Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Oct 08 2019, 06:05 PM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonip33 View Post
Thank you so much It worked
Great! You are welcome tonip33 and thank you for coming back to let us know
Old Oct 12 2019, 09:19 PM

Sorry if this is a broken record but I have reported this issue to slashkey SEVERAL times via email but it keeps recurring.

NCC

Person #1 23419
Person #2 21637
Neighborhood Total 45056

Person #2 is ranked HIGHER than Person #1.

WHY! Person #1 contributes more points to the neighborhood total so common sense says THAT person should rank higher.

This needs to be FIXED as it happens VERY OFTEN. Don't know who else to tell as the developers seem unwilling or unable to rectify this SIMPLE math error.

Can Taz or one of the other moderators get this info to the developers as my emails get no response, crickets!!!

Thank you.
Old Oct 12 2019, 09:41 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAlbertini View Post
Sorry if this is a broken record but I have reported this issue to slashkey SEVERAL times via email but it keeps recurring.

NCC

Person #1 23419
Person #2 21637
Neighborhood Total 45056

Person #2 is ranked HIGHER than Person #1.

WHY! Person #1 contributes more points to the neighborhood total so common sense says THAT person should rank higher.

This needs to be FIXED as it happens VERY OFTEN. Don't know who else to tell as the developers seem unwilling or unable to rectify this SIMPLE math error.

Can Taz or one of the other moderators get this info to the developers as my emails get no response, crickets!!!

Thank you.
Hi John,
Are you referring to the neighbors listed in the My Neighborhood Chains tab?

If you are talking about the My Neighborhood Chains you will always be #1 regardless of how much the others have contributed.

Or are you talking about the placements in the Competing Neighborhoods tab?
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Oct 12 2019, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi John,
Are you referring to the neighbors listed in the My Neighborhood Chains tab?

If you are talking about the My Neighborhood Chains you will always be #1 regardless of how much the others have contributed.

Or are you talking about the placements in the Competing Neighborhoods tab?
No, I'm referring to the Competing Neighborhoods tab. Not the listing, the Contest RANKING.
Old Oct 12 2019, 11:44 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
No, I'm referring to the Competing Neighborhoods tab. Not the listing, the Contest RANKING.
Hi John,
Your contest information probably has not updated for which you can try clearing the memcache and reopen to see if it updates.
We are not able to duplicate this.

The only thing I can say if the memcache clearing doesn't fix it, then contact Support and let them log into your account to see this for themselves. To contact Support click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/settings2/support/

You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then check your spam folder as sometimes those emails get classified as spam.

As you have already contacted them previously there isn't anything we can do to help with this through the forums. Support are the only ones who can look at this.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Oct 13 2019, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi John,
Your contest information probably has not updated for which you can try clearing the memcache and reopen to see if it updates.
We are not able to duplicate this.

The only thing I can say if the memcache clearing doesn't fix it, then contact Support and let them log into your account to see this for themselves. To contact Support click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/settings2/support/

You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then check your spam folder as sometimes those emails get classified as spam.

As you have already contacted them previously there isn't anything we can do to help with this through the forums. Support are the only ones who can look at this.
It is NOT on MY end. It has cost me FC! It is on the SERVER!!! How many times must I repeat that the MATH is WRONG. Same neighborhood lower scoring person RANKS higher!!! So lower point person ranks 2nd at the END (Awarding) of the contest and gets 1FC but higher point person ranks 3rd and gets ZERO FC. Same NCC, same neighborhood so same total points. Person with lower contribution to the neighborhood total FINISHES higher than the person with the higher contribution to the neighborhood total.

Right NOW, game just loaded AFTER memclear
neighborhood total 45586
21873 points is ranked #2
23713 points is ranked #3

This is a PROGRAMMING FLAW!!

WHY does 23713 rank BELOW 21873?!

WRONG WRONG WRONG but is happens close to HALF the contests, not a one-time event.
Old Oct 13 2019, 02:40 PM

Quote:
It is NOT on MY end. It has cost me FC! It is on the SERVER!!! How many times must I repeat that the MATH is WRONG. Same neighborhood lower scoring person RANKS higher!!! So lower point person ranks 2nd at the END (Awarding) of the contest and gets 1FC but higher point person ranks 3rd and gets ZERO FC. Same NCC, same neighborhood so same total points. Person with lower contribution to the neighborhood total FINISHES higher than the person with the higher contribution to the neighborhood total.

Right NOW, game just loaded AFTER memclear
neighborhood total 45586
21873 points is ranked #2
23713 points is ranked #3

This is a PROGRAMMING FLAW!!

WHY does 23713 rank BELOW 21873?!

WRONG WRONG WRONG but is happens close to HALF the contests, not a one-time event.
Hi John

As Taz stated, there is nothing we can do through the forums, so please contact Support team and let them log into your account so they can check what is happening.

Also, 2 months ago I sent you a private message with an email address you can use to send images to Support, so you can take some pictures and send them using that email address.

LINKING YOUR FARM TO THE FORUM

SUPPORT TEAM

Granjera desde el 29 de Julio 2009
Old Oct 13 2019, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marymarcel View Post
Hi John

As Taz stated, there is nothing we can do through the forums, so please contact Support team and let them log into your account so they can check what is happening.

Also, 2 months ago I sent you a private message with an email address you can use to send images to Support, so you can take some pictures and send them using that email address.
I have sent emails with pics to support on SEVERAL occasions and have never received ANY response. I will not give anyone control of my computer, that would be an immense security risk!!!
Old Oct 13 2019, 10:12 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I have sent emails with pics to support on SEVERAL occasions and have never received ANY response. I will not give anyone control of my computer, that would be an immense security risk!!!
Hi John,

Then you will have to live with this. We do not know why it happens that way, but it may have something to do with how a tie is determined to set the order. There is nothing we can do through the forums to change how it is done. You can always change your password for Facebook before and after they have looked and your security is preserved. It helps to be able to see exactly what is going on directly, but it is up to you.

If you are not getting the responses back then check your spam folder as emails from Slashkey Support may be going there. You should get an automatic email when you send in a ticket and responses back when they find out something.
Old Oct 24 2019, 10:28 AM

Why do we always have the same neighbor in our list of ten each week? I feel that it is not fair. I have one neighbor that is always 1st every week in my list and I am the only one of my ten that never gets to come in 1st . All the other 9 in my list come in 1st in their list of ten.

Tags
add faciities in contest, facilities in contest, missing in contest, ncc, neighborhood chain, neighborhood contest, neighborhood contest.