Old Jun 04 2011, 12:04 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggiel29 View Post
I wouldn't mind betting the vast majority of people playing are happy or at best indifferent about the belts and most dont mind - it is IMHO only a few who are so incensed they feel the need to write about it.
Feedback is good - but some of the sheer abuse and bad manners that has been displayed on this subject is quite frankly appaling!
I wouldn't mind betting the vast majority of people playing are unhappy with the deluge of FT belt posts on their FB wall. If you invite a friend over to your house and that friend brings 20 uninvited people with him, is that rude?
I've actually found the vast majority of posts on this subject to be quite polite and many are just plain hilarious. I hope you’re not suggesting that dissenting opinions should be squelched.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Jun 04 2011, 12:09 PM

I have to say as for me and my many many farm friends we all appreciate ANY and ALL things they do to make our farm town fun. Ive played this game since the beginning.. when you had to plant and plow ONE at a time and you couldnt hire out anything.. We LOVE LOVE LOVE this game.. Stop complaining folks, be thankful for what we have.

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl..._id=1152184072
Old Jun 04 2011, 12:13 PM
Account Not Linked

Question Belts for Facebook players only?

I guess the new belts work only for Facebook players? Like the help in facilities feature? Since I am a MySpace player looks like I'm out of luck...again.
Old Jun 04 2011, 12:14 PM

The challenge is to be able to post for a bonus even if I get to level 4 and higher. Is there a secret?
Old Jun 04 2011, 12:33 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammy Snowbird View Post
The challenge is to be able to post for a bonus even if I get to level 4 and higher. Is there a secret?
Are you trying to post while in full screen? If so when you get the first box about posting, drop back to normal screen size. Then you should be able to see the publish box for it.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jun 04 2011, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer_Susan View Post
I'm still wondering about the level of challenge the belts are providing, even for newbie players. I just went from white to yellow to orange to green in corn on ONE farm and the field I had planted in corn probably took up less than 1/4 of the available plots on the farm. I can't imagine that that would provide a challenge for anyone.
I hear ya.... seems kinda silly huh?

If it takes tens of thousands of exp pts to go from one level to the next, and you get a $FT for it....

it should take a lot more than it does to go from one belt to the next... cuz they are so valuable and cherished by many.... not

For the most part, I ignore the belts posted for most crops.... because I have a healthy inventory. But I will gladly accept the bonus for things I always use a lot of.

I offer this.... if we reach a certain level, we should forget the belts, and have our buy limits increased.

Maybe 100 x your level.... so a newbie at level 50, can buy up to 5000 products a day if he/she/it has the money

and a max-level would be worth 21,000 products per day.

If that is too high , than even half that would be a big help. It is easy to use up 10,000 products a day. Besides, not that many farmers would have that much "extra" product to sell.... so things would be reasonable.

Old Jun 04 2011, 01:16 PM

Default Limits

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmboy2376 View Post
Get rid of the limits............
Please, please, please, tell me why there needs to be limits on buying and selling things we would normally sell to the mayor???? I really don't see a purpose for it. Why not let us buy and sell things we make in our facilities or our tool facilites. We pay and work for the product. It takes a specific amount of time to get so why limit us? If I want to spend my time making things to sell to other players why shouldn't I be able to? It doesn't hurt the Farmtown economy. The mayor is like a communitst country that only allows people to sell to the government.
Old Jun 04 2011, 01:21 PM
Senior Moderator

For those who have only been able to post some but not all of your belt levels, I think the problem is that like the ingredients requests you can only post 3 per 3 hours and that is why you can post some but not others.

Also the limits set on helping are still messed up. I did some last night before going to bed and now today nearly 12 hours later I get the limit and can't get anything from them. This is what needs to be fixed.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jun 04 2011, 01:23 PM
Account Not Linked

While we appreciate all feedback on the belt system update, both positive and negative, no personal attacking or harrassing will be allowed. These types of posts will be deleted. The purpose of this thread is to give suggestions on the Dan system and on the belts. Thanks

Last edited by Double T Dude Ranch; Jun 04 2011 at 01:28 PM.
Old Jun 04 2011, 01:50 PM

Default re belts

I accidentally clicked no when questioned about posting for a brown belt for oranges. When the black belt notice appeared, there wasn't an option to post. Will this ever change? Will I always be at a disadvantage re Oranges?
Closed Thread