Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Feb 24 2013, 03:02 PM

Arrow Flowers / Sprinklers / Flower Harvester/Flower tools

Flower Freezer-Unfreezer tool is not available to use yet.

This thread is for reporting problems concerning flowers, watering flowers, the mobile sprinkler, flower freezer and the flower harvester.
Please read the following information BEFORE posting in this thread. Thank you!

Check Out The Game Guide:

Chapter 11 - Flowers Everything you need to know about flowers and watering is included here.
What is the flower harvester? will tell you about the available tools to harvest flowers.
What is the Flower Freezer - Unfreezer Tool? will tell you how that tool works.

Important Things to Remember:

1. To use the flower harvester or the sprinkler on any farms but your own, the tool needs to be placed in your storage. Once at the farm you are going to be working on, click on the tool's icon located in the toolbox and then click on the farm. Note: To harvest someones flowers you will need to be first sent a hire request or be their Super Neighbour with permission to harvest flowers..

2. Flowers can only be watered once a day. When you water your own flowers, coins will be deducted from your total. When you water your neighbor's flowers, coins will be added. It is not possible to water someone's flowers if they are not your neighbor.

3. If you choose to place a flower in storage, that flower will be set back to zero growth.

4. You can not harvest flowers that are frozen or have become wilted. To un-wilt a flower, simply water it.

NOTE: Suggestions for flowers, please post your idea in Crops, Fruits and Plants

This thread is for players to report problems only. Any off topic posts will be removed by a moderator without notice to the user.

Last edited by Tiger; Aug 28 2023 at 04:22 PM.
Old Jan 24 2021, 04:40 AM

Default Flower Harvesting

Just a bug I think but when harvesting flowers with 400x400 harvester it is leaving flowers behind and you have to click them again, sometimes two or three times. This is happening on all my farms with flowers.

Just thought you would like to know in case you didn't already.
Old Jan 24 2021, 05:53 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tractor Man View Post
Just a bug I think but when harvesting flowers with 400x400 harvester it is leaving flowers behind and you have to click them again, sometimes two or three times. This is happening on all my farms with flowers.

Just thought you would like to know in case you didn't already.
Hi Tractor Man,

Are any of the flowers layered? Meaning flowers in exactly the same spot as another flower? Those you would have to click more than once to get the other layers. This can be caused by deliberate layering or unintentional layering. There's no easy way to check for unintentional layering at this time, a clue would be that it's only missing getting a few scattered flowers rather than a large amount of flowers per click.

I've tested the 400x400 flower harvester on both layered and non layered flowers and it is performing correctly for me.

When you are next able to harvest flowers, please check if another size tool has the same problem.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Jan 26 2021, 03:58 AM

Default Flower Harvesting

Thanks Tiger, I did not have the problem with the flash version when harvesting flowers but I will check your suggestion as soon as I can, I will move the flowers left over to storage and then I can see if they were layered and will post back here the results for you and anyone else it may help. Funny thing is I do not know how to layer so if that is the problem I did not know I did it.

Tractor Man
Old Feb 06 2021, 11:09 PM

does the purple sprinkler irrigate everything??
Old Feb 06 2021, 11:17 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaScobee View Post
does the purple sprinkler irrigate everything??
Hi LisaScobee,
Yes it does. You can find all the information on the sprinklers in the Game Guide chapter 21 about tools:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=489090
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Feb 11 2021, 06:34 AM

Hi Tiger, it appears I do have lots of flowers on various farms that are layered, hopefully in the future there will be an easy way to find them, not easy at all right now.
I have never layered so I do not know how I managed this, is there any information about this anywhere as I would like to make sure I do not do it again.
Thanks.

Tractor Man
Old Feb 11 2021, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Hi Tiger, it appears I do have lots of flowers on various farms that are layered, hopefully in the future there will be an easy way to find them, not easy at all right now.
I have never layered so I do not know how I managed this, is there any information about this anywhere as I would like to make sure I do not do it again.
Thanks.

Tractor Man
Hi Tractor Man,

Accidental layering has been known to happen when more than one worker is working or designing the same farm, or when someone has more than one tab open with the game loaded in it and does something that can cause it.
I'm afraid I can be specific about any steps that would cause it as we're not permitted to post them or allowed them to be posted due to the problems layering/overlapping crops etc can cause. I can see that you know to overlap crops so you may be aware of more than one method on how to layer something. We know that not all methods of layering are working at the moment.

When it's only a few things layered rather than a lot of them, pinning down the actual cause can be impossible to find especially when you can't see immediately what has happened so may not notice until you revisit the farm, or as in your case with the flowers, it didn't show up until you tried to harvest the flowers.

What you can do depends on how many flowers are layered and what space you have on that farm or what storage space you have available to use.

The first thing would be to run memcahe to clear any stray data from your farm that may be causing a problem. Try clearing your FT memcache. To do that Click Here. A window will open with a list of "unsetting", that is the memcache being cleared. Close that window and FT if you have it open in another window. Then reload.
You might also want to go a step further and also clear your browser caches, close the browser for a few minutes then reopen it. If you choose to do that as well, you may find first load slower as the game has to get all the graphics for what is on your farms again.

If it's only a few flowers, harvest the flowers once, don't click more than once in the same spot, the ones that didn't harvest are usually the layered ones.
Now if you have space on your farm to to it, what you can do is move the flower not harvested to another spot, then refresh the farm and see if another one is in that spot showing either harvested or ready to harvest. If the one showing in the original spot is harvested then that's the original layer, so you can get rid of the one you moved.

If there are a considerable amount of layered flowers, then the easiest thing to do is to delete them all, reload the game and get rid of any more that show up, repeat that until you are back to ground cover, then plant them again.

If you have space in storage, you can certainly store them rather than sell them.

If after trying those you are unable to get rid of the layered flowers come back and let us know which farm has the problem and we will go take a look and see what else we can offer you to resolve it.

Clickable Help Links:

Old Feb 12 2021, 06:06 AM

Thanks Tiger, if I have crops over layered not sure how I managed that. Very strange but I just harvested all my flowers and the extra ones have disappeared, did not have to click twice. If they show up again I will move them as you suggest. Many thanks for your help.
Is there any news yet on when we can play FT on gameroom again?

Thanks again

Tractor Man
Old Feb 12 2021, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Thanks Tiger, if I have crops over layered not sure how I managed that. Very strange but I just harvested all my flowers and the extra ones have disappeared, did not have to click twice. If they show up again I will move them as you suggest. Many thanks for your help.
Is there any news yet on when we can play FT on gameroom again?

Thanks again

Tractor Man
Hi Tractor Man,

Glad to hear your flowers are behaving again, thanks for coming back to let us know. If it happens again, try to remember what you were doing prior to it happening and then without harvesting them again, refresh that farm and see if it corrects them. If it doesn't correct them come back an let us know please.

I'm sorry but the last news we heard about Facebook have announced that they will be closing Facebook Gameroom entirely on June 30,2021 due to the end of support for flash. If you are not able to play FT on it now then I don't think that it's going to change in the few months that are left before they close it.

Clickable Help Links:

Tags
dead flowers, flower harvester, flowers, freezing flowers, mobile sprinkler, sprinkler, unfreezing flowers, water flowers, watering flowers