Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Aug 02 2012, 06:51 PM

I got now. I had to unload them first :}
Old Aug 02 2012, 07:14 PM
Account Not Linked

<quote> 8. Long Freight Cars don't have facilities requirements anymore: To minimize confusion, you will now always be able to purchase any Long Freight Cars even if you don't have any facility in current farm or storage.</quote>

OK-- I am a little confused here... so now you are saying that we are NOT required to buy any facility (either coin or FC) to be able to buy the corresponding train car?

What about all the FC that we already spent on facilities to be able to unlock and purchase the other train cars? Is it still a requirement to have those specific facilities before we can buy those older train cars? I am thinking of the stone windmill for which I was required to spend my hard earned FC, as well as the fish farming plant, etc.

I hope I am just misunderstanding this.... I would hate to think that if I had just waited a bit longer to get the trains, I could have saved myself a wad of FC.

Don't misunderstand me, I love this game but if that is the case, I feel slightly hosed. OK, make that very hosed. (IF THAT IS THE CASE)

Not trying to be one of those complainers that everybody hates, so can someone please straighten this out for me?

Again, AND ONLY IF IT IS TRUE, then I think it's kinda lousy that we were required to spend some FC for something that is now unnecessary.

Please mods, tell me it ain't so!!
Old Aug 02 2012, 07:16 PM

I"m a gonna put in my two cents in about the new 1/2 click for facilities now. That is cool but I think it should stay as it is now....after all we have to do some work. I have a few in my hood that have ALOT of factories on each farm...like 70+ and quite a number more that have on average 30ish. So I am all for the 1/2 help from The Mayor but that should be all.

JMHO
Old Aug 02 2012, 07:33 PM

The new view of the chocolate factory is just gorgeous

Old Aug 02 2012, 07:37 PM

This is an awesome update! LOVE the help working neighbor facilities. I'll definitely be able to work more now and hope people will work mine more now, too.

On the trains - so we have to have one long train track on a single farm to use all the cars that are available, right? My train track is long enough, but it has a bend in it which I'd rather not have to take out - but to buy the new cars, I'll have to, right? Because we can't have a separate train on another farm and it has to be on one big, long track? Also, I just sent out my train yesterday - so I have to wait a week to move it (and change my track) before I can buy the new cars? Do I have all of this right? If so, that's a bit of a drawback but I saw the note that it will probably change in the future so I'll try to be patient.

Farmer Squeak

Farmer Susan has been happily farming since July 27, 2009.
  • Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • ♫ Oh Give Me a Home . . .
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old Aug 02 2012, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie's Jumble View Post
I"m a gonna put in my two cents in about the new 1/2 click for facilities now. That is cool but I think it should stay as it is now....after all we have to do some work. I have a few in my hood that have ALOT of factories on each farm...like 70+ and quite a number more that have on average 30ish. So I am all for the 1/2 help from The Mayor but that should be all.

JMHO
Jamie, that is well and good for those that have the time to help their neighbours but I don't. I do have a life beside Farm Town and yet I am one of the biggest fans of this game. I just don't have the time to load up farm after farm and still heaps of clicks to work facilities once I land. I am still sitting on the fence with this update. I want more information on how much I need to spend to gain help for working facilities and also, is this going to be a long winded update that we have to wait for a very long time to get the benefits of buying the freight cars to speed up working our neighbours farms . Sorry I don't seem over the moon about this update; I just don't like feeling the way I do about the game. I used to think it "Rocked".....Oh well, that is life!

Farm Town player since July 12, 2009

In real life, a true blue farmer!
Old Aug 02 2012, 07:47 PM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer_Susan View Post
This is an awesome update! LOVE the help working neighbor facilities. I'll definitely be able to work more now and hope people will work mine more now, too.

On the trains - so we have to have one long train track on a single farm to use all the cars that are available, right? My train track is long enough, but it has a bend in it which I'd rather not have to take out - but to buy the new cars, I'll have to, right? Because we can't have a separate train on another farm and it has to be on one big, long track? Also, I just sent out my train yesterday - so I have to wait a week to move it (and change my track) before I can buy the new cars? Do I have all of this right? If so, that's a bit of a drawback but I saw the note that it will probably change in the future so I'll try to be patient.
Hi there,

If you want all the cars to be dispatched at the same time then yes they do need to be all connected. That doesn't stop you buying the rest of them now if you want, you just cant connect to dispatch them till the train has returned from it's current trip.

The train doesn't have to be on tracks but if you want them to be then yes one long track will have to do.

There's no mention of exactly when the trains will be helping with the facilities , so you've got time to wait if you want.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Aug 02 2012, 07:58 PM

Love the Mayor helping with the facilities Thanks
Old Aug 02 2012, 08:06 PM

New Release -- August 2st, 2012 ??
Old Aug 02 2012, 08:56 PM
Account Not Linked

thank you for all the new updates love the all trains
Closed Thread