Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Oct 02 2019, 04:55 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy813 View Post
At one point I have gifts waiting for me to receive or exchange them. The next time I get into FarmTown, the gifts are GONE! They just vanish and I never get to claim them.
Hi Kathy,
When you see the gifts are there by the number showing on the My Requests tab title, have you tried opening it to see if the gifts are there before leaving your farms? Try doing that to see if you can accept them and if you can then accept a few. Then check to see if they show up in your gift box.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Oct 02 2019, 05:08 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:
Question Disappearing Gifts

I was just in FarmTown and saw that I had 4 requests so went to the Request tab. One request was for sending on a train but the other 3 were for gifts. I was able to exchange the gifts to accept them and send gifts back. The gifts were in my gift box. I noted that someone was referring to how trade warehouse offers expire at midnight - did this midnight expiration somehow also get applied to gift requests? Just a thought.
Old Oct 02 2019, 05:18 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy813 View Post
I was just in FarmTown and saw that I had 4 requests so went to the Request tab. One request was for sending on a train but the other 3 were for gifts. I was able to exchange the gifts to accept them and send gifts back. The gifts were in my gift box. I noted that someone was referring to how trade warehouse offers expire at midnight - did this midnight expiration somehow also get applied to gift requests? Just a thought.
Hi Kathy,
No, the midnight expiration for the super facilities did not get applied to the gifts. If it had we would have many more posts about it beyond yours. I have gifts in my My Requests that go back for quite a while as I don't usually collect those until I need something from gifts like a certain tree or crop.

Did you try clearing your memcache as Tiger asked you to do? If not please do so. Then watch your gifts again and see if they continue to disappear.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Oct 07 2019, 05:35 PM

I see this is a fairly old thread. Was this issue ever resolved for anyone back then, as I am back on the game after being off for four years and beginning over? I now have this issue where I cannot populate the friend list to send gifts or invites, or to accept neighbor requests. It's either totally blank or just sits there and does nothing. It seems so far that when I try to accept a gift, it shows up in my game gift box, but the notification that one was sent never goes away or otherwise acknowledges that I accepted it.
I have no way to know how many of my current 400+ FB friends actually play.
Thank you
Old Oct 07 2019, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightRaven View Post
I see this is a fairly old thread. Was this issue ever resolved for anyone back then, as I am back on the game after being off for four years and beginning over? I now have this issue where I cannot populate the friend list to send gifts or invites, or to accept neighbor requests. It's either totally blank or just sits there and does nothing. It seems so far that when I try to accept a gift, it shows up in my game gift box, but the notification that one was sent never goes away or otherwise acknowledges that I accepted it.
Thank you
Hi NightRaven

If you have many friends playing the game then that could be the problem for the lists to load as Facebook has allowed less than 500 friends for the lists.

Also, all browsers have changed the way to allow 3rd party cookies and popups.

You have instructions for some browsers in the following link:

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=625118

If you use IE, Edge or Safari, then please the information given in the following thread:

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=635906
Old Oct 08 2019, 03:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightRaven View Post
Thank you
Not sure if this will go to NightRaven, but if not, perhaps one of the support team might send it to her?

Have you tried going to the neighbor tab and sort by "activity" to see which of your neighbors are active now? You should remove any that have not played since Aug, then invite anyone you know, to be your neighbor.

Last edited by Taz D; Oct 08 2019 at 10:06 AM. Reason: Fixed quote
Old Oct 09 2019, 06:11 PM
Account Not Linked

Default Strange FB "Log-In" Pop-up Box

See attached snapshot from my computer screen, I attempted to send a gift to the fellow FarmTown neighbors but somehow I suspiciously got a weird pop-up box asking me to log in with Facebook or create an account for the FIRST TIME ever. It's very odd because I always log in with my Facebook account to play FarmTown. Is it a glitch? If so, please ensure that your technical developers fix the issue. Thank you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FarmTown-LoginPopupBox.jpg (15.2 KB, 8 views)

Old Oct 09 2019, 06:35 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyCA1 View Post
See attached snapshot from my computer screen, I attempted to send a gift to the fellow FarmTown neighbors but somehow I suspiciously got a weird pop-up box asking me to log in with Facebook or create an account for the FIRST TIME ever. It's very odd because I always log in with my Facebook account to play FarmTown. Is it a glitch? If so, please ensure that your technical developers fix the issue. Thank you.
Hi DisneyCA1,
Are you using Gameroom? If so try logging into Facebook and go though the browser to see if you get this again. That did not come from Farm Town and there isn't anything they can fix.
Either this is a legit request from Facebook or it is an attempt to get your password from a virus or malware.I can only suggest you close your farms, log off of Facebook and then relog back in to Facebook and try again. If you get the pop up again run your anti-virus program to see if that is it.
Old Oct 09 2019, 08:01 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Hi DisneyCA1,
Are you using Gameroom? If so try logging into Facebook and go though the browser to see if you get this again. That did not come from Farm Town and there isn't anything they can fix. Either this is a legit request from Facebook or it is an attempt to get your password from a virus or malware.I can only suggest you close your farms, log off of Facebook and then relog back in to Facebook and try again. If you get the pop up again run your anti-virus program to see if that is it
Hi Taz,
I am not sure but please see the attached snapshot that I am using the link in the red block. I use the Safari browser with the 13.0.2 version on the MacBook Pro.

I logged out of my Facebook, closed the browser down and re-logged back to Facebook but unfortunately it is not working. I don't know what to do!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FarmTown-LoginPopupBox2.jpg (14.9 KB, 5 views)

Old Oct 09 2019, 08:09 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyCA1 View Post
Hi Taz,
I am not sure but please see the attached snapshot that I am using the link in the red block. I use the Safari browser with the 13.0.2 version on the MacBook Pro.

I logged out of my Facebook, closed the browser down and re-logged back to Facebook but unfortunately it is not working. I don't know what to do!
Hi DisneyCA,
I am not sure what the link in red says because the picture is too small. If this is a saved bookmark you are using one thing you can try is to use the link to Farm Town in the left column of your Facebook home page.This is now sounding like a problem some are having that Facebook created. If you try logging in again through the pop up is it bringing you right back to the pop up again? If the link on the home page doesn't work you will need to contact Facebook to get this fixed as they are the ones who have caused this to happen to some.

If you wish you can contact Support about this too and see if they have any other suggestions.

To contact Support click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/settings2/support/

You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then check your spam folder as sometimes those emails get classified as spam.

Tags
can't accept gifts, can't exchange, can't receive gifts, can't send gifts, exchange gifts, gift, gift box, gift limit, gifting, gifting machines, gifts, how many gifts, missing gifts, no gifts, not able to receive gifts, receive gifts, receiving gifts, return gifts, send gifts, shrinking window, stuck gifts, window narrows