Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Sep 20 2021, 07:26 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plynn View Post
Hi guys! I have problems with the loading too. Also, the pictures of my neighbors has recently quit showing up. I can be on my farm for an hour or so, but then FT freezes up, then my whole computer does as well. It does the same in each browser I use (Safari, Chrome, Brave or Firefox). Each have been updated.
Hi Plynn,
I moved your post to the subject thread about HTML version loading problems.We are not that familiar with Mac computers.

Please make sure your operating system is updated. Many using Macs have found that Opera works best for the game.
You say you can be on about an hour before it freezes up and that would make me think your browsers are running out of allocated memory when this happens. Are you able to close down and restart and get back in for another hour? If so that would be another indication of low memory.
There are some steps in the first post of this thread you can try to test your computer and see if there is something that helps there.
I will copy your post to the closed thread for the developers about bugs for them to check.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Sep 20 2021, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Plynn,
I moved your post to the subject thread about HTML version loading problems.We are not that familiar with Mac computers.

Please make sure your operating system is updated. Many using Macs have found that Opera works best for the game.
You say you can be on about an hour before it freezes up and that would make me think your browsers are running out of allocated memory when this happens. Are you able to close down and restart and get back in for another hour? If so that would be another indication of low memory.
There are some steps in the first post of this thread you can try to test your computer and see if there is something that helps there.
I will copy your post to the closed thread for the developers about bugs for them to check.

I've used Opera as well, with the same results. My iMac is up to date as well. It has the most memory in it allowed. The problem only shows up in FT, but does not affect Jigsaw World, which is the only other game I play. I can surf the internet with no problems. Also, the freeze happens every time the developers work in the background I believe, as when I wait an hour or so, then come back, I can load the game again. Sometimes, I can play FT for two or three hours, but it is slow to load, compared to how it used to work. I wonder if that part is due to the throttling? that is listed in the memcache page?
Old Sep 20 2021, 10:48 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plynn View Post
I've used Opera as well, with the same results. My iMac is up to date as well. It has the most memory in it allowed. The problem only shows up in FT, but does not affect Jigsaw World, which is the only other game I play. I can surf the internet with no problems. Also, the freeze happens every time the developers work in the background I believe, as when I wait an hour or so, then come back, I can load the game again. Sometimes, I can play FT for two or three hours, but it is slow to load, compared to how it used to work. I wonder if that part is due to the throttling? that is listed in the memcache page?
Hi Plynn,
First off the developers are not working on the live servers, so it is not the developers working in the background. They are using a separate server for all the programming they are doing.

There isn't any throttling in the memcache. All the memcache is doing is clearing out your account on the server, so it can be downloaded again onto that server for you to use with a clean load.

The browser clearing would slow down the loading if you are doing that, because it has to redownload the graphics to your computer for the game.
The amount of memory allocted for your browsers is not the whole amount you have on your computer. I have a feeling how long you can play depends on what jobs you are doing and how much layering on those farms.
Unfortunately I don't know what to tell you about this or how to fix it. I have copied your post to the closed thread for the developers.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Sep 21 2021, 03:48 AM

FB ID# 100374514465316
Can't get in. Got this message. 2021-09-21 08:44:30.899 ERRORTexture has out of range width / height
2021-09-21 08:44:30.903 ERRORUnityException: Failed to create texture because of invalid parameters.
at UnityEngine.Texture2D.Internal_Create (UnityEngine.Texture2D mono, System.Int32 w, System.Int32 h, System.Int32 mipCount, UnityEngine.Experimental.Rendering.GraphicsFormat format, UnityEngine.Experimental.Rendering.TextureCreation Flags flags, System.IntPtr nativeTex) [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0
Old Sep 21 2021, 04:55 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeraN View Post
FB ID# 100374514465316
Can't get in. Got this message. 2021-09-21 08:44:30.899 ERRORTexture has out of range width / height
2021-09-21 08:44:30.903 ERRORUnityException: Failed to create texture because of invalid parameters.
at UnityEngine.Texture2D.Internal_Create (UnityEngine.Texture2D mono, System.Int32 w, System.Int32 h, System.Int32 mipCount, UnityEngine.Experimental.Rendering.GraphicsFormat format, UnityEngine.Experimental.Rendering.TextureCreation Flags flags, System.IntPtr nativeTex) [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0
Hi VeraN,

Are you still having this problem now or has it cleared up?
Please do any of the following that you have not already done today:

Check that your browser is still up to date, update it if it is not, clear the caches/history, close the browser for a few minutes, then reopen it. After the clearing first load of Farm Town will be slower. See if that clears the problem up.

Check if you have any computer updates to do on your computer and do any that are showing. You may have to search for them manually as they don't always show up if you're used to seeing a notification on the power icon when you would shut the computer down for the night.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Sep 21 2021, 07:46 AM

HI. My game seems to be loading fine..
BUT I went to marketplace and had ? problems.. finally got that to work and someone came and harvested crops and plowed ok...
BUT I had previously started my quest for today and had started collecting stuff for it, harvesting the trees to count toward my quest. And I harvested my 1,2,4,8 hour crops so my CORIANDER counted towards my quest..
BUT and it did NOT count any of the crops that my worker has harvested 12 hr, 1 day, 2 day.. SO..
Why did this not work? please..
Old Sep 21 2021, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundos View Post
HI. My game seems to be loading fine..
BUT I went to marketplace and had ? problems.. finally got that to work and someone came and harvested crops and plowed ok...
BUT I had previously started my quest for today and had started collecting stuff for it, harvesting the trees to count toward my quest. And I harvested my 1,2,4,8 hour crops so my CORIANDER counted towards my quest..
BUT and it did NOT count any of the crops that my worker has harvested 12 hr, 1 day, 2 day.. SO..
Why did this not work? please..
Hi Sundos,

For regular quests you need to harvest/chop/fish any crops/trees/flowers/fish for those quest steps yourself. Someone else doing them for you will not count for quest steps.

If you are running short on time to complete a quest it's entirely up to you if you want to take a chance and see if a lifeline will help. The lifeline will be picked for you at random, you can only use one lifeline at a time, so there's no guarantee that you will get one that will help. If you would like a reminder on those, please click on this link and it will take you to the Game Guide chapter for Quests http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=489690
The post about lifelines in in the one titled "What are the lifelines?"

Clickable Help Links:

Last edited by Tiger; Sep 21 2021 at 08:00 AM.
Old Sep 21 2021, 08:07 AM

THANKS! I thought that might be the problem.. oops! lol
Old Sep 21 2021, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundos View Post
THANKS! I thought that might be the problem.. oops! lol
You're welcome Sundos

Clickable Help Links:

Old Sep 21 2021, 05:25 PM

Why can't I get on F/T any more?
Closed Thread

Tags