Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Old Sep 18 2017, 09:04 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyinlife View Post

I personally think that tons of farm cash would be much better for the ships. You would see a lot more people working them, LOL. The problem I have with ships is the people you get to unload them. There are a lot who do not do ships and ignore it when you sit there for 24 hours. I wish there was a way to just get ACTIVE PLAYERS listed. I also believe some still do not know 'how to' process ships and I think it wouldn't hurt to announce how again. I am really getting frustrated with ships. Trains are so much easier.

ONE MORE THING since I cannot post again. How long between postings by the way? I think for new products we could really use grass paths and little bubbles to enclose something someone is thinking. At least personally, I could use them. Thanks!
Hi Joyinlife,
If you can't post then please post that problem in the Help & Support forum thread about Newsfeed posts, so we can help you with that.

Try going through the Facebook Neighbor Requests posts and see if you can find some active players. Many specifically state they do the ships and are looking for neighbors that do ships. Here is a link to that thread:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=391198
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.

Last edited by Taz D; Sep 18 2017 at 09:28 PM.
Old Sep 21 2017, 01:50 AM

I haven't read every post but would like to voice my personal opinion.

I've been playing this game for years and it's only since developers released ships that I'm seriously contemplating quitting the game because so many of my FT friends with me as a FT neighbor have been overly demanding and sometimes outright rude over these ridiculous ships.

Anyway, this week I finally turned the ship feature off, again, and expect, like the last time I turned it off, to lose even more FT friends with me as a neighbor. Thus, even fewer FT friends helping me with my coop quests.

Frankly, I think ships takes away from enjoyment of FT rather than enhance the experience. And, if it's necessary to keep the game feature, I'd rather developers offer, for sale, some sort of auto feature tool so I can participate without being forced to actively participate given I work and don't sit in front of a computer accessing Facebook throughout the day.

Last edited by Amber Leigh; Sep 21 2017 at 10:06 AM.
Old Sep 21 2017, 06:10 AM

I'm not going to voice a complaint as many have already said it for me, but .......
I have a suggestion .......

Can we not have a selection window where we can choose which player we want to send our ships to ?
One that can be edited when need be.

This restriction of changing 10 is now no where near enough, and is also very time consuming for us who go to work or do other things that restrict our available online gaming time.

I like the ships, but am getting frustrated at having to sort out the ports, and apologising to those who I don't get to move on in what they class as acceptable time.
I too have been losing neighbours over this, but fortunately (on my main account) still have over 80 active neighbours.
Old Sep 21 2017, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiMo1960 View Post
I'm not going to voice a complaint as many have already said it for me, but .......
I have a suggestion .......

Can we not have a selection window where we can choose which player we want to send our ships to ?
One that can be edited when need be.

This restriction of changing 10 is now no where near enough, and is also very time consuming for us who go to work or do other things that restrict our available online gaming time.

I like the ships, but am getting frustrated at having to sort out the ports, and apologising to those who I don't get to move on in what they class as acceptable time.
I too have been losing neighbours over this, but fortunately (on my main account) still have over 80 active neighbours.
Hi NiMo1960

If you have a suggestion, please post it in our Suggestion Section where the developers can read it.

You cant start a new thread there, but you can post as a response to a thread that fits with your idea.

Here is the link to that Section:

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2
Old Sep 21 2017, 11:29 AM

I stopped preparing and sending out my own cargo ships long ago. And, that's ok ... I don't have the time to do so, but know I have neighbors that do participate with this part of the game

I sleep through the night and work during the day and it isn't at all uncommon for 8 hours to as many as 15 to lapse before I'm able to log in and, then, being forced to excessively mouse click (which, by the way we all know contributes to wrist injury) to move my neighbors' ships along.

Although, 8 to 15 hours might work for me, throughout the months I have received tens of messages, asking me to attend to ships sitting in my port. Not all such messages have been intended to be interpreted as a polite reminder.

Worst, I have come to realize that a significant number of my FT friends have dropped me as their neighbor, which, of course, negatively impacts my ability to easily participate with the coop quests part of the game.

This is a big deal because I have been a good neighbor by moving ships along, yet I'm being punished, as a player, only because of the way cargo ships has been structured to operate.

IMO, cargo ships is not at all an enhancement to my FT gaming experience --- it has been the opposite.

Please understand, I have been an active and consistent player for years, have invested hundreds of dollars into purchasing every FC tool, every FC facility, some in multiples, and before that, a good number of FC decorative items. I've never stopped or taken breaks, yet since Cargo Ships introduced, I'm contemplating quitting FT altogether.
Old Sep 21 2017, 11:42 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Leigh View Post
I stopped preparing and sending out my own cargo ships long ago. And, that's ok ... I don't have the time to do so, but know I have neighbors that do participate with this part of the game

I sleep through the night and work during the day and it isn't at all uncommon for 8 hours to as many as 15 to lapse before I'm able to log in and, then, being forced to excessively mouse click (which, by the way we all know contributes to wrist injury) to move my neighbors' ships along.

Although, 8 to 15 hours might work for me, throughout the months I have received tens of messages, asking me to attend to ships sitting in my port. Not all such messages have been intended to be interpreted as a polite reminder.

Worst, I have come to realize that a significant number of my FT friends have dropped me as their neighbor, which, of course, negatively impacts my ability to easily participate with the coop quests part of the game.

This is a big deal because I have been a good neighbor by moving ships along, yet I'm being punished, as a player, only because of the way cargo ships has been structured to operate.

IMO, cargo ships is not at all an enhancement to my FT gaming experience --- it has been the opposite.

Please understand, I have been an active and consistent player for years, have invested hundreds of dollars into purchasing every FC tool, every FC facility, some in multiples, and before that, a good number of FC decorative items. I've never stopped or taken breaks, yet since Cargo Ships introduced, I'm contemplating quitting FT altogether.
Hi Amber Leigh,
I have moved your post to the General Feedback subject thread about the Cargo Ships because this is not a suggestion.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Sep 21 2017, 01:39 PM

Well, thing is, the earlier post on this page did include a suggestion.

What I'll do is add the suggestion paragraph from my first post to the second post and re-post the full content to that to the suggestion area. I understand my post is negative about cargo ships, but at this point I'm so done with them and certain I'm not the only one feeling this way.

Last edited by Amber Leigh; Sep 21 2017 at 02:09 PM.
Old Sep 21 2017, 03:42 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Leigh View Post
Well, thing is, the earlier post on this page did include a suggestion.

What I'll do is add the suggestion paragraph from my first post to the second post and re-post the full content to that to the suggestion area. I understand my post is negative about cargo ships, but at this point I'm so done with them and certain I'm not the only one feeling this way.
Hi Amber Leigh,
The only thing you need to put in the Suggestions is the suggestion itself and not all the other you have posted about not doing the ships any more.
Old Sep 22 2017, 07:40 PM

I too have gotten unfriendly reminders about loading ships. Like a lot of people I work and don't have time to sit and load fake products on fake ships all day. I get on the game for a while when I get home and fill whatever ships are in my port then. If people can't accept that and want to drop me as a neighbor fine. I can come here and find more neighbors.

What really don't like about ships is I get very little back. I'm lucky if I get back 500 of every product I load. For all the time it takes to prepare the ship it's a waste of time for that little bit in return.

Last edited by ccheney; Sep 22 2017 at 07:45 PM.
Old Nov 04 2017, 07:07 PM

I keep getting people(Farmers) that do not do the ships and try to select someone else and still can't get farmers that do the ships and are not even on FB. I have farmers that come thru my port that never get assigned to me. I am thinking about just quit trying.