Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #131  
Old Nov 08 2020, 02:08 PM
Taz D's Avatar
Taz D Taz D is offline
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 29 2010
Location: Ace, Tx
Posts: 26,816
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by madisgigi View Post
Some of my neighbors are missing from my neighbors bar, it says they have been deleted but I have not deleted anyone. Cleared cache and still gone.
Hi madisgigi,
I have moved your post to the subject thread about neighbors. We try to keep all posts about a subject organized together so everyone can find the information easier.

Where are you seeing that is says they are deleted? That would not show in the Neighbor Bar. The only thing you would see in the Neighbor Bar would be blank spaces at the end of your neighbors saying Add Neighbor.

Even if you may not have deleted any neighbors, they have the right and ability to remove themselves as your neighbor.

Can you see them in the My Neighbors tab at the top oif the farms?
__________________
Taz
Dubh Glais Estates
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old Nov 08 2020, 02:29 PM
madisgigi madisgigi is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 24 2009
Posts: 5
Default

There avatar picture is showing up but not the one above it. They show deleted when I am doing co-op quests. They are all there in the My Neighbors. I guess it is just a glitch because I don't think 23 would all delete me at once.
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old Nov 08 2020, 02:35 PM
marymarcel's Avatar
marymarcel marymarcel is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 30 2009
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posts: 14,879
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by madisgigi View Post
There avatar picture is showing up but not the one above it. They show deleted when I am doing co-op quests. They are all there in the My Neighbors. I guess it is just a glitch because I don't think 23 would all delete me at once.
Hi madisgigi

Taz is not available at this moment.

Oh! ok, your nieghbors are not deleted. From time to time we can get (deleted) when we hover the mouse over our neighbors picture while going through the cooperative quest.

Try clearing your memcache, link below. A new window will open with a short list of unsettings. Close that window and your farm if it was open in another tab. Then reopen your farms and see if glitch is fixed.

https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old Nov 15 2020, 04:30 PM
qrice qrice is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 06 2016
Posts: 5
Default Why can't I find all my FB friends on Farmtown

I cannot find all my friends through farmtown, to add as neighbour
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old Nov 15 2020, 04:37 PM
Taz D's Avatar
Taz D Taz D is offline
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 29 2010
Location: Ace, Tx
Posts: 26,816
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrice View Post
I cannot find all my friends through farmtown, to add as neighbour
Hi Grice,
I moved your post to the subject thread about neighbors, because we try to keep all posts organized by subject for everyone to find.
When you add friends who play Farm Town, Facebook must add them to the list in the My Neighbors tab. However they are not quick to do this. It can take a day or two for them to update that list.
You can try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.
If your farm is open close it. Then reopen and check again.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached


Sometimes that will speed up the updating oif that list.
__________________
Taz
Dubh Glais Estates
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Reply With Quote
  #136  
Old Nov 16 2020, 03:02 AM
dcsully dcsully is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 05 2010
Posts: 93
Default neighbors

I just deleted a player that hasn't played in several months so I could add someone else - but after I deleted the nonplayer - it says I am still at my max and won't let me add anyone else - HELP!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old Nov 16 2020, 06:59 AM
Tiger's Avatar
Tiger Tiger is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 12 2010
Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!
Posts: 10,567
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsully View Post
I just deleted a player that hasn't played in several months so I could add someone else - but after I deleted the nonplayer - it says I am still at my max and won't let me add anyone else - HELP!!!!
Hi dcsully,

If you have not already done so, run memcache and then reload the My Neighbours tab in case the data has not updated and see if it's still saying you are at your maximum. If after, that it still tells you that you are at your maximum, please read the rest of this post:

There is a small chance that the Facebook data that tells the game that you have removed a neighbour hasn't updated yet, memcache can help with that but not always. If you wish you could wait another day or 2 and see if the message still shows. However the more likely cause is the following:

The database for the neighbours is can only hold so many digits. At this time it can not be increased. When you reach your max it means there is not enough room to add any of your friends that have even the shortest ID.

Over the years IDs have got much longer, due to so many people joining Facebook.The IDs can range from around 8 to 15 digits. You currently have 113 neighbours which is a very good amount today, a lot of people can't have anything like that many, some can only have as little as 80 neighbours. The length of peoples IDs is not something we have any control over, those are set by Facebook. Facebook have tried to combat this issue by recycling old IDs that no longer being used and are shorter, but I'm afraid no-one has any choice on what ID they get for the game.

Unfortunately, there's no way to tell exactly how much room you have left in your database.

What's probably happened is that you have removed someone that has a short ID number but you don't have a friend with a short enough ID to be able to replace them, so it's still saying you are at your maximum, which means there there currently isn't enough room in your neighbours database to be able to add them.

The only thing you can do when this happens, if you really want to add this friend as a neighbour, is to remove at least another neighbour so that there is more room in your neighbours database to be able to add them.

It's entirely up to you of course, if you want to do that.
Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old Nov 16 2020, 07:23 PM
dcsully dcsully is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 05 2010
Posts: 93
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
Hi dcsully,

If you have not already done so, run memcache and then reload the My Neighbours tab in case the data has not updated and see if it's still saying you are at your maximum. If after, that it still tells you that you are at your maximum, please read the rest of this post:

There is a small chance that the Facebook data that tells the game that you have removed a neighbour hasn't updated yet, memcache can help with that but not always. If you wish you could wait another day or 2 and see if the message still shows. However the more likely cause is the following:

The database for the neighbours is can only hold so many digits. At this time it can not be increased. When you reach your max it means there is not enough room to add any of your friends that have even the shortest ID.

Over the years IDs have got much longer, due to so many people joining Facebook.The IDs can range from around 8 to 15 digits. You currently have 113 neighbours which is a very good amount today, a lot of people can't have anything like that many, some can only have as little as 80 neighbours. The length of peoples IDs is not something we have any control over, those are set by Facebook. Facebook have tried to combat this issue by recycling old IDs that no longer being used and are shorter, but I'm afraid no-one has any choice on what ID they get for the game.

Unfortunately, there's no way to tell exactly how much room you have left in your database.

What's probably happened is that you have removed someone that has a short ID number but you don't have a friend with a short enough ID to be able to replace them, so it's still saying you are at your maximum, which means there there currently isn't enough room in your neighbours database to be able to add them.

The only thing you can do when this happens, if you really want to add this friend as a neighbour, is to remove at least another neighbour so that there is more room in your neighbours database to be able to add them.

It's entirely up to you of course, if you want to do that.
Well I did the memcache - and it still says I can't add more neighbors. I started out with 118 neighbors years ago and slowly they have cut me down - I'm afraid to delete anymore!!! I'm afraid I'm going to end up with several non players at this rate because I won't delete anymore! lol
Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old Nov 16 2020, 07:44 PM
Taz D's Avatar
Taz D Taz D is offline
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 29 2010
Location: Ace, Tx
Posts: 26,816
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsully View Post
Well I did the memcache - and it still says I can't add more neighbors. I started out with 118 neighbors years ago and slowly they have cut me down - I'm afraid to delete anymore!!! I'm afraid I'm going to end up with several non players at this rate because I won't delete anymore! lol
Hi dcsully,
As Facebook has added more members then the account ID numbers have grown in size. Since the database for neighbors is a finite length and stores the account IDs for your neighbors with those newer player IDs being longer then the number of neighbors you can have has shrunk some.

I don't think keeping non-players is really that advantageous unless you are close to running out of Item storage. There are tools (storage sheds to help with that if you haven't already bought them.
Please note that the numbers have not gotten so large that you will have to delete more than 2 non-playing neighbors to allow you to add the newer player.
__________________
Taz
Dubh Glais Estates
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old Nov 23 2020, 05:54 AM
LisaScobee LisaScobee is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 14 2017
Posts: 55
Question Trying to make someone a neighbor

I just became friends with a farmer on Facebook and their name isn't showing up in my list of people that I can add as a neighbor in the game. Is there something I'm missing?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
archived farm, blue dot, can't add neighbour, colored dots, coloured dots, dots, green dot, invite, neighbor, neighbors, neighbour, purple dot, red dot, remove neighbour, super neighbor, super neighbor tools, super neighbors

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:36 AM.