Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Oct 16 2015, 12:56 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1949 View Post
I answered this once and my post is not shown. When you try and plant, the icon of the crop planting will travel all around the farm before stopping were u want to plant. It is not playable. Yes cleared cache, no it is not FB
Hi Dave,
I moved your post to the Help & Support thread about Display and answered you there. The problem appears to be an update by Chrome.
We are trying to keep all the posts about this in one location for the developers. I answered you in the following post:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showpo...postcount=1216
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Oct 16 2015, 10:32 PM
Senior Moderator

The following has been posted for those with the issues concerning Flash:
Post-Release Updates - October 16th, 11:10PM

- General Performance Improvements: The latest version of the Flash Player introduced some changes that slowed down the game considerably on many areas, we just released several workarounds to minimize this impact, on some or even on most situations the game should now be faster than it was before, when moving the mouse over the farm, dragging the farm around and when doing farming operations, even on larger farms.

One of the compromise we did was that when you move the mouse over the farm items, the items are not highlighted until you stop moving the mouse, only then the item under the mouse is highlighted for you to interact with it, we think this should not be a major issue compared to the performance gains of this new strategy.

We tested the game as much as we could but the change covered many areas so please report your comments and if you find any major inconveniences with the new changes.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Oct 16 2015, 10:57 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

I am finding that it is better with these new improvements, so far have had no adverse issues at all, thanks guys..

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Oct 17 2015, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
The following has been posted for those with the issues concerning Flash:
Post-Release Updates - October 16th, 11:10PM

- General Performance Improvements: The latest version of the Flash Player introduced some changes that slowed down the game considerably on many areas, we just released several workarounds to minimize this impact, on some or even on most situations the game should now be faster than it was before, when moving the mouse over the farm, dragging the farm around and when doing farming operations, even on larger farms.

One of the compromise we did was that when you move the mouse over the farm items, the items are not highlighted until you stop moving the mouse, only then the item under the mouse is highlighted for you to interact with it, we think this should not be a major issue compared to the performance gains of this new strategy.

We tested the game as much as we could but the change covered many areas so please report your comments and if you find any major inconveniences with the new changes.
Unfortunately I don't find any improvement on my end, on the contrary I find it has made the clicking/highlighting more difficult and I don't see any difference in the speed of the game... it is still lagging for me... Usually, I very rarely have problems with slowness... Yes, the mouse seems easier to maneuver, it's not jumping around all over the screen but I have to go around in circles while hovering to be able to catch the item to highlight, it makes no difference when I stop moving my mouse, I still have to hover in circles... the crops are not as difficult as the flowers & the trees, the trees being the worst... I have to click about 4 times before it highlights... I just finished chopping & harvesting trees & flowers on 4 farms and I have to stop because I am starting to feel the shooting pain in my wrist & forearm (I have arthritis)... I hope you can find a solution (I'm sure you will) and this workaround is not a permanent change...

Thank you for all...

Farming since February 7, 2009
Level 1200+
Farms 1-39 @46x46
Farm 40 @50x50
Farms 41 @42x42 & 42 @36x36

SHELL VALLEY Properties
Old Oct 17 2015, 02:31 AM

No improvement on mine, still lagging and much slower than yesterday when loading farms
Old Oct 17 2015, 04:41 AM
Account Not Linked

what is up with the game ? it acts like a ghost is playing it can't do anything because of this issue and it's not my computer another person that is 3 towns away from me is having the same issues ,, you go to harvest and the tools are all over the place you drag your screen and it goes past the farm into the sky ............
Old Oct 17 2015, 04:56 AM

Unhappy not working well since new updates

I've been playing for a long time now, but these last updates are making it impossible, the cursor goes where it likes, won't pick up machinery etc that is clicked, changed my mouse, so not that that is causing the problem. Thinking of packing up after several years
Old Oct 17 2015, 08:40 AM

Re: the update.

I find no problem just moving the farm around. But when I have a tool in my hand it is a little different. I chopped some trees and it was a little choppy.

My super neighbor harvested 4 farms for me. She said once the tool settled down after she picked it up, she could move the farm easily. She said it was easier to harvest from the right side to the left side of the farm. But harvesting left to right was a little slower. She had to wait till the tool settled down and highlighted.

I myself have not harvested any of my farms with crops. I will hook up with my harvest buddy tonight and let you know more after we harvest each others crops.

Just went and harvested the trees on my Industrial City. VERY hard to harvest. Hard to find the sweet spot.

Last edited by Jean's Farm; Oct 17 2015 at 08:45 AM. Reason: Added more info
Old Oct 17 2015, 09:05 AM

Thank You...it made a big difference
Old Oct 17 2015, 10:31 AM

I always wonder why, when something works great, why do they not leave it alone, instead of tinkering around and goofing it up, Flash Players you guys should of just lift it alone
Closed Thread