Old Dec 23 2016, 09:46 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer_Susan View Post
Just found the Seaport Manager Tool so I just answered my own question. Would be nice to be notified on our regular screen without having to go look. I think having to go look to see if there's a ship at your port is going to greatly DECREASE neighbor participation which is going to be directly proportional to the amount of INCREASED frustration with the ships. Maybe that's already been done - I don't have any ships in my port yet (SOB!) so I don't know.
if you look at your tool box, you will see a number appear showing how many ships are there, I have had 1 so far, my ship is stuck on its 4th port of call as the person has not noticed yet, and has ignored my messages both within the game and via a fb message with a snip shot. lol UPDATE, my ship has now moved on! phew! ROFL

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20

Last edited by Aussie Rae; Dec 23 2016 at 10:01 AM.
Old Dec 23 2016, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeniorCornwall View Post
Interesting post.... For me it is the complete opposite... I will focus on three containers - Metal Sheets / Ore, Rocks & Minerals and / Liquid Factory Ingredients. From there I will just add more if I have time. Key will be to start in morning - add containers as I can throughout the day - and make sure I ship it out in the evening..... If I do this every day, will always be a ship being loaded... and 6 at sea all the time. I look at the content from these as a bonus, so will take what I can - not like I lose anything by using them...

I am guessing the next months will see tools to speed up the loading / shipping process.... Maybe super ships and the like....
Amazing!!! I can't figure out why there are SUCH big differences in what we need. I've filled 4 containers so far in this order: Animal Products, Fish, Crops, Textiles. Those are my big 4 to run short on - textiles really only because of needing more wool for those products (so again, not enough animal products). Will probably do Liquids next although I really don't run out of those - or of any of the others. But for now, I think it's a fun challenge to see if I can get all 10 containers filled each day and my work schedule is such that it should be doable most days.

But yeah - that's my strategy - fill as many as I can each day, send the ship out before I go to bed. If I do one each day, I should have one to fill and one will come back each day. I LOVE it!

Farmer Squeak

Farmer Susan has been happily farming since July 27, 2009.
  • Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • ♫ Oh Give Me a Home . . .
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old Dec 23 2016, 09:58 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by meirwen59@aol.com View Post
Appears that today , not sure if it is connected, but since I purchased a cargo ship I am now not able to post my facilities or clients either from the facility manager or direct from a farm. Yes I have reloaded , cleared memcache , any suggestions please
Hi meirwen,
I just checked mine and it posted ok. Are you not getting the pop up to post or what exactly are you seeing? Please post this problem in the Help & Support thread for Newsfeed Posts.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Dec 23 2016, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qivis View Post
The pink highlights for the current container being loaded on the cargo ship is certainly very useful. Kudos to Raul and the team for making it so without our needing to ask for it!
Yes. Very helpful.

I also noticed there's a different background color for containers that are filled AND we have live updates on the Ship Manager. I'm not sure if we're still going to get logged out after 10 minutes or not - haven't tested that - but I can leave my Ship Manager tool open and it continues to count down while it's open. I'll try to tear myself away for more than 10 minutes to see if I still get logged out if my Ship Manager tool is open. Would be kinda nice if I don't. That way, I can just leave it open on my computer and do other things and just check my screen occasionally to see if it's time to start another container.

I CAN pry myself away for 10 minutes! I KNOW I can.

Farmer Squeak

Farmer Susan has been happily farming since July 27, 2009.
  • Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • ♫ Oh Give Me a Home . . .
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old Dec 23 2016, 10:20 AM

Experimenting with ships! Sent my first ship out today - It was sent to someone who hardly plays farmtown. Haven't seen any posts or notification of them working. I thought it was supposed to start with someone who is one of your more active neighbors!!! I sent messages to her, but not sure she will respond as there isn't much activity!!
Old Dec 23 2016, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lran View Post
Experimenting with ships! Sent my first ship out today - It was sent to someone who hardly plays farmtown. Haven't seen any posts or notification of them working. I thought it was supposed to start with someone who is one of your more active neighbors!!! I sent messages to her, but not sure she will respond as there isn't much activity!!
I imagine we will need to realize that not everyone is on Farm Town all day.... Many log in and play a bit, then log out and live regular lives... I tend to work my farms in the morning when I have time.... Messaging me may not make a difference if I am not on. I will check the ship centre when I am on - but since we have no control of who the ships are sent to - nor do we know what else they have to do outside of Farm Town, we will need to accept what we get with a smile. Something like the neighborhood challenge... Sometimes we get stuff, and once in a blue moon we might actually get some farmcash. Think I got it once so far. View all of this as extra so not disappointed if the neighbors are not as active...
Old Dec 23 2016, 10:29 AM

Default error X025

Trying to unload my ship and it keeps coming up with this error and I have to reload
Old Dec 23 2016, 10:33 AM

Is there any advantage to buying the yellow ship over the blue ship other than 15 minutes it takes to fill it?
Is it 45 minutes vs 60 minutes per container to fill?
What if I only want to fill 1 container? Will the ship sail anyway?
Merry Christmas Everyone!
Barbs
Old Dec 23 2016, 10:33 AM

Just had a number show up on my tool box so I went to open it and it show in side I had one ship at port, so I clicked on the seaport manage and it said not ships docked and now the number 1 that was showing is gone.

Farming since April 26 2009
Old Dec 23 2016, 10:35 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EireneM View Post
Trying to unload my ship and it keeps coming up with this error and I have to reload
Hi EireneM,

Can you please try clearing your FT memcache. To do that Click Here. A window will open with a list of "unsetting", that is the memcache being cleared. Close that window and FT if you have it open in another window. Then reload and see if it will let you unload the ship.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Closed Thread