Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Dec 04 2019, 11:24 PM

Guess everyone in the job market has gone on vacation, I can't find anyone there. Have done the language thing, refreshed the screen, came out of farm town, gone back in and it is still the same. I found one player there who was on below level 200, but am not comfortable in hiring her, for she is going to be slow. I want fast workers and there is no one else there in the market except her. So I guess I will only have half my farms done this evening for the one I have hired to do from Farms 1 to 17. The rest I don't care to and I can't find anyone in the job market to hire.

OK, going to sleep. Thank you for listening!
Old Dec 04 2019, 11:34 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandie May Angel View Post
Guess everyone in the job market has gone on vacation, I can't find anyone there. Have done the language thing, refreshed the screen, came out of farm town, gone back in and it is still the same. I found one player there who was on below level 200, but am not comfortable in hiring her, for she is going to be slow. I want fast workers and there is no one else there in the market except her. So I guess I will only have half my farms done this evening for the one I have hired to do from Farms 1 to 17. The rest I don't care to and I can't find anyone in the job market to hire.

OK, going to sleep. Thank you for listening!
Hi Sandie May Angel,
As you are already set to English (US) try changing to another language, save, close and reopen your farms and set back to English (US), save and then close and reopen. Then go to market and see if you find more people there.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Dec 15 2019, 02:17 PM

Default Unable to hire neighbors to work in facilities

Continuing to have an off and on problem where I am unable to hire other farmers to work in my facilities.
Old Dec 15 2019, 02:25 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kschell View Post
Continuing to have an off and on problem where I am unable to hire other farmers to work in my facilities.
Hi kschell,
I moved your post to the subject thread about hiring.

You will need to explain what happens when you try to hire and can't.

Are you not seeing the pop up for posting to Facebook? If that is so then you need to make sure you have 3rd party cookies and pop ups allowed. We have instructions in the following thread for the more popular browsers in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=625118
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.

Last edited by Taz D; Dec 15 2019 at 02:33 PM.
Old Dec 16 2019, 05:03 AM
Account Not Linked

I have gone to the market twice in the last 2 nights. I was hired with fuel but it took my fuel. I asked the hirers and they said that their fuel was used as well. Is there a problem as I only work when fuel supplied and keep my fuel for my workers. Looks like I will not be going back to the market to work if this is happening all the time.. Please check it out...thanks
Old Dec 16 2019, 06:11 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodkay1@bigpond.com View Post
I have gone to the market twice in the last 2 nights. I was hired with fuel but it took my fuel. I asked the hirers and they said that their fuel was used as well. Is there a problem as I only work when fuel supplied and keep my fuel for my workers. Looks like I will not be going back to the market to work if this is happening all the time.. Please check it out...thanks
Hi rodkay1,

There are 2 ways this can happen, it depends on how the farm owner set their fuel to be used and you won't know for sure unless you either ask them about it and see if they have enough to cover doing all their work OR you start work and see it's using yours.

If they have allowed their fuel to be used FIRST, it will use theirs until they run out and then it will use yours.

If they have allowed their fuel to be used LAST, it will use your fuel first and if you run out it with then start using theirs.

I have tested setting my fuel to be used first and the hired worker did get to use mine and not theirs, although I had to reload the game to see my fuel update with the amount used.

Last edited by Tiger; Dec 16 2019 at 06:18 AM.
Old Dec 18 2019, 02:24 AM
Account Not Linked

They told me they had plenty of fuel and watched it go down as I was working and I was also watching my fuel go down. Maybe they are fibbing but if that is the case then that is why people cannot get workers as a lot of people are like me and save our own fuel for people to do our own farms and cannot afford to supply fuel for other peoples farms. It is very deceiving to see fuel supplied which encourages you to accept the job only to lose fuel...oh well rant over. Thanks and maybe a few of those options should be deleted...Cheers
Old Dec 18 2019, 04:56 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodkay1@bigpond.com View Post
They told me they had plenty of fuel and watched it go down as I was working and I was also watching my fuel go down. Maybe they are fibbing but if that is the case then that is why people cannot get workers as a lot of people are like me and save our own fuel for people to do our own farms and cannot afford to supply fuel for other peoples farms. It is very deceiving to see fuel supplied which encourages you to accept the job only to lose fuel...oh well rant over. Thanks and maybe a few of those options should be deleted...Cheers
Hi rodkay1,

All I can suggest is that the farm owner double check that they have allowed their fuel to be used first, perhaps something changed and it's no longer set the way they intended. If it's set correctly then they could try hiring you again and see if it corrects.

I am not sure if the hire offer window has enough room to be more specific about when fuel will be used. It's possible there is a character limit in that area.

If you would like to request any changes to the options for use of fuel, please post your idea in the Suggestions area of the forum where the developers will see it. You will not be able to start a new thread there. Click on the one with the title that most suits your idea, then scroll down the page and post in the reply box at the bottom of the page. Please Note: If you post in a thread and it's not the right one or is better suited to another one, your post will be moved to the correct one.

Last edited by Tiger; Dec 18 2019 at 05:02 AM.
Old Jan 31 2020, 09:01 PM

just happening today after the valentines day update, the people i hire in the market place don't get access to my tools, a super neighbour also having the same problem. Thanks if you can help
Old Jan 31 2020, 09:09 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WendyP57 View Post
just happening today after the valentines day update, the people i hire in the market place don't get access to my tools, a super neighbour also having the same problem. Thanks if you can help
Hi WendyP,
I moved your post to the Help & Support subject thread about hiring as this has nothing to do with the items in the current release.

First please try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.
If your farm is open close it. Then reopen .
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

Please go to the job market and set up to a hire and check that you have them Allowed to use your tools. It may have been that when they released the new stuff that it changed that setting.

Also go to your super neighbors box in your neighbor bar and click on the Edit Super-Neighbor and make sure all the settings are what you want them to be.

Tags
bonus chest, hiring, hiring issues, no bonus chest, no job bonus, show work info