Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Sep 11 2020, 12:00 AM

Default Slow and buffering

For the last several days FT is slow and buffering, eg when I harvest/plow/plant a 12x12 field the red numbers just continue to increase. What are you doing about this.............. a pole of my neighbors indicates all are having these issues.
Old Sep 11 2020, 12:13 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstebbens View Post
For the last several days FT is slow and buffering, eg when I harvest/plow/plant a 12x12 field the red numbers just continue to increase. What are you doing about this.............. a pole of my neighbors indicates all are having these issues.
Hi sstebbens,
I have moved your post to the subject thread about the game running slow.

First thing would be that there are many playing at the same time because of the new release that would not usually be playing at the same time.

There are some suggestions in the first post about things that do cause the game to slow down that you might want to look at.

You can also try the suggestions in the first post of the following thread link including those that are linked there:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=352666
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.

Last edited by Taz D; Sep 11 2020 at 12:17 AM.
Old Nov 10 2020, 04:12 PM

Default The to slow

it make it imposoble to fish when hire to do so with big farm it takes to long an is my internet because other farmer have the same problem thank u so much for what ever u can do
Old Nov 10 2020, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luisvolky View Post
it make it imposoble to fish when hire to do so with big farm it takes to long an is my internet because other farmer have the same problem thank u so much for what ever u can do
Hi luisvolky

I moved your post to the thread about Game Running Slow.

I am sorry but we have no control on the amount of water items placed on a farm.
If those farms are fully worked then you could have problems trying to work them.

You can try to work with everything hidden in your preferences but the water items and see if that helps.
Also we have some suggestions for you to try in the first post, first page of this thread.
Old Dec 02 2020, 05:26 AM

Good morning happy holidays,i still have problem fishing big farm is very slow i did what u said but still to slow, i also have problem when am going to hire a farmer \not all my farm have number is bein like that since am in this game ; pleas i will appreciate what ever u could do with this matter .bless u
Old Dec 02 2020, 07:27 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luisvolky View Post
Good morning happy holidays,i still have problem fishing big farm is very slow i did what u said but still to slow, i also have problem when am going to hire a farmer \not all my farm have number is bein like that since am in this game ; pleas i will appreciate what ever u could do with this matter .bless u
Hi luisvolky,

I have moved your post to the thread where your other post about this is.
There will be a lot of farmers online after a new release so things can slow down until farmers return to their normal game play so if this is something that has happened again in the last couple of days, things may improve in a few days.

However, if you are getting this all the time, please read on.

Wall to wall stacked fishing will be slower to work for some people especially on the bigger farms. It may be that some will be harder to work than others because they have more than just that on those farm, even though you have hidden the rest of what is on those farms, or they may have added more to them than others have done.

All you can do is make sure your routine cleaning of your computer and browser is done regularly. If you have more than one tab open in your browser, you might want to reduce that just to one tab open when you are working big fish farms and see if that will help. If you've had the browser open for a long time, it's worth closing it for at least a few minutes, then reopen, in case you're running low on memory, which would also slow things down.

Other than that, if you would like to check the list of things that you can do yourself to make sure everything your end is fine then you can read the first post in the following link and see if there is anything listed there that you have not already tried yet and see if they help:

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=352666
Old Dec 27 2020, 12:33 AM

Default saves in progress

why are saves in progress taking so long. taken me an hour to plant 4 farms its just so slow
Old Dec 27 2020, 12:45 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by deenites View Post
why are saves in progress taking so long. taken me an hour to plant 4 farms its just so slow
Hi Deenites,
I moved your post to the subject thread about the game running slow. The saves get backed up for several possible reasons. Your internet connection into the servers, which goes through many links in between and it only takes 1 with slow traffic to cause a slowdown.

If you have been working a lot on your farms or had hires working alot on your farm then that can use a lot of your computer memory and that will slow down the saves. I find if I am in full screen when this happens then if I drop to normal screen and the saves will speed up.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Yesterday, 11:02 AM

Default Faster farming?

Are you going to make farmtown faster? Right now it is so slow it is almost unbearable for someone with carpal tunnel to play. It seems almost everything has to be clicked on 2-3 times for it to work, ie: I have to click on the harvest/plow/seed tool several times for it to take me to the seeds, then have to click on the seed I want several times. The biggest problem is that with my trackball I used to be able to speed harvest/plow by moving the ball with one hand and clicking with the fingers of the other but now it is painstakingly slow by having to be precise and clicking each one. Even though I have a semi large tool it still takes forever to work my farms.
Old Yesterday, 11:18 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal View Post
Are you going to make farmtown faster? Right now it is so slow it is almost unbearable for someone with carpal tunnel to play. It seems almost everything has to be clicked on 2-3 times for it to work, ie: I have to click on the harvest/plow/seed tool several times for it to take me to the seeds, then have to click on the seed I want several times. The biggest problem is that with my trackball I used to be able to speed harvest/plow by moving the ball with one hand and clicking with the fingers of the other but now it is painstakingly slow by having to be precise and clicking each one. Even though I have a semi large tool it still takes forever to work my farms.
Hi Crystal,
I have moved your post to the Help & Support thread about game running slow. If you are having to click several times to get the tool and go to get the seed you want to plant and then several times to get them to plant, that tells me your mouse is not working right. This game is hard on mice because of the amount of clicking which ends up wearing out the left mouse button. I just had to replace mine for the same reason.
If this mouse is wireless please replace the battery and see if that helps. If it is not do you have a different mouse you can try to see if that works. If it does then you may need to replace your mouse.

Tags
slow, slow game, slow loading, slow saving