Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 22 2016, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi lpeaks,
The tools are switchable between the old method and the new one. Extend mode means you are using the new (area) method. You can change it by clicking on the tool symbol that replaced the eye. That will pop up the 2 modes.

I can't find where to post my question about the extend mode on the purple log truck with chain saw that I just today bought. I can't find how to change back to the old method to chop trees. I have no large squares of trees planted so I probably should not have purchased this tool.
Old Dec 22 2016, 09:30 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWheezer View Post
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi lpeaks,
The tools are switchable between the old method and the new one. Extend mode means you are using the new (area) method. You can change it by clicking on the tool symbol that replaced the eye. That will pop up the 2 modes.

I can't find where to post my question about the extend mode on the purple log truck with chain saw that I just today bought. I can't find how to change back to the old method to chop trees. I have no large squares of trees planted so I probably should not have purchased this tool.
Hi Wheezer,
As you quoted above "You can change it by clicking on the tool symbol that replaced the eye. That will pop up the 2 modes." The old method is the top one when you click on the tool icon, so click on that and it will set the tool back to the old method. I would suggest you try the new Extend method though as it will harvest any trees within the square area, so it doesn't matter how you have them planted.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Dec 22 2016, 01:28 PM

Default Extended Tool

Thanks Taz. I may try both methods on different farms that have trees placed in different positions. I really like the tool just smaller than this one and feel that it harvests much faster.
Old Dec 22 2016, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeniorCornwall View Post
Thanks... Look like I will be able to buy them all when they come out Now only if they would release them.....

Would imagine we will see FarmCash versions in later months like trains (ex. Enhanced, Supreme, Ultimate, Turbo..)....

Just hope I can get some Oil, zinc, Chromite, Graohite,
Mr. Cornwall
As stated in the ships instruction your bounty will be based on the same products carried by the trains and since trains don't carry Chromite or Graphite, you won't be getting any unless later down the line they add it. I wish they would add it to trains and ships because I am very short of both. You should get Crude oil and Zinc tho because they are part of the existing supplies that come in certain train cars.
Old Dec 22 2016, 03:29 PM
Account Not Linked

Quoting the release notes: A fully Prepared Ship carrying the 10 containers, which also completes the full voyage throughout the 30 Ports, will bring the same amount of Products as a fully loaded Train that includes all the Freight Cars.

The notes say the same amount of products but do not say the products are the same. I'm hopeful that the ships will carry a couple of products I need that are not currently available with a freight train car.

Currently there are 19 freight train cars so I think each ship container will carry a greater variety of products. (stating the obvious here).

I have enjoyed the discussion about the ships - it's made me go back and reread the notes a few times. Feeling prepared with some possible strategies.

Last edited by ftjill; Dec 22 2016 at 03:31 PM. Reason: spelling
Old Dec 22 2016, 03:30 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Keef

- Cargo Ships will be released sometime next week.

this was posted over a week ago and it is now Friday here in Australia and Christmas is only 2 days away, will we get them before then I wonder
Old Dec 22 2016, 06:38 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keef View Post
- Cargo Ships will be released sometime next week.

this was posted over a week ago and it is now Friday here in Australia and Christmas is only 2 days away, will we get them before then I wonder
Hi Keef,
The note for a week was posted on the 15th of December in the U.S. The current day here in the U.S. is the 22nd, so it is just today 1 week. Even with that said , the estimated times for items to be release are just that, an estimate. They do want to make as sure as they can that everything will work.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Dec 22 2016, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftjill View Post
Quoting the release notes: A fully Prepared Ship carrying the 10 containers, which also completes the full voyage throughout the 30 Ports, will bring the same amount of Products as a fully loaded Train that includes all the Freight Cars.

The notes say the same amount of products but do not say the products are the same. I'm hopeful that the ships will carry a couple of products I need that are not currently available with a freight train car.

Currently there are 19 freight train cars so I think each ship container will carry a greater variety of products. (stating the obvious here).

I have enjoyed the discussion about the ships - it's made me go back and reread the notes a few times. Feeling prepared with some possible strategies.
I absolutely love your comment "(stating the obvious here)". To be obvious, you would have to be looking at the contents of the containers. I HAVE seen the contents of the containers. When they first started getting ready for the startup at the end of last month, I happened to run across all ten different colored containers in the store. There were for zero coin cost , but you couldn't buy any. However they did have the "?" in the corner so I opened each one hoping for new content. NOTHING!! I was disappointed. But I did study each one and the way they are getting the (Train) products from 19 cars was by merging the products. A few hours later the containers were hidden or removed from the store. I wish I had the forethought to take a pic of contents from each container, but I didn't. The one that effects me the most is contents of Quarry car (copper ore, zinc ore, etc...) and from the Hopper car (gold, silver, quartz,...etc). They combined the products from those two train cars into one color of the containers. Nothing new was there. I believe the lumber and the logs were combined and so on. We should know I am guessing AFTER Christmas because I have supported software before and NO WAY would I start a complex project like this knowing there will be problems to deal with and a staff that wants to open present with their kids. I can wait....
Old Dec 22 2016, 08:16 PM

I think Raul will do whatever he can to have the Cargo ships here for Christmas. Perhaps even tonight.

In the meantime, I wish all the Devs, the Mods, and fellow Farm Towners....

M E R R Y

C H R I S T M A S
Old Dec 22 2016, 08:39 PM
Account Not Linked

That's interesting mcdaddie. Looks like you lucked out with a sneak preview. Thanks for giving us a 'heads up' - I look forward to checking out the containers when the ships arrive.