Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Mar 27 2021, 08:23 AM

Default Disappearing nonessential elements for easier farming no longer works

A couple of days ago, the feature that allowed the elements in a farm not being worked with the current tool to disappear while that tool is selected stopped working. So, fruit trees don't disappear when you harvest them, and I don't know which haven't been worked. The same for water. Flowers. Everything but chopped trees. The elements not being worked don't automatically fade out. It happened while I was working on my farms, one farm it was fine, the next it wasn't. It still is broken. I don't know if there's a setting I accidently tripped, but I don't think so.
Old Mar 27 2021, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maurinejt View Post
A couple of days ago, the feature that allowed the elements in a farm not being worked with the current tool to disappear while that tool is selected stopped working. So, fruit trees don't disappear when you harvest them, and I don't know which haven't been worked. The same for water. Flowers. Everything but chopped trees. The elements not being worked don't automatically fade out. It happened while I was working on my farms, one farm it was fine, the next it wasn't. It still is broken. I don't know if there's a setting I accidently tripped, but I don't think so.
Hi maurinejt

Im not sure to understand, are you saying the items not tied to the tool you have in your hands are not disappearing from the farm?

Or, that the items you previously chopped, harvested, etc, dont fade out after being worked?

For the first problem, when you get the tool, look for the eye in the bottom right corner of the screen.
Click in the eye to get it half closed, that way only the items tied to the tool you have in your hands will be showed up.

For the second problem, clear your memcache, link below. A new window will open with a short list of unsettings. Close that window and your farm if it is open in another tab. Then reopen your farms and see if that helped you.

https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

If that doesnt help you, then clear your browser cache. First time you load the game after the clearing, it will load slower as all graphics have to be loaded again.
Old Mar 27 2021, 08:51 AM

For the past couple of days I have had trouble loading a particular farm. The error is "Texture has out of range width/height" It is my Farm #3 and my user ID is 1491257622.
That is the only farm I have an issue with, it won't load and I usually have to restart the game to continue.
Old Mar 27 2021, 09:05 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffeeguy View Post
For the past couple of days I have had trouble loading a particular farm. The error is "Texture has out of range width/height" It is my Farm #3 and my user ID is 1491257622.
That is the only farm I have an issue with, it won't load and I usually have to restart the game to continue.
Hi Coffeeguy,
Please try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.
If your farm is open close it. Then reopen and try again.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

If that doesn't help please clear your browser cache, close the browser and reopen. It will be slower loading the first time after that as it has to download all the graphics again.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Mar 27 2021, 09:40 AM
Account Not Linked

Default Avatar skin color

My avatar is now a different skin tone. I am a white lady and now skin tone is dark. Can you repair that please? Thanks.
Old Mar 27 2021, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathyinrome2003 View Post
My avatar is now a different skin tone. I am a white lady and now skin tone is dark. Can you repair that please? Thanks.
Hi kathyinrome2003

I moved your post to the Migration thread.

Avatars are still being worked and developers are trying to fix that problem.
Old Mar 27 2021, 10:38 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to OzzieOzzOzz

Please return the "Sort by Cost" in the Crop Panel, This helped in the choice of the crop to seed

And thanks for all the work you are doing
Old Mar 27 2021, 10:43 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzieOzzOzz View Post
Please return the "Sort by Cost" in the Crop Panel, This helped in the choice of the crop to seed

And thanks for all the work you are doing
Hi Ozzie,
I moved your post to the Game Migration Updates thread since this is not a loading issue.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Mar 27 2021, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Alexm,
What were you doing when you got this message?

hi taz,

i was working for a super neighbour when i got the message and then it asked me to modify my settings and if i was a developer i clicked no but the box popped back up several times i had to reboot my whole computer to get rid of it.
Old Mar 27 2021, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexm2012 View Post
hi taz,

i was working for a super neighbour when i got the message and then it asked me to modify my settings and if i was a developer i clicked no but the box popped back up several times i had to reboot my whole computer to get rid of it.

Hi Alexm2012

Taz is not available at this moment.

Were you fishing as Superneighbor when this problem happened?

If so, developers are trying to fix the issues while fishing.
Closed Thread