Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Nov 06 2010, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Goat View Post
...... waiting.......waiting....waiting....
pouting, no update yet. sniff sniff sniff.....i need my update fix. lol
Old Nov 06 2010, 10:13 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Agreed! I was soooo sure there was going to be an update this weekend!

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Nov 07 2010, 12:08 AM

I am bummed. I spent alot of coin purchasing the petrochemical plant not realizing I must have the oil refinery-farm cash that I don't have. Unfortunately there is no way to know what a facility needs BEFORE you purchase it unless you happen to see it here on the forum. Seems like it would help to be able to click on the purchase and see what it needs before you choose to buy. Now I have this factory in my storage since I have no way to make it work.
Old Nov 07 2010, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffanytwirl View Post
I am bummed. I spent alot of coin purchasing the petrochemical plant not realizing I must have the oil refinery-farm cash that I don't have. Unfortunately there is no way to know what a facility needs BEFORE you purchase it unless you happen to see it here on the forum. Seems like it would help to be able to click on the purchase and see what it needs before you choose to buy. Now I have this factory in my storage since I have no way to make it work.
so where do you get your fuel for farming .........if u place the oil pumps (coin) and save up for the oil refinery (f/c) ...... the oil refinery and the manure spreader are the 2 things that i would rank at the top of the list to advise people to have .......and had you looked at the question mark in the facilitys tab in the store it would have told you that u needed petrochem drums

i am not a moderator ...just someone who likes to help out where i can

Proudly Farming Since May 2009
Old Nov 07 2010, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffanytwirl View Post
Hi, when you go to the store to purchase an item (such as the Petrolchemical plant) there is a green box in the right hand corner if you click on it, it explains what the items does and what you need.
Old Nov 07 2010, 01:54 AM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlgray View Post
I tried to send the Thanksgiving mailbox to my neighbors today and got a message that "this gift is locked." Why on earth would that be the case? I am at the highest level; don't know what's going on with these Thanksgiving items. There seem to be a lot of glitches.
The same message appeared yesterday when I tried to send one of the TG issue autumn trees to a neighbor as a gift.
Old Nov 07 2010, 01:56 AM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlgray View Post
Thanks, it worked tonight - the 2nd time I went to the gifts page. The first time there weren't any Thanksgiving items shown at all! Now if I could just buy some Thanksgiving items - they still disappear when I try to buy them. I don't dare try to place any of my Thanksgiving gifts because I'm sure they will disappear too, like my autumn tree did last night. I've never had trouble like this with Farm Town before (lucky me, I guess - LOL).
None of the TG items I bought or was gifted have disappeared when I placed them on my farms -- so far
Old Nov 07 2010, 02:02 AM

Level:
XP:

Agree, Starbound. Since this is an internationally played game and from just the number of Canadians and Australians, English, Scots and Norwegians and others from various parts of the world here at the Forum (surely only a small percentage of all FT participants) in those countries, it seems only reasonable and logical that Slashkey provide items reflective of their cultures and holidays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbound View Post
The fact is, that I sell all seasonal items right after is done. It takes long enough to load all the items in storage as it is. At level 135 and owning all facilities, I not even able to keep my Non Ingredients as I get warnings that I have to sell or loose them. Every day I have to sell immediately after I collect all facilities.

I would think that enough Canadians play the game to consider starting the Thanksgiving options just a little earlier. Seriously, how many Canadians spend "real" cash in the game? Thanks, but I am not satisfied with just last year's stuff eh?

Ok, 'nuff ranting.
Just a little shake for developer to think about, after all, this is about money.

Starbound
Old Nov 07 2010, 02:10 AM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by driverdave View Post
so where do you get your fuel for farming .........if u place the oil pumps (coin) and save up for the oil refinery (f/c) ...... the oil refinery and the manure spreader are the 2 things that i would rank at the top of the list to advise people to have .......and had you looked at the question mark in the facilitys tab in the store it would have told you that u needed petrochem drums
The oil rigs and refinery aren't required to get fuel for farming. We earn that by playing the game, by having FT Neighbors and by helping when we receive requests to do so (the popup during game play). True, players who have oil rigs and refineries can produce additional fuel to use and/or sell; but it isn't necessary. Nor is the manure spreader necessary even though it douse double production per plot. Personally, I chose to have the manure spreader, but not the oil rigs and refinery (may down the road some time).
And, just by the way, isn't ethanol a biofuel, not produced from crude oil, but from plants? I need to look that up....
Old Nov 07 2010, 02:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueW170 View Post
The oil rigs and refinery aren't required to get fuel for farming. We earn that by playing the game, by having FT Neighbors and by helping when we receive requests to do so (the popup during game play). True, players who have oil rigs and refineries can produce additional fuel to use and/or sell; but it isn't necessary. Nor is the manure spreader necessary even though it douse double production per plot. Personally, I chose to have the manure spreader, but not the oil rigs and refinery (may down the road some time).
And, just by the way, isn't ethanol a biofuel, not produced from crude oil, but from plants? I need to look that up....
if you want to make the money to buy trhe full expansions u need the manure spreader......not to mention the ever increasing amount of wheat we need to make flour and the flow on from double yield in the facilities to allow for increased production which gives increased exp return and increased end product production sale to the markets

i am not a moderator ...just someone who likes to help out where i can

Proudly Farming Since May 2009

Last edited by driverdave; Nov 07 2010 at 02:43 AM.
Closed Thread