Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jun 13 2010, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulu836 View Post
I don't think my question is addressed at all. Just another "no way, no how," sentence. I want to know the mechanics of why manipulating sprites presents such a problem.
I agree your question wasn't answered. I can move my flag, which I assume is also a sprite, why not the animals? Freeze em and move em!! These aren't flesh and blood entities.

Why can't they just be deleted from one farm, a representation then held in the storage facility, and then recreated on another farm? I may be an old school programmer, PL1, Fortran, Basic and Assembler, but I do understand Java and OO languages, what's the problem?

Some of us would really like to know...

I've already moved all my animals by deleting them on one farm, as I got new ones for gifts on another farm, it was a long process. I hate to see others go through it. I had to do it, to get my 100+ cows and other animals away from my crops. I suspect others want to do the same.
Old Jun 13 2010, 09:21 PM

ive always said if farmtown can't give us farm cash for playing daily or something then needs to get rid of the farm cash altogether. if you wont help the players out so they can buy stuff with (farm cash) then make that same facility that cost farmcash for people like myself that don't have (farmcash) make the same facility for coins. example the oil refinery, wine celler, flower shop, sewing mill, confectionery factory, oil factory, food preserve factory, chocolate factory, and semi truck EVERYTHING SHOULD BE IN BOTH COINS AN FARMCASH. The bottom line is yall need to be fair an help everybody by having everthing in both.
Old Jun 13 2010, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbrandon View Post
ive always said if farmtown can't give us farm cash for playing daily or something then needs to get rid of the farm cash altogether. if you wont help the players out so they can buy stuff with (farm cash) then make that same facility that cost farmcash for people like myself that don't have (farmcash) make the same facility for coins. example the oil refinery, wine celler, flower shop, sewing mill, confectionery factory, oil factory, food preserve factory, chocolate factory, and semi truck EVERYTHING SHOULD BE IN BOTH COINS AN FARMCASH. The bottom line is yall need to be fair an help everybody by having everthing in both.
I agree with the idea of this. Not all of us have a lot of extra money laying around to put into this game. I understand the reason behind it, though. I realize the game needs to make money for the developers. That is fine.

If I may make a suggestion, though........I really think there should be a new "BANK FACILITY" that we can purchase with our coins. Once purchased, it should allow users to convert their coins into Farm Cash at a premium. For example, make 1 Farm Cash worth $500,000 coins or something like that. Farm cash should be difficult to earn in the game, but you should be able to earn it is some way. So, having a bank where you can convert your coins to Farm Cash would be a solid addition to the game.

That way, everyone is happy. People that don't want to take the time to earn the coins to convert to Farm Cash and just want to pay real money can do that. People that still want the Farm Cash Facilities and just don't have the money can earn it by playing the game over time. Don't just give us Farm Cash for leveling up (many of us are stuck at 90 already and can't get more Farm Cash that way), but give us a way to convert coins into cash!
Old Jun 13 2010, 11:12 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

anyone else having the problem when you fish your own lakes and ponds of this constant disconnect thing??? i have fished for others and some people have fished for me on my farm and no problems..... i have been disconnected like up to 10 times just this day on fishing nothing else...........

GOD Bless The USA

Level 600, Farmer since June 2,2009

Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.

╰⊰⊹✿Dεsidεяαtα✿⊹⊱╮

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?f...00000233351452

(link below not mine)
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Jun 13 2010, 11:41 PM

Level:
XP:

Agree with what you're saying here Baba 947. If the fact that the animals are animated is the problem, then, as you point out, how does this differ from the flag which also moves. Is it because the random motion of the animals is so much more complex? ... Still, there should be some work-around for this, I would think. Not being familiar with programming languages for animation, I may well be just not understanding the complexity.

But at least a fuller explanation provided by the developers to the mods here to relay to us would perhaps help gamers to be more patient and understanding of the situation.
Since I don't have a great lot of animals, it's not a problem for me, but I can see where it is for many others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba 947 View Post
I agree your question wasn't answered. I can move my flag, which I assume is also a sprite, why not the animals? Freeze em and move em!! These aren't flesh and blood entities.

Why can't they just be deleted from one farm, a representation then held in the storage facility, and then recreated on another farm? I may be an old school programmer, PL1, Fortran, Basic and Assembler, but I do understand Java and OO languages, what's the problem?

I've already moved all my animals by deleting them on one farm, as I got new ones for gifts on another farm, it was a long process. I hate to see others go through it. I had to do it, to get my 100+ cows and other animals away from my crops. I suspect others want to do the same.
Old Jun 13 2010, 11:48 PM

Level:
XP:

the transferring the animals to the other farms may just be thing....... lol like getting new clothes.......... just something we have to deal with LOL my overalls need patches lol and they give me wedgies big time LOL

GOD Bless The USA

Level 600, Farmer since June 2,2009

Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.

╰⊰⊹✿Dεsidεяαtα✿⊹⊱╮

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?f...00000233351452

(link below not mine)
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Jun 14 2010, 09:02 AM

ENTITLEMENT. No need to look it up in the dictionary. The definition is HERE on this forum.

The devs OWE US NOTHING.

They do not owe us Farm Cash. They do not owe us explanations. They owe us zip, nil, zilch nada, besides making the game as nice as it can be for free, and I personally believe they have done that quite well.

They have provided a game that can be played perfectly well with limitations for free. But which can still be played *quite* satisfactorily for free.

For those who are able and can financially support this enterprise, there are options that can be enjoyed. But they are hardly necessities. Need I remind everyone this is a game????

I wish the exaggerated demands for justice and transparency on this forum could be applied with equal vehemence to social justice causes!!!! LOL! The world would be turned upside down!

Thanks devs. I have been at this game for a lonnngggg time.... and really appreciate how far it has come.

Farming away since June 14, 2009
Old Jun 14 2010, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynthiaSue View Post
I bought alot of llamas and sheep in order to use the new textile facility and also, got gifted mulberry trees. Now the main farm where I keep trees and animals is lagging alot and when I hired people to do the trees I think they had trouble loading, as one, never moved once arriving and finally poofed and another said it froze on her and she didn't do much and also disappeared. The facilities are great, but they need a solution for the animals and loading.
May i suggest you utilise the 'freeze animals " in the wrench (tools) at top of farmtown screen on right hand side ...the animals all make little movements...which your computer has to use resources to display thus causing you to lag if you have a large number of them
hope this helps
Old Jun 14 2010, 10:16 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba 947 View Post

ummm wouldnt it be easier to move the crops to elsewhere and make one farm for animals and facilitys????? i did and it worked for me all it takes is a little planning and forethought to have 1 farm for animals and facility and one for a mansion with trees and crops and 2 other full sized working farms with 1000 fields available to plant
Old Jun 14 2010, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by driverdave View Post
ummm wouldnt it be easier to move the crops to elsewhere and make one farm for animals and facilitys????? i did and it worked for me
I had my animals on farm 1, which I wanted for my facilities, (since its the default farm when loading). I put the animals on farm 4, where they are out of the way, as I build that farm up.

We really should be able to move the animals easily and not have to go through gyrations to get it done.
Closed Thread