Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Apr 22 2021, 12:21 PM

hi

first a great thanks to the hard working developer
the game is faster better graphice
but i have a problem

my 5 year old computer with a 4 core ,nvidia graphics and 12 gb ram crashes if i help similiar to 5 or more farmers

so i bought me as a birthday present a new one (a gamer comp,)with ! octa core also 8x 4,4 ghz
16 gb ram and a nvidia gforce gtx gamer card this is a real gamer computer but the same result overloadet farms and/or more than 5 open let ft crashing
why?
my system is more than 8 x faster then the ft requirements
below the game above the ft console i see video mem 512 mb do you set a limit?

best regards
tino
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...345&farm_ix=42
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot 2021-04-15 071951.jpg (8.9 KB, 2 views)
Old Apr 22 2021, 01:47 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffaloboy View Post
hi

first a great thanks to the hard working developer
the game is faster better graphice
but i have a problem

my 5 year old computer with a 4 core ,nvidia graphics and 12 gb ram crashes if i help similiar to 5 or more farmers

so i bought me as a birthday present a new one (a gamer comp,)with ! octa core also 8x 4,4 ghz
16 gb ram and a nvidia gforce gtx gamer card this is a real gamer computer but the same result overloadet farms and/or more than 5 open let ft crashing
why?
my system is more than 8 x faster then the ft requirements
below the game above the ft console i see video mem 512 mb do you set a limit?

best regards
tino
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...345&farm_ix=42
Hi Tino,
Video memory is not the same as system memory. Video memory would be the amount on the video card it self that is dedicated strictly to the screen video.

That would not have anything to do with your crashing after the work you are doing helping other farmers. Your browser is limited on how much system memory it can use as well by your processor controller.

What kind of work are you doing?
Are their farms heavily layered with crops, trees, flowers and/or waters? The more heavily layered then the faster your browser will use up the allocated memory. So after working so many farms it will bog down and may even freeze.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Apr 22 2021, 02:17 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HILARIOUS View Post
I clicked on toggle box. List came up but can't click on any of those. My computer assures me web gl is working. All my stuff will have died, I've just about had enough. I'm 72 years old, been on here since 2009, what on earth is happening. Just check how much money I have spent on this site. It's a joke.
I am really annoyed and extremely upset. Sort it out. These things you are asking me to do, I have attempted. No change.
Hi Hilarious,
Would please provide the information requested below:
  1. What is the last thing you see on the screen when you are trying to open your farms?
  2. What is the last "U" number you see floating on your farms or in the FT Console below your farms?
  3. Please copy and post at least the first 10 lines you can see in the FT Console.
  4. Please tell us exactly what you have attempted.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Apr 22 2021, 04:32 PM

Default Have a black a scene a dimane shape

what do I need to do to get this to go away?
Old Apr 22 2021, 04:51 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPowers View Post
what do I need to do to get this to go away?
HI BPowers,
I have moved your post to the Subject thread about HTML/WebGL loading issues.
Please check if there is any update for Windows or Mac, you can type update in the search box and you usually get "search for updates", you have to follow the instructions. Remember to close and restart after updating.

Also make sure your browser is updated as sometimes they do not automatically update.

After that then follow the instructions given in this announcement:

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/announcement.php?f=1

You have to try all suggestions under FIRST LOAD OF FARM TOWN.
After trying them all, then restart and check again if your game loads.

If your game doesnt load, then you have to provide the information under PERSISTENT LOADING ISSUES.
Please notice that for point 3, developers are asking for the last Checkpoint information.

If you dont see the information below your game screen, then click in Toggle FT console and scroll down the page using the bar on the right till you find the last Checkpoint information.
Old Apr 23 2021, 07:36 AM

Hangs up on the black screen (the progress box not filled in at all), and the error insert box finally appears. Done all the usual, reboot, run memcache, different browsers etc. Farm ID: 1793409352
On Chrome:
TypeError: Could not download wasm module
2021-04-23 12:18:12.665 ERRORfalling back to ArrayBuffer instantiation
2021-04-23 12:25:30.701 LOGboth async and sync fetching of the wasm failed
2021-04-23 12:25:30.703 ERRORboth async and sync fetching of the wasm failed
2021-04-23 12:25:30.708 ERRORfailed to asynchronously prepare wasm: TypeError: WebAssembly.instantiate(): Argument 0 must be a buffer source or a WebAssembly.Module object

On Firefox, the progress box gets about 9/10th of the way filled, but it never goes any further, but the insert error box doesn’t appear. The Firefox info:
2021-04-23 12:28:46.540 INFOCheckpoint-B-000 - Initialized
2021-04-23 12:28:46.541 LOGFT Client Services Inited.
2021-04-23 12:28:46.549 LOGSessionId: 3230828
Browser: Firefox: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:87.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/87.0
WebGL Supported and Enabled. Type: WebGL 2.0
GPU-Vendor: Google Inc.
GPU-Renderer: ANGLE (Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 Direct3D11 vs_5_0 ps_5_0)
Old Apr 23 2021, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by melian1 View Post
Hangs up on the black screen (the progress box not filled in at all), and the error insert box finally appears. Done all the usual, reboot, run memcache, different browsers etc. Farm ID: 1793409352
On Chrome:
TypeError: Could not download wasm module
2021-04-23 12:18:12.665 ERRORfalling back to ArrayBuffer instantiation
2021-04-23 12:25:30.701 LOGboth async and sync fetching of the wasm failed
2021-04-23 12:25:30.703 ERRORboth async and sync fetching of the wasm failed
2021-04-23 12:25:30.708 ERRORfailed to asynchronously prepare wasm: TypeError: WebAssembly.instantiate(): Argument 0 must be a buffer source or a WebAssembly.Module object

On Firefox, the progress box gets about 9/10th of the way filled, but it never goes any further, but the insert error box doesn’t appear. The Firefox info:
2021-04-23 12:28:46.540 INFOCheckpoint-B-000 - Initialized
2021-04-23 12:28:46.541 LOGFT Client Services Inited.
2021-04-23 12:28:46.549 LOGSessionId: 3230828
Browser: Firefox: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:87.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/87.0
WebGL Supported and Enabled. Type: WebGL 2.0
GPU-Vendor: Google Inc.
GPU-Renderer: ANGLE (Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 Direct3D11 vs_5_0 ps_5_0)

Hi melian1

Please be sure the browsers you are using are updated. Also check if you have any updates for Windows or Mac in case you use it.

Remember to restart your computer after any change.

If all the previous things are correct and you didnt need to do any update, then clear your browser cache. First time you load the game after the clearing it will load slower as all graphics have to be loaded again.
Old Apr 23 2021, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Tino,
Video memory is not the same as system memory. Video memory would be the amount on the video card it self that is dedicated strictly to the screen video.

That would not have anything to do with your crashing after the work you are doing helping other farmers. Your browser is limited on how much system memory it can use as well by your processor controller.

What kind of work are you doing?
Are their farms heavily layered with crops, trees, flowers and/or waters? The more heavily layered then the faster your browser will use up the allocated memory. So after working so many farms it will bog down and may even freeze.
hi

this happens if i help farmers factorys
and we all know some are cramped full with items
Old Apr 23 2021, 09:27 AM

Default Reporting unable to open new version

This is just not right, it's happening every day.
Old Apr 23 2021, 09:36 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HILARIOUS View Post
This is just not right, it's happening every day.
Hi Hilarious,
As you have not ginven any of the information asked for then I am sorry, but we don't know how to help you.

Please provide the information asked for in the following post link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showpo...postcount=3713
Closed Thread

Tags
black screen, web gl