Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Closed Thread

Old Jun 05 2018, 10:14 PM
Senior Moderator

Posting seems to be back working.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jun 15 2018, 12:53 AM

Can not see but one [day old] item when I go to the farmtowm wall? Have cleared Memcache and Chrome settings. Any idea when it will be back?
Old Jun 15 2018, 12:58 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ View Post
Can not see but one [day old] item when I go to the farmtowm wall? Have cleared Memcache and Chrome settings. Any idea when it will be back?
Hi KCJ,
Are you meaning nothing newer that 1 day or only back to 1 day?

If you mean only back to one day, the limit is 100 posts, so when everyone is posting new belt bonuses or ingredient requests for the newer items then you will see less time back.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jun 19 2018, 08:18 PM

Default Wall Listing Issues

There appears to be an issue with the game I have a number of friends this morning alone and neighbours that are saying that they are posting to the Farmtown Wall but they are not showing up on my wall.
I do see their bonsues or requested ingredients but nothing else. I have gone to their FBook page and I do find there postings there. Is there a chance that you could change the option instead of the Wall you could change it to Facebook instead as this could be causing some of there confusion but I am not sure this is the cause of this issue. I have found 6 players this morning alone and I have not finished looking yet. could you please have a look into this asap.
Many thanks
Sharon
Old Jun 19 2018, 08:32 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazp View Post
There appears to be an issue with the game I have a number of friends this morning alone and neighbours that are saying that they are posting to the Farmtown Wall but they are not showing up on my wall.
I do see their bonsues or requested ingredients but nothing else. I have gone to their FBook page and I do find there postings there. Is there a chance that you could change the option instead of the Wall you could change it to Facebook instead as this could be causing some of there confusion but I am not sure this is the cause of this issue. I have found 6 players this morning alone and I have not finished looking yet. could you please have a look into this asap.
Many thanks
Sharon
Hi Sharon,
As long as they don't uncheck the box on the first pop up for posting their facilities then their post should be going to the Show FarmTown Wall Requests. If their posts are not showing there when that is checked then they need to report it to Support. It will not help if you report it for them as Support will need it from them.

First thing is we do not have any way to change anything in the program as we are not developers, but are only players like you who moderate the forums for them. If you want them to change something in the game then you will need to post your suggestion in the Suggestion section for them to see.
Second is they can't change it to go to Facebook as when you post the second pop up that is going to Facebook. That is why you found their posts on their timelines. However, Facebook determines what we see on our newsfeed and Slashkey has no control over what Facebook shows you on your newsfeed for you. You will have to talk to Facebook about that.

For them to report the problem to Support click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/settings2/support/

You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then check your spam folder as sometimes those emails get classified as spam.
Old Jun 19 2018, 09:41 PM

Thanks Taz for responding very quickly I have posted your comments on my fb so my game friends will see your response hopefully they will do as you requested. Thanks fo rthe link and I have now made my suggestion to them. Have a great day.

Last edited by Shazp; Jun 19 2018 at 09:54 PM.
Old Jun 19 2018, 10:00 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazp View Post
Thanks Taz for responding very quickly I have posted your comments on my fb so my game friends will see your response hopefully they will do as you requested. Unfortunately I can not find the Game Sugestion section I did find your closed one at http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showth...me+Suggestions but othing else. Could you supply me with this link if at all possible. Thank you for your never ending support I really appreciate it. Have a great day.
Hi Sharon,
The Suggestions section is here:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2
Find the subject that fits your suggestion, click to open the thread, and reply to that thread.

However as I said the postings do already go to Facebook when they get to the 2nd pop up and click on the Post to Facebook button in the lower right of it. It is Facebook who decides whether you will see those posts on your Newsfeed as there isn't anything Slashkey or any of the games can do to force Facebook to show them to you.
Old Jun 22 2018, 03:17 AM

Default Posting on Newsfeed Problems

I haven't been able to post my facilities and clients for over a week. I did all of the troubleshooting you have listed, and I am still not getting any posts... what can I do??? The bonuses etc post just fine, but not the work requests for factories.
Thank you.
Old Jun 22 2018, 03:59 AM

Default Facilities not posting

Sorry to be such a pain in the behind, but I tried again tonight... bonuses posted just fine, but not working factories etc. I don't even get the pop up where you can select to "post to facebook". I've done all the troubleshooting, I've gone to the wall requests and found neighbors to work, I've commented on their posts on their timelines, but I am not getting any FT related posts on my own timeline. I am so frustrated!!! Please help me.
I even went into the facebook settings and did their troubleshooting, but that was very unproductive.
Old Jun 22 2018, 06:29 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by knuckleheadsister View Post
I haven't been able to post my facilities and clients for over a week. I did all of the troubleshooting you have listed, and I am still not getting any posts... what can I do??? The bonuses etc post just fine, but not the work requests for factories.
Thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by knuckleheadsister View Post
Sorry to be such a pain in the behind, but I tried again tonight... bonuses posted just fine, but not working factories etc. I don't even get the pop up where you can select to "post to facebook". I've done all the troubleshooting, I've gone to the wall requests and found neighbors to work, I've commented on their posts on their timelines, but I am not getting any FT related posts on my own timeline. I am so frustrated!!! Please help me.
I even went into the facebook settings and did their troubleshooting, but that was very unproductive.
Hi knuckleheadsister,

For your own facilities not giving you the post to Facebook popup, have you tried form different facilites? What browser are you using, have you tried posting from another browser? If not try that. I wouldn't use Edge or IE those browsers you can not send gifts from and a few months back it also stopped you posting anything from the game.

For your friends posts not appearing in Newsfeed. All you can do is what you have been doing already, going to their timelines and liking and commenting on their posts. Facebook determines what you see in your newsfeed and the games developers have no say in what Facebook shows you in your newsfeed.

The developers have created a way for you to see what has been posted from Farm Town for you to work or send belt bonuses and ingredient requests. It is in the My Requests tab where you can click on "Show FarmTown Wall Requests" at the top of the page. As long as your friends have allowed their facility posts to be shown there you will find those there as well.
Closed Thread

Tags
can't post, can't work facs, can't work services, facility wall requests, news feed, other wall requests, posts not showing, wall requests