Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Mar 17 2010, 12:52 AM

I've never known that to happen. I've been working for someone many times and they said they were leaving for the night or had to go back to the job or whatever reaso they had to leave They left and I finished the job.

Many times I have hired and left and the job was done when I logged in next time.
Old Mar 17 2010, 07:00 AM
Account Not Linked

I've never known that to happen either. I am never on my farm as people are working and for the most part I am logged out and off to work even. When I arrive back my farm is done.
Old Mar 17 2010, 12:55 PM
Account Not Linked

i ignore people in the MP the say plowwwwwwww or plssssssssss. drives me crazy. i also avoid people that get on the cart for some reason.
Old Mar 17 2010, 05:55 PM

I was on a farm doing some trees then plowing for the lady farmer.
Im so so sorry I got booted before I could finish and could not return to the farm
I do apologise xx
Old Mar 17 2010, 06:30 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deanna J. Lloyd View Post
I had a hiring experience the other night that absolutely takes the cake!! I could tell the person harvesting hadn't hidden the trees because they had missed the four or five fields that the trees hide. In chat, I asked him three times if he knew how to hide trees. [I'm more than willing to explain how to someone who doesn't know.] Well, no response! So it move to the part of the field where he was working thinking perhaps he was in full screen & couldn't read the chat. I figured if I was standing right next to him, he would see the speech balloon and respond. Well, he remained mute but finally harvested the fields in question.

Here's the kicker. When he finished, he just STOOD there. Hadn't "said" a word to me the whole time. No "Thank you" when I hired him. No "May I please plow?" when he finished. Not one single word!! So I went to my Buddy List, found someone who was on-line and hired them. The guy finally left, but if I ever see him (I will recognize his name) I will send him a private chat on why I'm ignoring him, and then hit the Ignore button.

That's one time I really would have loved to have a "Fire" button!!! My Buddy who did the plowing said if you quit FT and sign out of Facebook, the person working your farm will be gone -- kicked off -- when you come back. I haven't tried it yet, but the next time I get someone non-responsive or overly familiar, I'm going to.
First of all avatar names are not unique in this game so if you see someone with that name it may or may not be the same person you hired. As for chatting you are right he could of had the game if full screen mode but you standing next to his avatar doesn't mean he will see the chat balloon since there is queuing in the game his avatar may be in one spot and but screen in another spot on the field. As for him not saying think you he could have click on all the fields and then got called away by the phone, a kid, bathroom break, and just left the game open while he did that. He could have been rude by not saying think you but he may have just been called away or maybe he doesn't speak English. I think that wanting to fire someone who sounds like did a good job, but just didn't speak to you is one of the main reason we do not need a fire button. In my opinion that is not a good enough reason to fire someone.

Second as for leaving facebook causing someone to be kicked off your farm in a since firing them your friend is wrong that doesn't work you can log out of facebook, even turn the computer off and the person will still be on your farm and can do what every you hired them to do. There is no way to stop them from doing that.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Old Mar 20 2010, 11:52 AM
Account Not Linked

Default Is this too much?

I'm just coming from the marketplace very disturbed and very mad and i'm wondering if anyone feels as outraged as i do about it. I see a guy saying something along this lines "I'm going to bury my 7 month old in a few hours."

Ok, nothing wrong with that even tho its none of my business. But then after getting all this simpathy from a lot of people in MP he follows it with " I'm looking for any harvest or plow job."

I asked him a simple question. Why would someone say something like that and proceed to ask for work? Then i basically get told by everyone that showed simpathy to this guy, to mind my own business. I mean, why would you do that? I have lost kids before and i know i wouldnt go into a game, advertise it and then continue begging for work. And then to people telling me to mind my own business, he made it everyones business when he advertise it on a place like the marketplace.

Was I wrong to ask him that? I dont think i was. He never gave me an answer neither. I seriously think he was lying to get the simpathy he obviously got.
Old Mar 20 2010, 01:36 PM

Thumbs up Not being able to Hire Farmers to HARVEST my fields..

Not being able to Hire Farmers to HARVEST my field even at Level 31. I'm now level 32.
I get a message that I need be Level 25 or higher....What is this all about?

Snake,
Thanks for any help.

JCarli7705@aol.com

Last edited by JCarli7705@aol.com; Mar 20 2010 at 01:44 PM. Reason: 1ST MESSAGE HAD PLOW IN ERROR, CHANGED TO HARVEST !
Old Mar 20 2010, 01:43 PM
Account Not Linked

you need to have 10 neighbors to be able to hire people to plow you fields. your level i think its irrelevant.
Old Mar 20 2010, 01:46 PM

Default Hire to Harvest ?

Thanks for the quick reply !
I'll get on that...I only have 4 at present !
That explains a lot.......Snake
Old Mar 20 2010, 01:51 PM
Account Not Linked

I've been FarmTowning it for a year now and pretty much seen it all.

I hire exactly how I myself like to be hired which is:

One person on each farm to harvest with an offer of ploughing after. I ask if they want the work for themselves or need help. 100% of the time they're happy to work on their own (I can relate to that).

I plant crops that I myself enjoy harvesting, in other words high yield crops such as pineapples, cotton, peppers etc.

If I want to level up, I plant raspberries and harvest myself then offer the ploughing at the MP to people with good manners standing around the edges keeping themselves to themselves. The only 'test' I'm interested in, is whether people have good manners or not.

With regards to silly little games people play - Example: Was hired yesterday with 4 others to harvest 3 trees then got told to stop standing there and hop to it LOL - Seriously, I left laughing. Some people are too sad and pathetic to get mad at, they really are.

From an employee point of view. I'll happily do any work that I'm hired to do be it trees, grapes, ploughing etc etc. I actually like the element of surprise especially when it's a big field of pineapples - Aren't they the best?

I would NEVER stand in the MP and state 'solo plough only' or 'don't do trees' or 'only harvest pineapples' - I'm sure progression in the game with that attitude is slowwwww.

Best way to get hired is to clearly state that you're available for work once every 2 or 3 minutes.

As far as glitches go, I've been booted by the server that many times I've lost count and then felt really guilty that the hirer may have thought I just left without saying thank you - But what can you do when it's not your fault? When my farm is half harvested/ploughed I just think it's a shame they lost the work because of the server.

I've also left farms where other employees are being down right rude by moving in on a patch that I'm clearly methodically working - There's no need for it.

Got in a squabble only once with a lady who ploughed a divide line down the ahem "middle" of a field. I counted the rows, the ratio was 18:13 in her favour. I knew she'd laid out a boundry that I WASN'T to cross so when my 13 rows were ploughed I crossed it to see if she'd say something. Sure enough, she soon started to complain so I just ignored her, ploughed two more rows, said thank you to the nice farmer and left...

I've learnt that you have to take this game with a very big pinch of salt. If people behave in a way that you don't like, either walk away or put them on ignore. Simples.