Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Aug 18 2020, 06:43 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pndq View Post
I could not find my exact problem here but I didn't know where else to look. When I am working my farms or for other farmers, saving farm town data is so slow that most of the time the saving icon is red with numbers ie: 5 or 19 or whatever. I have to stop and wait for this to clear before going on just to have it do all over again. I have new HP Pavilion lap top so I know I have plenty of storage. I tried to clear macromedia but when I went to the link posted in here, I was unable to use what was there. It listed the panels however, when I clicked on them nothing happened. Please help me if you can, I can barely play this game anymore. Thank you, Pennie
Hi Pennie,

As you're also having problems with using the Adobe macromedia panel, It sounds like you have a slowdown in one or more of the internet connections your computer needs to go through to connect to various places which could be why your game is also slow to save the work you are doing. I'm afraid all the connections anyone uses are owned by many different companies and there's no way to pin the exact cause down when it's that, you have to wait for whoever owns the link to see the problem, find it and fix it. I've just tried the panel and it's working fine for me.

The instructions we have on the forum are to help you to make sure everything is fine that you are able to check on. They can not fix every possible cause, but can help with many. If you've already tried the rest of what is listed in those posts, the server tests came back fine, then there's likely nothing wrong with the game servers that is causing it.

Just in case you're not already aware of some of the things that can cause a slowdown:
  • If you've had the browser open for many hours and been using it continuously, you could try closing the browser for a few minutes, reopen the browser and try again.

• If more than one person is hired to work the same farms as yourself, some have reported when that happens it can be a problem for them. If that happens, it's entirely up to you if you want to continue working for them or try a different farm where no-one else is working and see if that's any better for you. If it's causing too many problems, you'll have to wait for the counter to finish saving if you want to send the farm owner a message to let them know that you've had a problem and have to stop, or leave.

• When there's a considerable amount on the farms, that can cause a slowdown. You can try only showing the item you need to work on in your game preferences so there is less for your computer to load at any one time. For example, if you're working on crops only show the crops, if you then need work on trees hide the crops show the trees and so on. It is slower to have to do that, but if you really need the work or want to finish the job or at least that particular farm, it can help.

• If you're working alone and the counter climbs, the more you allow the counter to climb before you pause to wait for it to catch up with what you are doing, the longer you will have to wait for it to finish saving.
Old Aug 18 2020, 09:05 AM

Lightbulb This may be helpful

Quote:
Originally Posted by pndq View Post
I could not find my exact problem here but I didn't know where else to look. When I am working my farms or for other farmers, saving farm town data is so slow that most of the time the saving icon is red with numbers ie: 5 or 19 or whatever. I have to stop and wait for this to clear before going on just to have it do all over again. I have new HP Pavilion lap top so I know I have plenty of storage. I tried to clear macromedia but when I went to the link posted in here, I was unable to use what was there. It listed the panels however, when I clicked on them nothing happened. Please help me if you can, I can barely play this game anymore. Thank you, Pennie
This may be helpful. I have been experiencing the same problem for months. During that time I have try to pinpoint the issue using all the suggested ideas and nothing has worked for me. Well just last week, while in full screen, I right clicked on the screen and a menu popped up. I left clicked on the bottom option which was about Adobe Flash and it seem to magically help the red numbers to descend quickly. I continued this on each farm I planted. When I was done, I reduced the screen and there was another tab for each time I had right clicked. On my farm town tab, I right clicked to close all other tabs. I am working through Mozilla. Truly hope this helps you at least through Adobe Flash End Of Life at the end of this year.

Farming Since July 25, 2009 USER ID number 537090646
Old Aug 19 2020, 01:27 AM

Thank you very much Santmeyer for the information, I sure hope it works for me. I will let you Know. I am using Microsoft Edge. Please stay safe.

Last edited by pndq; Aug 19 2020 at 01:34 AM.
Old Aug 19 2020, 01:33 AM

Thankyou so much Tiger for all the information, and also for being willing to help us all. I really appreciate it more than you will ever know since I am in no way computer savvy lol. Please stay safe out there.
Old Aug 19 2020, 06:12 AM

Default Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge

I just got windows 10..I want to use the Microsoft Edge browser, but when I go to the add on for the farm town flash enabler if says I must download Chrome..can you help me out please?
Old Aug 19 2020, 07:08 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana1971 View Post
I just got windows 10..I want to use the Microsoft Edge browser, but when I go to the add on for the farm town flash enabler if says I must download Chrome..can you help me out please?
Hi Dana,

I have moved your post to the relevant thread.

That is correct, you need have Chrome browser downloaded before you can use a Chrome extension on Edge. The FarmTown Flash Enabler is a Chrome extension.

If you need detailed instructions they are in the usual place, here's the link to that section: http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=625118
Old Aug 19 2020, 08:31 AM

After doing a farm job of any size and going back to job marketplace, I always lose connection to mainframe. My messages won't go through & won't show every "Y" that's in the marketplace, "Y" can still request to hire me, I can still hire and sell? I have to "refresh" page or completely leave and return to game to re-connect game mainframe?
Old Aug 19 2020, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficialSunfreshFarms View Post
After doing a farm job of any size and going back to job marketplace, I always lose connection to mainframe. My messages won't go through & won't show every "Y" that's in the marketplace, "Y" can still request to hire me, I can still hire and sell? I have to "refresh" page or completely leave and return to game to re-connect game mainframe?
Hi OfficialSunfreshFarms

Please see if the suggestions given in the first post, first page of this thread, including the ones in the links, help you to solve your problem.
Old Aug 19 2020, 06:33 PM

Hello Santmyer, just wanted to let you know your help wasn't helpful for me at all because after going to full screen rt clicking did nothing no menu popped up and it didn't pop up in any size screen for the game. I guess I can't get things to change, I will have to decide if I want to try and continue playing or just quit which I would hate to do that. please stay safel
Old Aug 19 2020, 06:45 PM

Hello Tiger, I just wanted to let you know that no matter where I go for help, they can't help me with clearing the macromedia or accessing the website settings so I can increase storage, I will have to decide whether or not to keep playing and I hate the thought of quitting. Again thanks for trying to help, please stay safe.

Tags
adobe flash, cannot load game, connecting to mainframe, farm not loading, farm town not loading, flash player, flash player issues, game freezes, green screen, loading error, loading issues, saving data, shockwave, shockwave flash, u00, white screen, x025, x025 error