Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 23 2009, 08:21 AM

I don't know what's been done, but it just took me a half an hour to plow for someone. It would not let me skip around and kept telling me I was busy, wait. I have never had that happen before. It would only let me plow one field at a time. I couldn't keep going like I could before. Horrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Dec 23 2009, 08:23 AM
Account Not Linked

Lightbulb Limited Hires

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul View Post
Hi There,

We have been monitoring you feedback and most likely we will be reverting to the old version early tomorrow and try to find a better compromise.

One of the alternatives that we considered was to only allow one worker harvesting and one worker plowing on your farm at the same time. This was also suggested by several other users on the other thread, however we thought that was going to be even more problematic.

Please provide some feedback about this other alternative on this thread, or if you rather prefer the way it was before, unlimited hiring, faster work but more potential for collisions and lost coins/XP.

thanks

--Raul
my wife and i think that you should limit the amount of workers on a farm at one time. 2 to 3 workers should be good. We both love this game and have maxed out on levels but we also hire only 1 to do our farms and seem to have no issues with that...
Old Dec 23 2009, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul View Post
Hi There,

We have been monitoring you feedback and most likely we will be reverting to the old version early tomorrow and try to find a better compromise.

One of the alternatives that we considered was to only allow one worker harvesting and one worker plowing on your farm at the same time. This was also suggested by several other users on the other thread, however we thought that was going to be even more problematic.

Please provide some feedback about this other alternative on this thread, or if you rather prefer the way it was before, unlimited hiring, faster work but more potential for collisions and lost coins/XP.

thanks

--Raul
The only people complaining are those with the faster computers, the new way keeps the playing field equal. I personally like the new way. It works great for the rest of us and the new players.

Thank you
Old Dec 23 2009, 08:25 AM
Account Not Linked

i do like controling how many har vest and plow at one time .. as it causes irratic game play and tempers and then crops dont get done properly.. as far as overal game play etc i liked how it was the other way.
Old Dec 23 2009, 08:29 AM

They could make the new way of harvesting optional. That would give everyone a chance to try it. I thought it was awful and there was no way I could harvest as fast as I had been. Maybe there is a difference depending on your computer, line speed, or browser. All I know is that I would no longer work on other farms if they leave the new update in place. I am quiet when I like things because I am happily playing the game. I think that's what the developers want. FT is the best app on Facebook and I have never stated a negative opinion before. This change obviously adversly affected a lot of people.
Account Not Linked

Thank you for changing it back. As for a hiring limit, I like the idea of 2 people per job, total of 4 if you hire different harvesters and plowers.

I also think that the green/red square that shows when plowing should be optional. I like having it when I am plowing/rearranging my own farm but would rather not have it when plowing on a neighbor's farm.

Thank you for listening to us.

Personally I don't have a problem with the new update. I got used to it pretty quickly - I feel like people need to just get over it and either continuing playing or quit. If you do go back to the old way I really hope you implement limited hiring - 1 harvester/1 plower per farm. My biggest pet peeve with this game has been people who hire 7, 8, 9, 10+ people on their farm - I've seen it happen many times. There is no farm size in this game that justifies the hiring of that many people. I think it would be difficult to implement a warning/firing system because you can't actually tell who's doing the random clicking (I guess you could during harvesting, but not during plowing). Another idea would be to divide farms into quadrants (not sure how this would work programmatically) - that way you assign each person to a quadrant which means they can't click all over the place and then those who like to hire a lot of people can hire up to 4.
Old Dec 23 2009, 08:32 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

When the 22nd change came out I immediately hated it. As the day went on and I used it more, I liked it a lot more. Not as fast as I was but did manage to get a fair amount of speed up. It was going fine! Until early last evening.

My wife and I tried it out different ways before we came to a final decision. We didn't like it. When being hired on a farm with as few as two others it would often get extremely slow, much more so then we had ever seen it before. Waiting for your avatar to catch up to where you had clicked to harvest took so long. Everyone hired had the same problem. Not just 'slow' but almost inoperative.

Thought I had the problem licked with bumping into my own avatar but no.

Timing out was a problem before the changeover but was much worse last night. People my wife had hired also timed out more often. It was necessary to hire several times to get a job done. This was hiring a single person every time.

We wouldn't like to see the number of hires limited. Ourselves, family and friends enjoy meeting and chatting together on 'the farm' There must be another way!

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Dec 23 2009, 08:32 AM
Account Not Linked

Oh..THANK YOU..THANK YOU..THANK YOU!..so glad you are changing it back. Actually I am one of the users who suggested the 1 Harvester and 1 Plower method. The competition would increase, but the rewards (coins and XP) would be worth it. Have you ever thought of a rating system, where the person hiring you rates your performance?..that way you would inspire people to "behave", be friendly, effecient etc..and you could see a persons rating before hiring them?
Old Dec 23 2009, 08:33 AM

Smile new way

i personally love the new way with only one problem. that is the travel time for the avatar trying to get through the fences and over the bridges.
Closed Thread