Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Jul 20 2011, 09:56 PM
Account Not Linked

Default facebook credits

I have contaced the tech support because I have 140 facebook credits, however when I try to buy farmtown cash it doesn't do anything when I hit the agree button and facebook credits???????????????????? What is going on I bought facebook credits specifically to buy farmtown cash and I am not getting any answers at all. jmorris24@verizon.net
Old Jul 20 2011, 10:30 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkatterbrainKid View Post
Under the old system, if you took advantage of one of Farm Town's marketing partner's offer (i.e. buy ink online, buy shoes, get a credit card, etc.), Farm Town TOLD you upfront how much in Farm Cash that would buy you. And you as a Farmer knew how much Farm Cash you needed to get that new Facility or Power Tool you needed to stay current or competitive.

Under the NEW system, you are not told in the offer from the marketing partner how much Farm Cash you will earn. You are told how many Face Book credits it will earn you. And for the uninitiated, there is an inclination to just assume that one Face Book credit will equal $1 in Farm Cash.

But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

There is a new CONVERSION ratio of Face Book Credits to Farm Cash which is not 1 to 1. And you are not TOLD what that conversion ratio is when you are offered the "deal" from the marketing partner to earn Face Book credits.

BUYER BEWARE

I' just spent $30 on a marketing partner "deal" that earned me 140 in Face Book credits. Then I discovered that because Farm Cash is sold only in blocks, the most I could use from my new cache of 140 Face Book credits was 99 credits which would get me $55 in Farm Cash, leaving me with 41 in remaining Face Book credits. But I can't used those 41 to buy more Farm Cash until I earn more Face Book credits to get to the first block purchase option. I would have gotten over twice as much in Farm Cash had I just purchased it outright versus spending money on a partner offer that I really did not need, at least at this moment.

Isn't this just a clever way for Farm Town to get Farmers to buy more things via manipulation of this Face Book to Farm Cash conversion ratio (that is not disclosed upfront at the purchase point) as well as a way to peddle the marketing partner's merchandise in ways that Farmer might not otherwise buy them? And by forcing Farmers to purchase blocks of Farm Cash versus individual increments, isn't this a ploy to get Farmers to spend their residual Face Book credits on other Face Book connected games or "deals"?

Do you feel ripped off by this new system?
Yea.. the problem is that it was NOT farmtown that made the change... Facebook forced farmtown that all credits must go through Facebook. ..

maybe farmtown will tell us that 1 FC= FB$ ?????
Old Jul 20 2011, 10:36 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearly65 View Post
I have contaced the tech support because I have 140 facebook credits, however when I try to buy farmtown cash it doesn't do anything when I hit the agree button and facebook credits???????????????????? What is going on I bought facebook credits specifically to buy farmtown cash and I am not getting any answers at all. jmorris24@verizon.net
It can take a while for them to answer your ticket, depending on how many tickets they have and that can be as much as a couple weeks for them to get back to you.
Did you happen to block trialpay.com from cookies? I made that mistake the first time I tried to purchase and had to go back and correct that. If you are using Internet Explorer then go to Tools/Options and select privacy tab. On that tab select Sites and look in list to make sure trialpay.com is not listed as blocked. If it is remove that from the list. Then type in trialpay.com at the top and select Allow.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jul 21 2011, 10:13 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to SkatterbrainKid
Default Headless Horseman -- No Support in Sight

Are you saying that it takes the Farm Town Support group two weeks to respond to requests for assistance? Or the Facebook Support group that amount of time?

And where can one even get in touch with the Facebook Support people? They have a Help area with no ways listed for contacting them for support.

I purchased ink online through one of the marketing partners of either Farm Town or Facebook and was supposed to receive 140 Facebook credits but have received NOTHING...and had ZERO RESPONSE from the Support Group at Farm Town / Slashkey.

This system is not working! No accountability. No response to customer inquiries. Promises, Promises, Promises but NO ACTION...except to make you bogus offers they won't follow through on when you comply with all their requirements, send them money as required, and they just ignore you.

This "partnership" between Farm Town / Slashkey and Facebook is looking more and more like the "Headless Horseman."

BUYER BEWARE.

Customer Service and Support is Not Paying Attention
Old Jul 21 2011, 12:27 PM

Unhappy farmtown $

As a very regular play of the game i think it would be a good intensive to players if you could award $ for farmers that play on a regular basis OR if they complete tasks. I am now stuck on $59 with no hope of additional $ until you add more levels. You are adding new facilities all the time and feel like i am being left behind the game play because i can not increase my $.
Old Jul 21 2011, 02:03 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkatterbrainKid View Post
Are you saying that it takes the Farm Town Support group two weeks to respond to requests for assistance? Or the Facebook Support group that amount of time?

And where can one even get in touch with the Facebook Support people? They have a Help area with no ways listed for contacting them for support.

I purchased ink online through one of the marketing partners of either Farm Town or Facebook and was supposed to receive 140 Facebook credits but have received NOTHING...and had ZERO RESPONSE from the Support Group at Farm Town / Slashkey.

This system is not working! No accountability. No response to customer inquiries. Promises, Promises, Promises but NO ACTION...except to make you bogus offers they won't follow through on when you comply with all their requirements, send them money as required, and they just ignore you.

This "partnership" between Farm Town / Slashkey and Facebook is looking more and more like the "Headless Horseman."

BUYER BEWARE.

Customer Service and Support is Not Paying Attention
I am saying Farmtown Support can take two weeks. That is not say it will but that it can be depending on how many tickets they have.

As far as Facebook answering you I have no idea how long they can take. I just checked and there is a Help in the Earn Credits part (where you found the ink purchase). When you click on Help there is a Check Your Offer Status with a link to that page. According to their text you can contact them about problems from that page as well. My guess is this is a contact to TrialPay which is the company that handles all of Facebooks credits transactions. This would be the "replacement" for Super Rewards that Farmtown was using before this change.

Facebook support itself is very well hidden in their help section I know as we have a problem with Paypal for my wife. It took me a couple hours digging to find a form I could have her send to Facebook about the problem. That was 3 weeks ago and so far no word from them.

Unfortunately as I said before Slashkey had no choice in this as is the case for every game on Facebook. My guess is that your support ticket to Slashkey was probably forwarded to Facebook as they have no control over any of those transactions.

I feel your pain, but you are complaining to/about the wrong people. This is not a partnership between the parties but a dictatorship by Facebook. The players of all the App and Games on Facebook are the ones who seem to have to suffer.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jul 21 2011, 02:16 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdoe View Post
Yea.. the problem is that it was NOT farmtown that made the change... Facebook forced farmtown that all credits must go through Facebook. ..

maybe farmtown will tell us that 1 FC= FB$ ?????
I agree that the Buy Cash page needs to be changed. Instead of showing dollar values they need to change it the how many credits it costs for X amount of FC. Keep in mind it is not a set amount of exchange. If you buy 25 FC then you pay 49 FBC or 1.96 FBC for 1 FC. If you buy 250 FC then it is 1.6 FBC per 1 FC. In other words the more you buy the less FBC it costs per FC.
Old Jul 21 2011, 03:21 PM
Account Not Linked

Facebook messed things up for us players buying the farmcash, that is all that I can say about it. I can't use my mobile phone to buy farmcash anymore because Beglium isn't in their list. It is not because I live in a small country that I don't count.
And I'm still upset about those 10 euro's sitting in my click and buy account and I can't do anything with that because facebook doesn't use that either.
Still not a happy camper
Old Jul 21 2011, 03:37 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel70 View Post
Facebook messed things up for us players buying the farmcash, that is all that I can say about it. I can't use my mobile phone to buy farmcash anymore because Beglium isn't in their list. It is not because I live in a small country that I don't count.
And I'm still upset about those 10 euro's sitting in my click and buy account and I can't do anything with that because facebook doesn't use that either.
Still not a happy camper
Angel I am confused. If I go to Credit balance under Account in Facebook, choose mobile phone as my option a box shows up under that with country list and I see Belguim in that list.
Old Jul 21 2011, 03:42 PM
Account Not Linked

No it is not Taz and now I'm confused because it is really not in my list. That is so weird.