Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Mar 15 2022, 09:52 PM

I'm on my mobile using puffin on my android and facebook also logs me out. It was fine just now. Cleared my farmtown memcache which hasn't helped
Laptop: Lenovo IdeaPad 3 14ITL05, 11th Gen, i7

https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...1959&farm_ix=0

https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...c_location=ufi

FB profile (accepting no FR for the time being) - https://www.facebook.com/alexandrajeffery88
Old Mar 15 2022, 09:59 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandra_J View Post
I'm on my mobile using puffin on my android and facebook also logs me out. It was fine just now. Cleared my farmtown memcache which hasn't helped
Hi Alexandra J,
I am sorry but this is a Facebook issue. We can only wait for Facebook to fix it.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Mar 15 2022, 10:13 PM
Account Not Linked

I had an issue again with a popup box saying my browser didn't support WebGL. I simply updated my Chrome, and voila! It worked! Love when I can troubleshoot a problem myself, and my fix actually works!
Old Mar 15 2022, 10:27 PM
Account Not Linked

Default Having to continually log in to Facebook

Hope I chose the right thread to post this if not I am sorry!

Starting this afternoon while playing I keep getting notice to log in to Facebook. At first I could avoid this by getting to my farm from someone else's post on Face book or a forum farm link. Now though it seems every time the game goes to communicate with the main frame I get message to log in and have to log in. I use Firefox browser which is up to date. I can't get to the Farm town toggle as it just reloads after logging back in Facebook and once the pop up happens it disappears. Windows is up to date as well. I have cleared data and cache. I have even tried setting Facebook to keep signed in. I tried to use Edge browser but it sat at climbing tractor as usual. Edge has always been a problem browser for me. I will try chrome I guess though I removed it due to constantly having issues playing FarmTown and it is a memory hog. With many farms now hitting close to 30G ram to load that just says no bueno to me lol. Any other suggestions other than trying Chrome? Or is there any other information you need from me to try and find issue?

Really hoping to use Firefox lol
Thanks for your help!
Old Mar 15 2022, 10:32 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalan View Post
Hope I chose the right thread to post this if not I am sorry!

Starting this afternoon while playing I keep getting notice to log in to Facebook. At first I could avoid this by getting to my farm from someone else's post on Face book or a forum farm link. Now though it seems every time the game goes to communicate with the main frame I get message to log in and have to log in. I use Firefox browser which is up to date. I can't get to the Farm town toggle as it just reloads after logging back in Facebook and once the pop up happens it disappears. Windows is up to date as well. I have cleared data and cache. I have even tried setting Facebook to keep signed in. I tried to use Edge browser but it sat at climbing tractor as usual. Edge has always been a problem browser for me. I will try chrome I guess though I removed it due to constantly having issues playing FarmTown and it is a memory hog. With many farms now hitting close to 30G ram to load that just says no bueno to me lol. Any other suggestions other than trying Chrome? Or is there any other information you need from me to try and find issue?

Really hoping to use Firefox lol
Thanks for your help!
Hi Khalan,
I moved your post to the thread where all the other posts concerning this are located.

This is a problem with Facebook and Firefox. I am not sure what Facebook changed but since it was working ok this morning and later in the afternoon it appears they have changed something that causes repeated login requests in Firefox. Hopefully they will get it fixed soon.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Mar 15 2022, 10:40 PM
Account Not Linked

Thanks for the quick reply Taz! Sorry I really did spend over an hour looking in the forums for someone one else posting this issue. I tried searching forums as well. I really try to not post same as someone else to create more work for you guys. You guys all are awesome! I am trying Chrome again lol
Old Mar 15 2022, 10:46 PM

Just so you know, I can't stay logged into Farm Town. It keeps blinking and not loading. It's happening on Firefox and Chrome.
Old Mar 15 2022, 10:55 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFMad View Post
Just so you know, I can't stay logged into Farm Town. It keeps blinking and not loading. It's happening on Firefox and Chrome.
Hi RFMad,
I moved your post to the HTML/WebGL thread about loading issues where all the posts about this issue have been moved.

This is a problem with Facebook and Firefox and apparently Chrome for you. I am not sure what Facebook changed but since it was working ok this morning and later in the afternoon it appears they have changed something that causes repeated login requests. Hopefully they will get it fixed soon.
Old Mar 15 2022, 11:16 PM

Thanks, Taz. I hope Facebook gets it's act together, too!

I moved your post to the HTML/WebGL thread about loading issues where all the posts about this issue have been moved.

This is a problem with Facebook and Firefox and apparently Chrome for you. I am not sure what Facebook changed but since it was working ok this morning and later in the afternoon it appears they have changed something that causes repeated login requests. Hopefully they will get it fixed soon.[/quote]
Old Mar 15 2022, 11:19 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFMad View Post
Thanks, Taz. I hope Facebook gets it's act together, too!

This is a problem with Facebook and Firefox and apparently Chrome for you. I am not sure what Facebook changed but since it was working ok this morning and later in the afternoon it appears they have changed something that causes repeated login requests. Hopefully they will get it fixed soon.
[/quote]
Hi RFMad,
They may have already. I have been able just now to open 5 facility requests without getting asked to login again.
Closed Thread

Tags
black screen, web gl