Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Mar 02 2011, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by topmop View Post
Here's what I do. Whenever I get hired to harvest and get to their farm, if they came along (which only happens about half the time) I say; "thanks." If I get a reply I will offer to plow. If there is no answer, as soon as I'm done I leave. I really don't care either way, that's just how I handle it.
That's sort of how I work. If I have someone working and they can't even say a simple "yes" or "no" to "would you like to chop some trees too?" Then they don't get as much work as someone who actually presses the two or three keys necessary to communicate a little.

It doesn't bother me if an employee doesn't want to do something. What does bother me is simply not answering so I know I can go to the marketplace and get someone else so I can get things done more efficiently.

Visit my main farms,The Farms at ShortBerry!
Also check out Coal Patch Woods, my mom's farms, of which I am general manager. (It features farming on a budget...NO purchased Farm Cash with this farm!)
Old Mar 02 2011, 08:24 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by artisanrox View Post
That's sort of how I work. If I have someone working and they can't even say a simple "yes" or "no" to "would you like to chop some trees too?" Then they don't get as much work as someone who actually presses the two or three keys necessary to communicate a little.

It doesn't bother me if an employee doesn't want to do something. What does bother me is simply not answering so I know I can go to the marketplace and get someone else so I can get things done more efficiently.
I am guilty of not answering but it is never intentional. I usually say thank you when I get to a farm to work and then once I start working I sometimes forget to look at the chat box again until I'm done. I don't get bent out of shape if I don't get hired to do everything, though, and I think it's silly of people to think they should be hired to plow just because they harvested.
Old Mar 02 2011, 12:53 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by artisanrox View Post

I understand your view and agree with it, but I do hope you keep in mind that some work in full screen and after they harvest will exit full screen to see if you said anything and to thank you for the work. I always thank the farmer (if he/she is there) but it is after I do the work because I don't know if they have 10 other people coming. I do not mind sharing with one or two others but if they are going to hire an army I want to get the most I can get.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Old Mar 02 2011, 12:55 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

I work in full screen mode all the time and I have absolutely no problems seeing (and reading) word balloons. My vision is 20/400 btw.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Mar 02 2011, 12:59 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
I work in full screen mode all the time and I have absolutely no problems seeing (and reading) word balloons. My vision is 20/400 btw.
I can see the balloons if I have the person talking to me on my screen, sometimes they are sometimes they are not. In the cases where they are not on my screen I will not see what they said until after the harvesting is done and I exit full screen. If they are on my screen and I am the only one working I will stop and answer them so they don't have to wait but if there is someone else working with me they will have to wait till I am done working to get an answer.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Old Mar 02 2011, 01:00 PM

Level:
XP:

Now to defend someplayers on here ive said thanks in the farm im on before because i see someone standing there so i always assume its the farm owner. Sometimes it is sometimes it isnt. Thing is that I dont need ppl to tell me thanks or welcome or anything else. Manners yes but to that i expect to not get a "thanks for the stupid job that didnt pay me jack you stupid blah blah blah" message but i could care less if i get a thanks or not. I simply want the work done. Yes some people are different than I am but in my world my philosophy is that everyone else is (or at least should be) just like me.

Visit 's Farm

Old Mar 02 2011, 01:03 PM

Level:
XP:

oh yes i agree its virtually impossible to reply to ppl while youre working. You have to wait until the work is done. i give ppl a few moments for that. Espescially the ones using the autoclickers because i know stuff has to catch up.

Visit 's Farm

Old Mar 02 2011, 04:38 PM

Send a message via ICQ to suenew Send a message via MSN to suenew Send a message via Yahoo to suenew Send a message via Skype™ to suenew
Default manners

Couldnt we give points on how well we were treated while helping on peoples farms. I do not like how you can work on peoples farms sometimes up to an hour and dont even get a thanks for the work you have done.
Old Mar 02 2011, 04:44 PM

Level:
XP:

Why should we be thanked for doing our job?

Visit 's Farm

Old Mar 02 2011, 05:01 PM

it costs nothing to be polite but it makes the giver and reciever feel good