Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Aug 10 2011, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
This was not a Farm Town "enhancement" but was instead an Adobe Flash update that has gone wrong. It is effecting a lot of Flash run games.
I have discovered that if you zoom in with your mouse wheel then the text is normal.
Still searching for other answers
Old Aug 10 2011, 10:17 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall_Lind View Post
I don't think it would ruin the game. However it would make people lazy because you could just water and harvest like flowers.
I suspect you're right Randall, which is why they would make it a 45FC item I'm guessing, so alot wouldnt buy it anyway! Id much prefer a FC item that would let us mature the crops quicker.. but I dout we will get that lol
Old Aug 10 2011, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docperk View Post
I have discovered that if you zoom in with your mouse wheel then the text is normal.
Still searching for other answers
Yes, you're right about the zooming in. I guess the major question is - does anyone know if there is a mr/mz 'fixit' working on this?

Old Aug 10 2011, 10:44 PM

Unhappy

I don't know if it's Adobe Flash that has completely messed everything up, or if there are serious problems with the Slashkey servers... but I'm at my wit's end with the constant server time-outs. In the 2+ years I've been playing Farm Town, I have never experienced anything like this. It's been going on for most of the summer... since early July, I believe. I can't work multi-hire without timing out and needing rehire. If a belt notice pops up.. or a message arrives... big triggers to a time-out. I can't work in full screen mode anymore, and that's the only way I can play this game. Tonight I timed out twice trying to load facilities. A short time ago, the worst time-out of all... while layer planting. I've timed out chopping my trees... fishing... even clicking to put a tool down. I'm beyond frustration now. I had high hopes today, when I saw that I was returned to my original server... but ended up timing out just as much, and maybe even more than before.

I love Farm Town, and I've spent a lot of time and money on this game. I see no other choice but to quit playing, though. I see no feedback on this game-destroying problem, though many players besides me have posted about this. I have friends who are experiencing the same thing as me... and others who have no problems. We all use different operating systems. The closest to a similarity is Google Chrome. So maybe Adobe is the culprit, and the built-in Flash plug-in is defective. I don't know.. but if Slashkey can't do anything to help, then players like me are out of luck.

Please give me a sign of hope.

Edit: I checked the About Google Chrome tool, that notifies us about updates. Sure enough... it says "Relaunch Google Chrome to finish updating." That explains why my planting crashed.. but not the endless server time-outs since early July. I've turned off every setting that lets Chrome automatically update. I can't stop them from installing updates when they decide to do them.

Last edited by Caren Katsmom; Aug 10 2011 at 10:59 PM.
Old Aug 11 2011, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caren Katsmom View Post
I don't know if it's Adobe Flash that has completely messed everything up, or if there are serious problems with the Slashkey servers...
I am on server WF33 - and have been bounced around to various others during FT updates and have had no issues at all with time outs. I am here almost every day at various times. I only see some lag during peak usage time (evening in the US).

Animal Farm http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...9521&farm_ix=Y
Old Aug 11 2011, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindy333 View Post
have the same problem, only 1 ore 3 first letters vertical. only with chrome. with firefox its okay. so what need to do?
I have found out if you go to a harvest tool as if to harvest then click on the field it will tell you what is what try it and c if it works for you
Old Aug 11 2011, 08:39 AM

What is up with the 3 vertical letters when I fish? Is this something new or an error with FT? I can't see how much bait I have, and I can't see if there are any fish or how many if I have fish. Very annoying.
Old Aug 11 2011, 08:41 AM

I am not convinced this is JUST a flash issue or Farm Town. I am having problems with ALL games on Facebook. In fact I am struggling to log out or log back in. It's just taken me an hour to accept gifts from all games. The 'like' function on facebook is broken, as are my wall posts and other things. I really believe that it is Facebook itself that is having server issues, which is affecting the Farm Town servers along with other games

And I am not the only person saying this. If you google you will find many people have been struggling with Facebook for the past 24hrs if not longer
Old Aug 11 2011, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimpat View Post
I have found out if you go to a harvest tool as if to harvest then click on the field it will tell you what is what try it and c if it works for you
yep i works like that, what also works is press ctr button and zoom in with my mouse scroll. can see that then to. so far its looks fine then. but dosnt botter me that much i need it only when i have to fish, then i zoom in to see the number of the harvest fish. and the crops? most of the times i know when they are ready LOL anyway, thanks for the answer

its looks like that farmtown one of the few(only one) that may gets messy without making me upset. but i get upset and very upset when i can not load the game ;D lucky me dosn happen a lot. but i think that the vertical words not farmtowns fault, but flashplayer. see it with a other game to.
Old Aug 11 2011, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oopsy-Bumpty View Post
I am not convinced this is JUST a flash issue or Farm Town. I am having problems with ALL games on Facebook. In fact I am struggling to log out or log back in. It's just taken me an hour to accept gifts from all games. The 'like' function on facebook is broken, as are my wall posts and other things. I really believe that it is Facebook itself that is having server issues, which is affecting the Farm Town servers along with other games

And I am not the only person saying this. If you google you will find many people have been struggling with Facebook for the past 24hrs if not longer
yep i know have the same issues with facebook right now. they are a mess again like always, but more messy now
and i believe that to, when facebooks mess up, all the games are also the victim of it. have not to google it, see it on the status of my fb friends
Closed Thread