Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Jul 31 2011, 08:09 PM

Smile

I can't believe this...only yesterday I was asking for a way to tell how much you had in storage of different items, without having to go through the whole list in storage!!

This was sooner said than done!! You have made me happy as a clam!!

Old Jul 31 2011, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahra01 View Post
Im not sure myself Docperk to be honest with you.. I could only guess you can check these.. did you go to the PayPal site itself? I just find it bizzare that you dont need to sign in! As soon as I want to buy an item for cash and the box comes up to ask how much I want.. I click on the one for example.. 55 farm cash.. then it asks me how I want to pay, so I click on PayPal.. and it takes me to the sign in page straight away. My email sign in field has my email in it.. but the password field is blank and I have to type it in every time, with out fail.. thats why I assumed it had something to do with settings in PayPal. I really hope you can find out something, or change something, as it must be such a concern! Good luck!
Well it looks like it is more of a FB problem. I looked all over the PayPal site and and only thing I could find was and option to remove my email address but since I only had one email address it would not let me do that. I I found in FB account settings that a place in Account Settings where it would be feeding my email address once again it would not allow me to remove it. I started looking at the help and got a in a loop of going through an option to fill out a form for help which just takes me back to the Q&A page. I never had this problem until we switched to FB credits. I guess I will keep looking.

thanks
Old Jul 31 2011, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Kahra, how many times have you bought Farm Cash since the change to having to buy credits? Also is the email address you use for Paypal one of the email addresses you have registered with Facebook to use?
I can't find Docperks original post, but the same thing just happened to me, I clicked on purchase $250 farm cash for $39.90 I said yes and it happened instantly, no sign in required. Seems odd since this is the second time I purchased Farmcash since the credits thing took effect. The first time I did have to sign in like always. This time somehow it just did it. Not sure I like this. Going to follow the suggestion and check account setting. But...wanted to leyt you know it's happening to others as well.

Fritz
Old Jul 31 2011, 08:36 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Kahra, how many times have you bought Farm Cash since the change to having to buy credits? Also is the email address you use for Paypal one of the email addresses you have registered with Facebook to use?
Yes I have purchased quite a few times since the change Taz, and luckily I still have to sign in each time, which Im more than happy with! The email addy I use for PP is the alternative email I use for FB. I have noticed though that when I purchased stuff for my daughters account, I add my details to her account in the account tab.. do the purchase, then I deleted the details, as SeaJay just suggested. When I click to purchase FC through the FT buy credits tab, it just takes me straight to PP and I do it from there and I have no problem. I have no details entered in my FB account for purchases. I find it all confusing to be honest.. but at the end of the day.. even with the change over, I still buy through the FT buy credits tab, it takes me to PP and I purchase as I always have so its like nothing has changed for me.. it only changes if I want to buy FC for my husband or daughters farm.. then i have to do it through their FB accounts as my credit card is not registered to them through PP which is the only one I use for purchasing. LMAO.. clear as mud? coz it sure confuses me at times lol
Old Jul 31 2011, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaJay View Post
My suggestion is to go to FB Accounts tab...click on credits and under payments method, click manage..then remove pay pal from the box so that when you go to purchase credits they will have to ask you all this info...be sure to look for something that says "Do you want FB to store this info" or something like that. It may not be there. I'm just guessing from experience with other types of things like this.
I was just trying that and it does not allow me do it.
Old Jul 31 2011, 08:48 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fritz View Post
I can't find Docperks original post, but the same thing just happened to me, I clicked on purchase $250 farm cash for $39.90 I said yes and it happened instantly, no sign in required. Seems odd since this is the second time I purchased Farmcash since the credits thing took effect. The first time I did have to sign in like always. This time somehow it just did it. Not sure I like this. Going to follow the suggestion and check account setting. But...wanted to leyt you know it's happening to others as well.

Fritz
Yikes Fritz, you are busy lol. I know Slashkey had to change everything to comply with FB rules but gee.. it worked perfectly when S/key were the organisers of it.. hand it over to FB and look what happens!

Docperks... This procedure just really worries me. My brother once worked in the Fraud team at a major bank here so Im always on the back foot when it comes to something like this so I really do feel ur concern. I understand everyone's concerns about FB having your credit card details and really having no control over its security.. ie : not having to enter a password each time to authorise a transaction and it seems ur not the only one its happening to! If it was managable for unscrupulous hackers to hack into Sony computers and thousands of customers credit card details were stolen and used.. what safeguard do we have with a social networking system having our details? "shudders" lol. Taz is very cluey with these sorts of things.. hopefully he can answer some of these questions and set minds at ease. I dont purchase through FB for my FT account.. as im a lot more trusting of PayPal. I hope they never take away the option to pay through PayPal!
Old Jul 31 2011, 09:17 PM

I just tried to remove my payment method from FaceBook and it would not allow me to do the remove. NOW I AM WORRIED!! This problem needs to be taken up with FaceBook now.
Old Jul 31 2011, 09:36 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahra01 View Post
Yikes Fritz, you are busy lol. I know Slashkey had to change everything to comply with FB rules but gee.. it worked perfectly when S/key were the organisers of it.. hand it over to FB and look what happens!

Docperks... This procedure just really worries me. My brother once worked in the Fraud team at a major bank here so Im always on the back foot when it comes to something like this so I really do feel ur concern. I understand everyone's concerns about FB having your credit card details and really having no control over its security.. ie : not having to enter a password each time to authorise a transaction and it seems ur not the only one its happening to! If it was managable for unscrupulous hackers to hack into Sony computers and thousands of customers credit card details were stolen and used.. what safeguard do we have with a social networking system having our details? "shudders" lol. Taz is very cluey with these sorts of things.. hopefully he can answer some of these questions and set minds at ease. I dont purchase through FB for my FT account.. as im a lot more trusting of PayPal. I hope they never take away the option to pay through PayPal!
To clarify a couple things, when you purchase through FT Buy Cash tab you still are purchasing FB credits through Facebook and on to Paypal to complete that transaction. The only difference is you are purchasing exactly the amount of credits you need to buy the selected. I have bought both ways.
The first time I bought after July 1st, I had to sign into Paypal to complete the transaction. Since then I have not because a Pre-Approved Payment is set-up for Facebook. This has a Billing ID number that Facebook uses (not your email address and password) to bill your Paypal account. You can find this if you go to your Paypal Profile, click the More Options and then on the left side click on My Money. Bottom of the list is Preapproved Payments. Don't delete the one from Facebook as it will take a while to fix this if you do.
Keep in mind that Facebook does not have your email address and password for your Paypal. Instead they have a Billing ID that allows them to charge your account. When a transaction is completed Paypal always imediately sends you an email receipt for that transaction as a protection for you.
The only way I see around this is as said to delete (remove) Paypal from your Payment Methods in Credits Balance or through Account Settings, Payments Tab. The only problem with doing this is you will have to remove every time you make a purchase.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jul 31 2011, 09:42 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdaddie View Post
I just tried to remove my payment method from FaceBook and it would not allow me to do the remove. NOW I AM WORRIED!! This problem needs to be taken up with FaceBook now.
I just checked that too and you are right. Looks like unless you add another method then they won't let you remove a payment method if it is the only one you have listed.

Kahra you say you do not have any payment method listed with Facebook in your account?
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jul 31 2011, 10:02 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
I just checked that too and you are right. Looks like unless you add another method then they won't let you remove a payment method if it is the only one you have listed.

Kahra you say you do not have any payment method listed with Facebook in your account?
Oh thanks so much for your previous thread Taz.. i went and looked in my PalPay profile and yes Facebook Ireland is listed there as a pre autho'd thing and shows all the transactions I have made.. thanks for telling me how to do all that.. your knowledge is much appreciated

lol and yes.. in the payment tab in FB.. there is no payment method listed.. no credit card details filled in.. all fields are blank. I havent actually bought any facebook credits through that tab though.. its always been through the FT tab and PayPal when I buy credits. When I click on the tab in FT to buy credits.. it brings the box up, I click how many credits I want and then click I want to purchase through PP and it takes me to the sign in page of PayPal.. i sign in.. the page shows Ive clicked for ex amount of FC for FT, I click ok... it shows me the summary and I click ok and transaction done... then directed back to my farm and have the cash. Now that is with MY account so its like nothing has really changed from the old way ???. Like I said.. if i buy for my daughter.. i have to go through her facebook tab.. I fill in the details of my card and all that. So I just dont know how Im able to buy all the fc i do when my details arent actually listed in my facebook account tab??? Sorry to pick on you for this knowledge.. but ur the one that seems to understand it the most lol. Thanks Taz, appreciate your time on this!

Oh Taz Im so sorry for the confusion! "I had no problem doing through pal pay because I was using it for my daughters account and I did enter the details through the FB tab" lol well that was because I used the Visa Method!!.. then deleted it afterwards... where I got confused is that I actually sent premium items to my account from hers as gifts.. hence why I thought I had bought FC through PP! I recalled using PP but that was for the purpose of approving a bank account on it so I could buy items on a different card.. dur me, i thought i went in there to buy FC. my mistake. oddly Im not always this silly lmao. Guess I have to add these details now!! thanks so much for helping me x

Last edited by kahra01; Jul 31 2011 at 10:30 PM. Reason: Brain Fade moment!
Closed Thread