Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Feb 01 2012, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargefromTN View Post
applause.

I just don't like having to wait 20 hours when I've finished all the open quests! Wish there was a way to start a new one if all are finished.
I think you can open a new quest every 17 hours or so. You have to be at a high level tho to have more than one quest going at a time. I'm level 310 and have 3 going right now...will have four as soon as my wait time is up. I think we can have up to five if you are a higher level.
Old Feb 01 2012, 11:31 AM

Unhappy "Quests"

you can start a new 'quest' only every 20 hours (ft has 20 hour days) my levels are maxed out and i get one quest every 20 hours which i usually finish in a couple of hours : ( i think they have a lot of work to do

you can only have 3 going at once if you manage not to finish one every day -- in theory i could have 5 open at once but i can't make mine last that long!!! today's "quest" took one whole hour to complete
and they are taking production out of place to complete tasks faster tho the directions clearly state you must finish the first task before starting the next -- they don't mean it yet
Old Feb 01 2012, 11:37 AM

Default Quests??

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoreneC View Post
I like the idea of exclusive decorating items or buildings for completing quests. Since that is a lot of artwork the devs could just mix some in.

I did have some crops pre-planted but have decided against this strategy for now. For me, it made them too easy to complete and didn't take long. I am looking forward to having 2-3 quests going at the same time.
I think that is a great idea too and i am looking forward to 'quests' that require a little effort on our part
Old Feb 01 2012, 11:38 AM

Red face Quest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivienne57 View Post
I like the quests but I would prefer to get exclusive FT gifts that only players completing quests can get rather than get coins or FC. It would make the quests more exciting wondering what you would get when the quest was completed
awesome that was my idea exactly.... !!!!
Old Feb 01 2012, 12:13 PM

"I like the idea of exclusive decorating items or buildings for completing quests."
i totally agree, much better than coins or ftcash -- but first i would like a challenging quest
i am pretty sure they have my quests stuck on 'idiot' setting : (
Old Feb 01 2012, 12:24 PM

I also am loving the quests! But, I was very surprised this morning when I opened my quest it was the same one I had done two days ago. It paid out 15,000,000 so I am not complaining just surprised that I would have a repeat so fast.
Old Feb 01 2012, 12:27 PM

I have found this to be an interesting, goal-oriented addition to the game. I don't play other FB games outside of FT, so I do not have a pre-determined perception on how "quests" work in other games. However, I have found this to be interesting and I think it's great that we have the choice to pursue it or not.
I have only done one quest so far, but it was a tremendous amount of coin for such a simple procedure. Great addition overall. I like how it gives the opportunity for new goals. Since I have been playing since 2009, sometimes my only main goal is to fill every facility I have to capacity - which is challenging! But this allows for a more easily attainable yet a several step process to meet a unique challenge. Nice dynamic!
Old Feb 01 2012, 01:33 PM

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilie224 View Post
I have found this to be an interesting, goal-oriented addition to the game. I don't play other FB games outside of FT, so I do not have a pre-determined perception on how "quests" work in other games. However, I have found this to be interesting and I think it's great that we have the choice to pursue it or not.
I have only done one quest so far, but it was a tremendous amount of coin for such a simple procedure. Great addition overall. I like how it gives the opportunity for new goals. Since I have been playing since 2009, sometimes my only main goal is to fill every facility I have to capacity - which is challenging! But this allows for a more easily attainable yet a several step process to meet a unique challenge. Nice dynamic!
I also do not play any other fb games tho i have in the past,[and tho i do not know about other 'game' quests i do know the definition of quest = The act of seeking or pursuing something; a search. An expedition undertaken in medieval romance by a knight in order to perform a prescribed feat]
I too try to keep all of my facilities full and still post them for friends once or twice a week which as you say is a challenge ~~ HOWEVER ~~ i have not found this addition to be challenging or rewarding at all (i have completed 4 or 5 i think -- no record or numbering remains/which i think should be changed) of my quests, and tho all were finished in a timely manner, they have been simple and get easier every day and ARE NOT VERY REWARDING even in coins!! most of my friends have had the same problem tho i see in these posts that some people have not only recieved more coin compensation but slightly more difficult quests -- i am not sure what i could do differently as i have finished each "quest" almost immediatly
i have enjoyed ft as a friendly non-competitive game and i am normally a very laissez-faire farmer . . . but for some reason this has been very disturbing to my peace and joy
Old Feb 01 2012, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grami Mary View Post
you can start a new 'quest' only every 20 hours (ft has 20 hour days) my levels are maxed out and i get one quest every 20 hours which i usually finish in a couple of hours : ( i think they have a lot of work to do

you can only have 3 going at once if you manage not to finish one every day -- in theory i could have 5 open at once but i can't make mine last that long!!! today's "quest" took one whole hour to complete
and they are taking production out of place to complete tasks faster tho the directions clearly state you must finish the first task before starting the next -- they don't mean it yet
I've noticed with my quests....which have been to make ink and stuff.....I have to harvest beets and soy before I can make red. I also have to make black, blue and yellow ink. I have the stuff so I started red but my sunflowers and blueberries aren't ready for the blue and yellow yet. I think that's what they mean by steps.

You must have a lot of different crops in process if you can finish quests in a couple hours.....I've been planting mine as I need them. I set up small plots on one of my farms just for that.
Old Feb 01 2012, 05:51 PM

One plea I make, kind Devs: leave the Quests as they are for a while in that we must do them ourselves without teaming up or asking for assistance. I would hate to see begging coming up on our pages as it does with so many other games. If, after a time, you still decide to add to the dimensions of the Quests, let there be some way to avoid beggars, perhaps by having beggars go to the Pub to ask for help, as we go to the Marketplace to buy and sell. Thanks for listening. Happy farming!