Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Apr 19 2022, 05:22 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie saunders View Post
ID number ( 553411533 ) - can some one tell me or know how to harvest crops with out looseing money my farm treats everything as if the crops are wasted but only for me freinds and neighbours can harvest for me and it works ok this as been going on for nearly two years
Hi charlie saunders,

Which tool are you using to harvest crops with? When you say you are losing money do you mean you are charged coins when you use a combine? For example if you use a Combine Harvest-Plant tool you are not charged coins for the harvesting part, what you pay for is the cost to plow the fields and to plant them.

Or do you mean that when you harvest the crops, they are not making it to your storage?

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Apr 19 2022, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
Hi Sqrl,

When you cleared the caches in your browser did you also clear the cached images and files? Is the browser still showing up to date? After clearing those did you also close the browser for a couple of minutes before you tried again? If not please try that.
OK, I ran memcache again, cleared the browser cache, made sure that included the images and files, and checked the browser (Opera) is up to date. Then I closed it, shut down the laptop, started it up again and waited a few minutes before reopening the browser and...still 103 ready to chop. Sigh.
Old Apr 19 2022, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sqrl View Post
OK, I ran memcache again, cleared the browser cache, made sure that included the images and files, and checked the browser (Opera) is up to date. Then I closed it, shut down the laptop, started it up again and waited a few minutes before reopening the browser and...still 103 ready to chop. Sigh.
Hi Sqrl,

Could you have altered any of the trees on that farm, removed or changed some. 103 is a strange number when you have 136 on that farm. Is it showing you the same type of trees that you can see on that farm?

Unfortunately we can check your show work info to see what it is showing.

I doubt it's wrong but could you check all aspects of the time and date are still showing up as correct on your computer. Any part of that can cause problems with timings on the farm.

I have run a different clearing on your farms please reload the game and see if that helped at all.

Clickable Help Links:

Old Apr 19 2022, 07:25 AM

Thanks, Tiger. I agree that 103 is odd but that's what it's (still) showing me. Farm stats says that there are 36 Dieffenbachia and 67 Mugo Pine ready. Those are the right kind of trees. Times and dates look ok. I don't recall moving or changing anything on that particular farm. Maybe it will fix itself when they really are ready!
Old Apr 19 2022, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sqrl View Post
Thanks, Tiger. I agree that 103 is odd but that's what it's (still) showing me. Farm stats says that there are 36 Dieffenbachia and 67 Mugo Pine ready. Those are the right kind of trees. Times and dates look ok. I don't recall moving or changing anything on that particular farm. Maybe it will fix itself when they really are ready!
Hi Sqrl,

You can try the rest of what I'm about to suggest or you can go to support with this if you prefer:

See if the farm stats tool in your toolbox is also showing you the same thing for that farm.

It looks like you have moved the order of your farms around at some point as they are no longer in original farm order. Are there any of those types of trees on other farms? If there are, see if you can match that figure it's showing you to another farm. If they are on another farm, when you are on that farm, use the search tool in your tool box to search for that specific tree and see if the same number pops up as you're getting for your current farm 17. This is just to eliminate the farms not being in original order causing a weird a problem.

If you have enough room to do this on farm 17, the footprint of those bushes might mean you don't have room to move them, you could also try one of the following:
  • try moving some of them to another spot on the farm and see if there is another one exactly the same underneath it, you may or may not need to reload to see it.

• or when you've chopped them later today if it's still playing up, try deleting them, then reload and check if any more show up, just incase any got layered by mistake and you can't see the layered ones as they are exactly the same. If none show up then check both show work info and farm stats still show them to you.

Clickable Help Links:

Old Apr 19 2022, 07:54 AM

Thanks, Tiger. I'll try that if their being ready doesn't fix it.

ETA: Seems to have cleared after harvesting, fingers xed.

Last edited by Sqrl; Apr 19 2022 at 02:27 PM.
Old Apr 30 2022, 06:40 PM

User ID 1545131279 , and 118693448904273 . I know I have mentioned this before about the little menu popping up while trying to move the farm or harvest, plow, plant, and issues with the toolbox closing or not staying open before, but now having land sticking to the cursor and moving when it shouldn't, and I thought as you suggested it was a mouse problem. However, I am also having issues with slow mouse response in the game, but not outside the game.
These issues are occurring on both computers with two different mice. I cleared the memcache on the other computer, but not this one yet. I will be doing so as the little menu and drag things are getting arduous to deal with. Anything else going on that may cause these issues.
Old Apr 30 2022, 06:54 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIAP27 View Post
User ID 1545131279 , and 118693448904273 . I know I have mentioned this before about the little menu popping up while trying to move the farm or harvest, plow, plant, and issues with the toolbox closing or not staying open before, but now having land sticking to the cursor and moving when it shouldn't, and I thought as you suggested it was a mouse problem. However, I am also having issues with slow mouse response in the game, but not outside the game.
These issues are occurring on both computers with two different mice. I cleared the memcache on the other computer, but not this one yet. I will be doing so as the little menu and drag things are getting arduous to deal with. Anything else going on that may cause these issues.
Hi Riap,
If the land sticks to the mouse when moving it then all you need to do is click the left button again and it will drop it.
I am not sure what menu is popping up for you as I have never seen that happen. I am not aware of any menu when you are doing any of those functions. This still sounds like a mouse or computer problem. What is in the menu when it pops up?
I can copy your post to the closed thread for the developers to look at it, but I can't duplicate the problems you have listed.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Apr 30 2022, 07:14 PM

Hi Taz,
The menus are the ones that come up when you click a plot,, or other item and it asks delete plot, sell plot or item store item and close menu. Usually you click on the plot, animal or other item and the menu pops up but usually not when one is trying to move the farm around or plow or harvest plot areas. Happens most on the Quest farm because I use small plots of different crops and don't use the larger tools there. I will try a screen shot but may not work on this machine. May have to wait for morning when I am on the desktop. Been having issues with both computers and both mice-but did manage to improve things by memcaching. But its not a permanent cure.
https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid....3755207089133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Riap,
If the land sticks to the mouse when moving it then all you need to do is click the left button again and it will drop it.
I am not sure what menu is popping up for you as I have never seen that happen. I am not aware of any menu when you are doing any of those functions. This still sounds like a mouse or computer problem. What is in the menu when it pops up?
I can copy your post to the closed thread for the developers to look at it, but I can't duplicate the problems you have listed.
Old Apr 30 2022, 07:21 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIAP27 View Post
Hi Taz,
The menus are the ones that come up when you click a plot,, or other item and it asks delete plot, sell plot or item store item and close menu. Usually you click on the plot, animal or other item and the menu pops up but usually not when one is trying to move the farm around or plow or harvest plot areas. Happens most on the Quest farm because I use small plots of different crops and don't use the larger tools there. I will try a screen shot but may not work on this machine. May have to wait for morning when I am on the desktop. Been having issues with both computers and both mice-but did manage to improve things by memcaching. But its not a permanent cure.
https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid....3755207089133
Hi Riap,
Picture says unavailabale. This still sounds like a mouse problem. When you click to move the farm you have to hold the left button down and move it. If the mouse left button is not making good contact then it will not hold as it should be doing. I would suggest trying a different mouse that the ones you have been using.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.

Tags
can't plant, can't plow, can't see crops, crop growth times, crops, farm stats, harvest, harvesting, harvesting crops, offline, plant, plow, seeding