Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Andy,
I think you are misunderstanding the increases in production. We were getting 2 rolls per batch from 1 pine log. We now get 3 rolls per batch for the same 1 pine log. It did not mean the overall production percentage you see when looking at the facility in the facility manager.
3 rolls takes 2 pine logs, not 1.
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Sep 22 2014, 09:55 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy forrest View Post
No I fully understand those increases, perhaps I worded it wrong, I have 5 paper mills on my farms, and cannot produce any new batches of paper roll, because the max production of paper rolls has been reduced by 50% to 540 rolls over 15 days. where as it was at 1080 rolls over 15 days, I at present have 970+ rolls pending production on all 5 of my mills, I have had to buy a 6th mill to complete a task in a quest, why has this happened,
Quote:
Originally Posted by earlgray View Post
I'm puzzled by this too. I also am unable to start more production of paper roll because I already have almost twice as much in production as the 540 15-day maximum in each of the 4 mills I owned. In fact, I needed to make paper roll for a quest, and the only way I could accomplish that was to purchase an additional paper mill. I don't remember how it was before the change. All the other paper mill products except sandpaper are finished in one hour, but paper rolls are two hours. Was that changed? If so, it should be set back to one hour, otherwise it is in fact true that paper roll production has been decreased, not increased.
You are both correct. When I checked it at first for you Andy I didn't notice the time change. And Earlgrey it was only 1 log when I looked at that time. Sorry for the misinformation.The time changed from 1 hour to 2 after the release of the increases. That is why you are stuck at over production. And when you add it all up it actually does come out as a decrease instead of an increase.
We have notified the developers, so hope we hear something back today.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Sep 22 2014, 10:04 AM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
You are both correct. When I checked it at first for you Andy I didn't notice the time change. And Earlgrey it was only 1 log when I looked at that time. Sorry for the misinformation.The time changed from 1 hour to 2 after the release of the increases. That is why you are stuck at over production. And when you add it all up it actually does come out as a decrease instead of an increase.
Thank you, Taz!
Visit 's Farm

Old Sep 22 2014, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Actually, it results in a 50% increase in production.

Before, 1 roll was produced every 1 hour for a total of 24 rolls per day.

Now, 3 rolls are produced every 2 hours for a total of 36 rolls per day.

This information is based on my August spreadsheet.

I'm not sure how the over production occurred.

Koji

PS While I like the increases, I would have liked to have seen more for the Textile products. I can only reduce my Textile and Spinning Mills from 20 to 9.

Last edited by KojiOrphen; Sep 22 2014 at 10:40 AM.
Old Sep 22 2014, 10:41 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KojiOrphen View Post
Actually, it results in a 50% increase in production.

Before, 1 roll was produced ever 1 hour for a total of 24 rolls per day.

Now, 3 rolls are produced every 2 hours for a total of 36 rolls per day.

This information is based on my August spreadsheet.

I'm not sure how the over production occurred.

Koji
Hi Koji,
The production before was 2 rolls every hour previously not 1. From 2 rolls up to 3 rolls would be a 50% increase as stated in the release notes. Houever, the change to 2 hours negated that. If it had gone from 1 rollup to 3 then Raul would have said it was a 200% increase.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Sep 22 2014, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Hi Koji,
The production before was 2 rolls every hour previously not 1. From 2 rolls up to 3 rolls would be a 50% increase as stated in the release notes. Houever, the change to 2 hours negated that. If it had gone from 1 rollup to 3 then Raul would have said it was a 200% increase.
Humm, I must have missed an increase some where along the line. I went back to August, 2012 and I still see the production as 24 rolls per day.

As I said, my information is based on my spreadsheet.

Koji
Old Sep 22 2014, 11:16 AM

Perhaps the Developers are thinking more of us would purchase the train cars that produce paper rolls, lumber piles and the like. I've not done an analysis on cost of producing each of the items these cars load nor the comparison of time per product to deliver each of the above. Anyone done this would you please share here?
Old Sep 22 2014, 12:24 PM
Senior Moderator

Ok Guys and gals, we have the answer from Raul.
The previous production was only 1 roll per hour (you were correct Koji) consuming 1 pine log per batch for 360 in a 15 day fill.
Now it is 3 rolls in 2 hours consuming 2 pine logs per batch for 540 in a 15 day fill. That is a 50% increase as stated in the release notes.
For those of you who ended up with more production that you should have had, this was caused because you already had some batches in production and when you filled it increased to over 100%. This should go down and be normal as you post your facilities and they are worked or you let them produce out for the 15 days. If this doesn't go down please let us know.
Sorry for all the confusion and hopefully this will straighten it self out.
Old Sep 22 2014, 04:32 PM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Ok Guys and gals, we have the answer from Raul.
The previous production was only 1 roll per hour (you were correct Koji) consuming 1 pine log per batch for 360 in a 15 day fill.
Now it is 3 rolls in 2 hours consuming 2 pine logs per batch for 540 in a 15 day fill. That is a 50% increase as stated in the release notes.
For those of you who ended up with more production that you should have had, this was caused because you already had some batches in production and when you filled it increased to over 100%. This should go down and be normal as you post your facilities and they are worked or you let them produce out for the 15 days. If this doesn't go down please let us know.
Sorry for all the confusion and hopefully this will straighten it self out.
OK, thanks, that all makes sense. Only problem was the necessity of buying another paper mill in order to be able to complete the quest in time, as I don't think it would have gone down enough before the deadline. But I can live with that. At least it was a coins facility and not FC.
Visit 's Farm

Old Sep 23 2014, 03:06 PM

hi

Just a thought ......... the developers were to add chicken, red meat to the refrigerated train car ......... you will sell alot more trains ......
Closed Thread