Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jun 14 2010, 07:27 PM

Default Grumpy Farmer Town

[quote=Maybe we need a new app called Grumpy Farmer Town and the gripers can go play there. [/QUOTE]

Love this!!!
Old Jun 14 2010, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmTownNewbie View Post
One smart momma! These complaints crack me up. Do people really think that game developers should do it all for free? Hey, I'm happy to blow $4.99 once in a while to get something cool. But all the freebees are equally as cool. Enjoy the fruits of their labors!

I go outside to my real farm and bust b*tt all day pulling weeds, tilling, planting, harvesting, killing slugs and aphids, throwing out cucumber and squash vines that succumbed to rain rot thanks to the worst spring in history, spraying soap on the tomato flea beetles, etc. etc. ad infinitum.

Then in the evening, I park my laptop on my lap and play on my beautiful, lush, money-making farms on Farm Town where my neighbors come over and help and the sun always shines.

Maybe we need a new app called Grumpy Farmer Town and the gripers can go play there.
Great idea ! Instead of the Inn they could have a Whinery (sorry - couldn't help myself)
Old Jun 14 2010, 10:06 PM
Account Not Linked

may chickens and shoop barns are 100% but will not let me do them
Old Jun 14 2010, 10:10 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by BjShell View Post
may chickens and shoop barns are 100% but will not let me do them
You have to have the animals that belong with those buildings. You need sheep (and/or llamas) and hens(and/or geese) for them to work and the buildings have to be on the same farm as the animal.
Old Jun 15 2010, 01:33 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Thinking that free FT Cash and every facility, crop, decoration, etc. should be given to us by SlashKey is "entitlement thinking." I agree with you on that point.
However asking for an explanation isn't. It's been pointed out that this is a BETA program. As such, we, the players, are in effect testers. So asking a question and requesting clarification isn't asking to be "given" something for free. Who knows? There are doubtless at least a few highly qualified computer programmers among the FT game participants and with more information, it's even possible that one or more of them could be of practical assistance to the developers.
Using terms such as "justice" and "transparency" may go over the line, this being just a game and one that we choose to play or not play. But requesting information? That in itself doesn't seem out of line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toranut97 View Post
ENTITLEMENT. No need to look it up in the dictionary. The definition is HERE on this forum.

The devs OWE US NOTHING.

They do not owe us Farm Cash. They do not owe us explanations. They owe us zip, nil, zilch nada, besides making the game as nice as it can be for free, and I personally believe they have done that quite well.

They have provided a game that can be played perfectly well with limitations for free. But which can still be played *quite* satisfactorily for free.

For those who are able and can financially support this enterprise, there are options that can be enjoyed. But they are hardly necessities. Need I remind everyone this is a game????

I wish the exaggerated demands for justice and transparency on this forum could be applied with equal vehemence to social justice causes!!!! LOL! The world would be turned upside down!

Thanks devs. I have been at this game for a lonnngggg time.... and really appreciate how far it has come.
Old Jun 15 2010, 04:12 AM

I wonder if adding levels really helps much in the long run; the same people will continue to run out of levels and complain again. I'm more interested in buying and selling and arranging the farm than I am in leveling up. The levels were fun early on, but I'd rather see more items in the shops to buy for the farms for functional and decorative use. Maybe some activities like quizzes, word games, etc. And perhaps the ability to enter buildings, sort of like Yoville with a farm theme?
Old Jun 15 2010, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony D View Post
Great idea ! Instead of the Inn they could have a Whinery (sorry - couldn't help myself)
LOL..... I should never read this forum when I have a glass of red in my hand!!! Splutter splutter!

Farm Town player since July 12, 2009

In real life, a true blue farmer!
Old Jun 15 2010, 07:41 AM

Default Entitlement revisited

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueW170 View Post
Thinking that free FT Cash and every facility, crop, decoration, etc. should be given to us by SlashKey is "entitlement thinking." I agree with you on that point.
However asking for an explanation isn't. It's been pointed out that this is a BETA program. As such, we, the players, are in effect testers. So asking a question and requesting clarification isn't asking to be "given" something for free. Who knows? There are doubtless at least a few highly qualified computer programmers among the FT game participants and with more information, it's even possible that one or more of them could be of practical assistance to the developers.
Using terms such as "justice" and "transparency" may go over the line, this being just a game and one that we choose to play or not play. But requesting information? That in itself doesn't seem out of line.
You want information? -- then try corresponding privately with the developers. The OP wanted to offer his/her assistance with the "problem" -- sounds like something with no place in this thread. You want a job? Contact Slashkey and apply. Add to that the petulant, whiny and demanding tone that was taken (basically "I want an answer and I want it NOW!" Then, a day later, "Hey! Where is my answer??? You OWE ME an answer!") and I believe you are seeing a reflection of an entitlement attitude.

It may be Beta but the devs owe us no insights into their game development process nor the behind-the-scenes programming details of this game. Such information may be desirable to those who like to steal ideas. Or that might just be my paranoia. Either way, they owe us no explanations in my book.

And I am sure the devs love hearing how what they are trying to accomplish is "simple" and "no big deal" if they would just let John or Judy Farmtowner pitch in and help. Yeah. Right. It's real simple. Multiple servers, millions of players, cross platform, multiple social network hosts -- no big deal. I am sure if the players an just pitch in and write some code they will solve it all!!!

"Justice" and "transparency" were deliberately employed since so many of the whiniest posters use such phrases as "It is NOT FAIR that we don't get free Farm Cash" or "Why am I being punished?". Transparency because of stuff like this: "Shouldn't the devs let us know what is going on? Why don't they tell us why the animals can't be moved? What are they planning?" etc., etc.

Sorry, i wan't the one who upped the drama ante. The whiners did.

I would like to add thanks to the posters who have contacted me off-list to express agreement with my sentiments.

The whiners are NOT winning friends and influencing people positively!!!

Oh, and something new -- folks, there is a huge section of the board called "Suggestions." Why not take your endless demands for coffee grinders there???

Farming away since June 14, 2009
Old Jun 15 2010, 07:46 AM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauriellen View Post
I wonder if adding levels really helps much in the long run; the same people will continue to run out of levels and complain again. I'm more interested in buying and selling and arranging the farm than I am in leveling up. The levels were fun early on, but I'd rather see more items in the shops to buy for the farms for functional and decorative use. Maybe some activities like quizzes, word games, etc. And perhaps the ability to enter buildings, sort of like Yoville with a farm theme?
They HAVE "YoVille with a farm theme." It is called Farmville. You can't expand your farm, so rearranging is the name of the game.

Personally -- I gave up on it.

Farming away since June 14, 2009
Old Jun 15 2010, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauriellen View Post

When levels are added, I should be raised up..... after all I did work for the points. I just pre-worked. Like getting a raise, retro-active.

I would like to be able to enlarge the 24x24.... maybe in steps...... to something like a 30x30, or larger. It may not fit on the screen, but I can always click-n-drag.

As to entering the building.... sure... I am curious about the game room, master bedroom, family room and kitchen in my mansions. lol
Closed Thread