with available offers are showing up with a beige dot to the right of my profile pic.

I checked for other neighbors who dont have a beige dot and I was able to open their Trading warehouse but offers showing up were expired or already sold.

Try to reload your game again and then order the bar for Trade offers again.

Anyway we know there are some issues with this new feature and developers are working on them.

LINKING YOUR FARM TO THE FORUM

SUPPORT TEAM

Granjera desde el 29 de Julio 2009
Old May 31 2019, 10:54 AM

Thanks Mary
It seems to be working fine now.
Old May 31 2019, 12:13 PM

will buying something from the trading warehouse count if you have the gift lifeline for co-ops quests
Old May 31 2019, 12:29 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNelson View Post
will buying something from the trading warehouse count if you have the gift lifeline for co-ops quests
Hi JNelson,
You don't have lifelines in the co-op quests. Buying in the trading warehouse would be a "buy" and should only count if you have the Trading Lifeline for your regular quest or at least that is how I would interpret it. The only way to know for sure would be to try it.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.

Tags
buying, buying limit, selling, trade limit, trading, trading warehouse, warehouse