Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Sep 04 2014, 09:33 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by whosyou? View Post
Did you guys do a upgrade to the forums?Links,and other things look slightly different.Looked at a few other forums,and they seem to be same as always.
Hi Whosyou,
No changes have been made to the forum software. We have made some layout/name changes for the top sections of the forum for the information threads, but nothing else. Links and things like that are still the same colors and underlined.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Sep 05 2014, 04:37 AM

Apologies if this is in the wrong place. Dont know if some changes are being made to the game but as of yesterday I seem to have no control over the pointer. It seems to click on things that are underneath the pop up menus. So replanting my quest farm is a nightmare. I just clicked on Alfalfa in the menu and it went over some 1 day crops that didnt need replacing - (see picture) I am using the 5x5 combine harvest plow and sow. Also the pointer selects things I havent clicked on - for example I am trying to scroll down in the seeds menu and it keeps selecting a seed. Or in the Facs Manager scrolling down inside a facility to select a particular item I suddenly find I have started something I didnt want to. I hope this makes sense. Its driving me totally nuts. There doesnt seem to be a problem with my mouse using other functions on my computer.
Thinking about it what seems to be happening is the pointer/clicker is reacting faster than the display is refreshing (which isnt slow by any means) - my mouse doesnt seem to have become super sensitive so I have no idea what the problem is.

***** Farm Town Addict since October 2009 *****

Last edited by maggiel29; Sep 05 2014 at 04:45 AM. Reason: Added photo
Old Sep 05 2014, 05:41 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Maggiel29, I understand what you mean! My mouse started doing the same thing. I click on one thing, something else comes up. I cleaned everything like they say to do plus I rebooted the computer, it seems to have helped a little.

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Sep 05 2014, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Rae View Post
excuse me but you can hire your friends and they will get the bonus chest, you just have to make sure they are not neighbours or buddys with you and you are not neighbours or buddys with them. I have been hiring friends who get the bonus chest from the first day the bonus chest was released and all get the bonus chest and I get the extra box(small) as well,
Something seems wrong with the above logic, if i understand what they are doing. It seems that if you are friends, neighbors or buddies with someone they should get more bonus points that total strangers. Guess that means the quickest way to get up in XPs and coins is to be mean to everyone and not like anybody. Just like the real world. Send millions to foreign countries to help them but ignore your neighbors that need a few crumbs to help them to the next paycheck.
Old Sep 05 2014, 09:54 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggiel29 View Post
Apologies if this is in the wrong place. Dont know if some changes are being made to the game but as of yesterday I seem to have no control over the pointer. It seems to click on things that are underneath the pop up menus. So replanting my quest farm is a nightmare. I just clicked on Alfalfa in the menu and it went over some 1 day crops that didnt need replacing - (see picture) I am using the 5x5 combine harvest plow and sow. Also the pointer selects things I havent clicked on - for example I am trying to scroll down in the seeds menu and it keeps selecting a seed. Or in the Facs Manager scrolling down inside a facility to select a particular item I suddenly find I have started something I didnt want to. I hope this makes sense. Its driving me totally nuts. There doesnt seem to be a problem with my mouse using other functions on my computer.
Thinking about it what seems to be happening is the pointer/clicker is reacting faster than the display is refreshing (which isnt slow by any means) - my mouse doesnt seem to have become super sensitive so I have no idea what the problem is.
Hi Maggie,
If you are using a wireless mouse try changing the battery. When the battery becomes weak then strange things start happening with it. It is more noticable in the game because their are more places for it to react.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Sep 05 2014, 10:04 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PawPaw99 View Post
Something seems wrong with the above logic, if i understand what they are doing. It seems that if you are friends, neighbors or buddies with someone they should get more bonus points that total strangers. Guess that means the quickest way to get up in XPs and coins is to be mean to everyone and not like anybody. Just like the real world. Send millions to foreign countries to help them but ignore your neighbors that need a few crumbs to help them to the next paycheck.
Hi PawPaw,
The purpose for creating the bonus chest for strangers was to get people to hire more from the market and as an incentive for more to want to work from the market. This was lagging because there wasn't any incentive specially for doing trees, flowers and fishing.
As was stated you can be friends with the people you hire from the market and they will get the bonus. Along with that those friends can also work your facilities.
Old Sep 05 2014, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi PawPaw,
The purpose for creating the bonus chest for strangers was to get people to hire more from the market and as an incentive for more to want to work from the market. This was lagging because there wasn't any incentive specially for doing trees, flowers and fishing.
As was stated you can be friends with the people you hire from the market and they will get the bonus. Along with that those friends can also work your facilities.
But why would you want to penalize someone for being your neighbor or buddy? I dont disagree with the bonus to helpl draw people to working from the market, but why put a make neighbors and buddies second class citizens? Friends are still first class unless they are a neighbor or buddy then they no longer can get the bonus.
Old Sep 05 2014, 10:22 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi PawPaw,
What is the benefit to the game for hiring from the market versus hiring your neighbors?

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Sep 05 2014, 10:29 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PawPaw99 View Post
But why would you want to penalize someone for being your neighbor or buddy? I dont disagree with the bonus to helpl draw people to working from the market, but why put a make neighbors and buddies second class citizens? Friends are still first class unless they are a neighbor or buddy then they no longer can get the bonus.
Everyone gets something. Your neighbors and buddies still get the amounts they were getting before so they are not getting penalized.
This is additional to help those who go to the market to look for work to level up faster gaining more coins, experience and crops. There is nothing keeping your neighbors or buddies from going to the market and working too for other non-neighbors. They may not get the bonus working for you, but they can get it from others.
Old Sep 05 2014, 06:17 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by knolan View Post
What is the benefit to the game for hiring from the market versus hiring your neighbors?
because if more people interact through the market, the game stays more interesting and more people play longer.
Closed Thread