Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Feb 15 2019, 05:57 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana1971 View Post
My farm town doesn't notify me when I have pending gift requests...what can I do to solve this?
Hi Dana,

Find the FT bookmark in the left side of Facebook and click the grey dots to the right of it to Edit Settings. Check you have yes for Send notifications.

Go to your Facebook settings > Notifications> App requests and activity and click the edit there, search for FT and see if they are on there.

The only other place i can think of is to check in FB settings > Blocking > Block App Invites and see if any of your farming friends are listed there.

Other than showing them on My Requests when you have the game loaded, the only other place i see them is in the right pane of Facebook where it tends to show you all requests for all the games you play. However that tends not to be accurate when it comes to how many gifts you actually have.

If all of those are fine then i do not know why you are not getting notifications. Could you have any extension added to your browser that might block them. The only way to check that would be to disable it for a while and see if you get any notifications with it disabled.
Old Feb 15 2019, 06:47 AM

I keep trying to sell tomatoes to my neighbor, but she keeps getting "sorry this offer has been taken by another farmer!" when I have not MADE the offer to another farmer.

Clear FT Cache
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

Adobe Flash Player Settings Manager (2nd tab from the right to delete all sites)
http://www.macromedia.com/support/do...manager07.html

Friends don't let friends boot from hard drives!
Old Feb 15 2019, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qivis View Post
I keep trying to sell tomatoes to my neighbor, but she keeps getting "sorry this offer has been taken by another farmer!" when I have not MADE the offer to another farmer.
Hi Qivis,

I have just tried this with a neighbour and had no problems.

Is she sure it was your offer she saw on the screen and not another offer like the super facilites products?

If it's not that all i can suggest is you both reload and try again.
Old Feb 15 2019, 07:32 AM

Good Morning Forum,
I hate to bother ya'll again, but I'm still having the problem with sending gifts first thing in the morning when I first get on Farm Town...it doesn't first show up to send gifts, it just goes straight to my farms...after I play for awhile and get off and get back on then it will show up. Also, it's not saving my Farmtown data after I plant crops, trees, or flowers, I have to click the save button each time. I know it's really a bother to have us always letting you know about problems..but I thought you might be able to check it out. Thank you for your help.
Old Feb 15 2019, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Laybourne View Post
Hi Qivis,

I have just tried this with a neighbour and had no problems.

Is she sure it was your offer she saw on the screen and not another offer like the super facilites products?

If it's not that all i can suggest is you both reload and try again.
Yes, because she is an account which I have control of because my friend on the other side of the world gave me her account details before she quit playing. So I have continued farming as her and we were on the same screen. And yeah, I tried refreshing both as well as clearing the Farm Town cache for both.

Clear FT Cache
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

Adobe Flash Player Settings Manager (2nd tab from the right to delete all sites)
http://www.macromedia.com/support/do...manager07.html

Friends don't let friends boot from hard drives!
Old Feb 15 2019, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhondacathey View Post
Good Morning Forum,
I hate to bother ya'll again, but I'm still having the problem with sending gifts first thing in the morning when I first get on Farm Town...it doesn't first show up to send gifts, it just goes straight to my farms...after I play for awhile and get off and get back on then it will show up. Also, it's not saving my Farmtown data after I plant crops, trees, or flowers, I have to click the save button each time. I know it's really a bother to have us always letting you know about problems..but I thought you might be able to check it out. Thank you for your help.
Hi rhondacathey,

You last reported you were getting an error message when trying to gift, do you still have that?

How long a break from the game did you take overnight? If it wasn't very long them you would not always get sent to the send gifts page first. I am not sure of the exact time you would need, it might only be 8hrs. I know i get mine after 10 hours.

How are you getting to your game? Is it from the Facebook bookmark in the left pane of Facebook news feed? If you are trying to load from a saved bookmark in your browser and that was a link to your farm not a generic link, then it would take you directly to the farm not to gifts.

For your saving issue, it could simply be a slowdown in any one or more of the many connections needed to get to the game. There is no way to monitor or test all of those, you would have to wait for whoever owned the link with the issue to see it and resolve it.

There are things you can try to make sure everything is working as well as it can be, but this won't solve the problem if there is an issue with one of the links. Click on the following link and try the suggestions there and also check the links in that post as well. There are some server tests you can run to test your connection to some servers. Here's the link >>
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=352666
Old Feb 15 2019, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Yes, because she is an account which I have control of because my friend on the other side of the world gave me her account details before she quit playing. So I have continued farming as her and we were on the same screen. And yeah, I tried refreshing both as well as clearing the Farm Town cache for both.
Hi Qivis,

Are you having any problems selling to anyone else? A stranger or another neighbour that will communicate with you what they are seeing?

We have tested this with several farmers in several different ways and can not reproduce it. The only thing we didn't test for is if the seller only had gifted tomatoes to sell. There is a restriction on using those to sell to friends co-ops. That might also carry through to the normal selling process. I think you can only sell the regular and large boxes. Could that have been the problem?

If it's not that and you can reproduce it, especially every time, i suggest you report this to support.

Last edited by Tiger; Feb 15 2019 at 08:39 AM.
Old Feb 15 2019, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Hi Qivis,

I found a farmer willing to test another scenario with me. I was able to reproduce what you had, if the seller only had gifted crops in storage. If they tried to sell me those then i got the same message your other account did. As gifts can not be used to sell for co-ops it doesn't surprise me that you can not sell them the normal way either. Could that have been your problem?
Old Feb 15 2019, 12:51 PM

Hi Tiger,
I usually am off Farmtown by 8:00pm and get back on Farm Town around 5:00 am or 6:00am. I always clear my cache and history every night..I also have a gift giving machine..the 1st one..so I should not be having any problems on that part. As for the saving data, I don't understand that either...I wait for a minute or so and when it doesn't show it's saving I click the save data button. I use to never have to do that.
Old Feb 15 2019, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhondacathey View Post
Hi Tiger,
I usually am off Farmtown by 8:00pm and get back on Farm Town around 5:00 am or 6:00am. I always clear my cache and history every night..I also have a gift giving machine..the 1st one..so I should not be having any problems on that part. As for the saving data, I don't understand that either...I wait for a minute or so and when it doesn't show it's saving I click the save data button. I use to never have to do that.
Hi rhondacathey,

The gifting machines have nothing to do with the gift page not loading first the following day. They just allow you to send gifts more often then it's up to you to go to the gift page when the time comes. If you've only just managed an 8 hour break maybe it's not quite enough. I don't see it as a big problem as you can easily get to the gift page yourself.

I've tried planting hundreds of trees and flowers to see if i could reproduce your saving problem and the save counter is clearing for me. If you are planting a considerable amount it will take some time before it clears.

If you've tried all that was in the posts i sent you too and the server tests came back ok then it may be a slowdown in a connection we can not test for. If that's the case, I'm sorry but all you or anyone who has this problem can do is is wait it out.

Tags
can't accept gifts, can't exchange, can't receive gifts, can't send gifts, exchange gifts, gift, gift box, gift errors, gifts, gifts not showing up, how many gifts, not able to receive gifts, receive gifts, receiving gifts, returning gifts, send gifts, sending gifts, shrinking window, stuck gifts, unable to receive gifts, window narrows