Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Feb 13 2010, 09:15 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Karr View Post
I'm sorry, I never said it was a "right". I do get hired to harvest and never turn one down. I always ask politely and, whether or not I get a reply, I thank the farmer, bid a good day and leave. I know no one is required to rehire and I respect that. My only problem with it is that they don't even have the decency to say "no". It just isn't right for me or anyone else to be penalized in that way because of our status. I do thank you for your reply and I'm hoping your problem finds a resolution as well as mine.
I'm one of the many that don't say no. One is that I don't sit around on my farm and watch people harvest. The reason I hire people is so I can go about and live my life and come back and have the farm harvest. Half the time I'm not even by my computer after I hire someone to harvest. I don't respond to those in game private messages either because I find them a tad nagging. If I was able to and wanted to hire someone to plow I would have. I don't need to be nagged about it. And I'm not going to respond back an hour or two later when I get around to my farm again well after those people have left.
Old Feb 13 2010, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanT38 View Post
Hi everyone,
i have also been asked to leave someone's farm because they went to my farm and saw what level i was, that was a bit upsetting at first but now state what level so ppl can make a choice before employing me.
Happy farming everyone,
I think that is so rude. Another reason not to have a fire button.

I would have stayed just to annoy them and get as much money or XP's as I could out of them. There is nothing they could do about it,and no way to get rid of me once I'm there.

Old Feb 13 2010, 03:14 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanT38 View Post
Hi everyone,

I too am a level 60 player and i have gone to the markets many a time now and announced what level i am etc... " level 60 doesn't need coins or points
Why do people assume you dont need coins or don`t need plow practice or just enjoy the game of plowing?

I know I`m level 60 and broke, why... well it cost 3,000,000 to buy the second farm then need to spend to upgrade even time to finish the 2nd farm... so here I am now wanting to decorate my farm which you need coins, so just because you are on level 60 with lots of coins, doesnt mean others are coin rich on level 60.
Old Feb 13 2010, 04:41 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

I see all the people in the marketplace begging for plowing jobs only...I take whatever is given to me, However, while I am waiting I visit other farms- amazingly I have found several of these people standing there begging for someone to let them plow need their own farms plowed! And yes, checked the trophies and they had enough neighbore to hire for plowing. IF they do not want to hire someone else to plow theirs then they should be BEGGING to plow other farms.... Or, they could tell the MP they have a plow job and offer a trade. As for the raspberry thing... I will harvest anything available; that's how I made it to level 60 in less than 6 months. as for coins... Right now I have 22,056,452; I have spent over 1 million and still have that many. So, it's very obvious that I'll harvest whatever I'm hired for. However, I do agree with the others, It is very rude for the farmer to wait until right before the harvesting is almost finished then hire others to plow. BUT- what is even more rude, is that when you ask to plow, they will turn away from you or walk around, and NEVER give a "yes" or "no" answer. How hard is it to give a simple "yes" or "no" answer? This is VERY RUDE... their farm or not gives the person to no right to be a JERK!! They don't have to worry about putting me on their ignore list because they get put on mine!!!

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Feb 13 2010, 04:54 PM

on the thing of people not replying does anyone think this maybe because the person doesnt use english as there first language so wont reply due to the language barrier

If you make one person smile then that person makes one person smile soon the world will be smiling

ive posted because of my obsessive compulsive posting disorder or OCPD

The blacksmiths arms
Old Feb 13 2010, 05:24 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlybears View Post
, I do agree with the others, It is very rude for the farmer to wait until right before the harvesting is almost finished then hire others to plow.
How is that rude? Just because I hire you to do one job doesn't mean I ever have to hire you again even if you can see a job that needs to be done on my farm. If I want to hire someone other then the person that harvest for me that is my right and I'm not being rude by doing that. You are not entitled to my plowing just because you harvested for me no matter what crop you harvested for me.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Old Feb 13 2010, 05:31 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
I'm one of the many that don't say no. One is that I don't sit around on my farm and watch people harvest. The reason I hire people is so I can go about and live my life and come back and have the farm harvest. Half the time I'm not even by my computer after I hire someone to harvest. I don't respond to those in game private messages either because I find them a tad nagging. If I was able to and wanted to hire someone to plow I would have. I don't need to be nagged about it. And I'm not going to respond back an hour or two later when I get around to my farm again well after those people have left.
I used to feel the same way about the messages asking to plow until I found something out and then I find one message left by someone okay because of what I now know. If you have 2 farms when you hire someone they can not see the other farm they only have access to the farm you hired them to harvest. Because of that I can understand leaving one message saying nicely that the harvesting is done do you need help plowing. The reason I feel this way is the farmer could be on the other farm and by leaving the message you let them know you are done and willing to help if they want. Then if the farmer is on the other farm they can pop over and hire them to plow if they choose. So I now understand leaving one message but the ones that leave several with them getting nastier as they go that is a different story.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Old Feb 13 2010, 06:00 PM
Account Not Linked

I very rarely spend any time in the market place to do anything other than hire people so you don't have to worry about hiring me. I find there are much better ways to waste my time than begging for jobs in the market place.

Carly, people are allowed to be "greedy" with their farms. They are after all their farms. Not your farm. Not hte farm of everyone in the market place. I don't understand why people suddenly think farms are somehow community property which they can tell the actual owners how to run them.

And I am extremely greedy with my time. I have a life beyond farm town. I don't have time to sit around and baby sit my farm. I hire and walk away from my computer to actually take part in said life and come back at my leisure to handle the rest of my farm. I'm sorry my greed with my time offends you, but I won't be sitting around by my computer to make sure the harvesters have someone to talk to.

Last edited by Wild; Feb 15 2010 at 07:21 AM. Reason: removed quote of deleted post
Old Feb 13 2010, 06:51 PM
Account Not Linked

I guess I might be the one who takes social gaming as "SOCIAL" ...why I play this instead a offline game, being a single mom, its nice to meet others.

I think most have lifes, just because they are playing a game once in awhile doesn`t mean they don`t have one.

its sad to see some who are proud to be ugly toward others... ((shakes head))

Last edited by livelovelife207; Feb 13 2010 at 08:58 PM.
Old Feb 14 2010, 01:18 AM

I don't advocate rude behavior and I try to play fair but unfortunately there are those who don't play fair and don't care what they have to do to get coins and XP's.If I am harvesting or plowing and there are hogs there I just leave. However If someone told me to leave their farm because I was at the wrong level or working too slow I would ignore them and keep working simply because I'm not going to let them push me around and get away with being rude.