Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Jan 23 2011, 04:42 PM

Default So Devs, what should I do

Ok, since there is no way to FIRE a person, and there will not be anything like it, what can I do when I hire two people to harvest my biggest farm, all crops ready to harvest, and unknown to me one has a 4x4 and the other doesn't.

The one with the 4x4 took over 98 percent of the crops despite my request to share. The other farmer, who was level 22 was left with virtually nothing she could harvest.

I have been playing this gave since August 2009, and even when everyone fought over every field, it was never like this.

So Devs, what can I do? I try to help out the new players, but this situation comes up way too often.
Old Jan 23 2011, 04:57 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kee Bee View Post
The one with the 4x4 took over 98 percent of the crops despite my request to share. The other farmer, who was level 22 was left with virtually nothing she could harvest
First off ignore that person that hogged the work. I will offer the person that got jipped the plow work. If you have a different farm with work on it you can offer it to them to compensate for their loss. If you have crops they need you can offer at a discounted rate. Various ideas.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Jan 23 2011, 05:03 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Farmer Jennifer Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kee Bee View Post
Ok, since there is no way to FIRE a person, and there will not be anything like it, what can I do when I hire two people to harvest my biggest farm, all crops ready to harvest, and unknown to me one has a 4x4 and the other doesn't.

The one with the 4x4 took over 98 percent of the crops despite my request to share. The other farmer, who was level 22 was left with virtually nothing she could harvest.

I have been playing this gave since August 2009, and even when everyone fought over every field, it was never like this.

So Devs, what can I do? I try to help out the new players, but this situation comes up way too often.
I usually always hire just one person. It saves any type of dilemma. The only time i get multiple hires is when i hire people who don't respond to the hire request in a timely manner.
Life isn't about being fair. Its about using what you've got. Some people are able to have snowblowers, while other people have to make due with dinky shovels.
Those who are able to get the 4x4 equipment have every right to do as much work as they can if they are hired.
my kids know a simple phrase: You get what you get and you don't get upset.

Its only a game.
Old Jan 23 2011, 05:29 PM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer Jennifer Dawn View Post
Those who are able to get the 4x4 equipment have every right to do as much work as they can if they are hired.
Its only a game.

Thats just saying that if you have the farm cash equipment you have every right to hog all the work and not share anything with people. Do people not share anymore?

While it is a game it is not JUST a game. A lot of us put money into this game as well as our time and effort. For those that feel it is JUST a game feel free to give me your facebook login info so that I can go to your farm and delete random items. Shouldnt bother you. After all, it is JUST a game (right)?

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Jan 23 2011, 10:38 PM
Account Not Linked

For what it is worth, I would just like to add my two cents to the issue of the 4x4 tools.

Recently I was hired to plow a farm and when I showed up and started to plow with my 4x4 the two persons who were harvesting left almost immediately leaving more than 90% of the farm unharvested, and therefore I had no choice but to leave it unplowed... the hiring farmer was elsewhere. Today I was in the Marketplace and someone was calling for 4x4 to be banned. It is apparent that there is growing animosity towards those who have 4x4. I have personally witnessed people being mowed over, and have myself been mowed over by persons with a 4x4 in the past. My strategy was to get out of there as fast as I could so I could live to work another day! LOL. However, my point is that there is greed, unkind, selfish, and unacceptable behavior running amuck on both sides of the fence. Before the tools came into being, I had worked with people who would run you over for the last few fields. There is need for both sets of persons in the marketplace, and I hope we can find some common ground on which to resolve this issue for the good of all.

By thw way, thank you DEVs for those awesome and cool "super" tools! They took the drudgery out of farming, and make it more pleasurable for a city girl like me. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Peace and love.
Old Jan 23 2011, 11:35 PM

Level:
XP:

yep i to have seen this its sad cause some of the people are older and cant pay for farm cash i did ignore the ones that ran people over clicked as fast as they could i dont think with job market so high for harvesting and plowing i really need there help but with the limit of 20 names on my ignore list this has caused me great distress
Old Jan 24 2011, 10:07 AM

I went to the hire market today and clicked on 7 people (one at a time, since I only hire solo) who said they wanted work. They all refused to harvest, they wanted to plow only. Crops have to be harvested before the ground can be plowed. Since I didn't feel like begging people to make money I went and did it myself, like always. If they won't harvest they don't get to plow. I can't understand why I even bother going there anymore. My grandsons farm where I was trying to hire people to work was all rhubarb, 3 farms of it and no one wanted it. Yet these same people are probably complaining they don't get any work because of the 4x4's. On my grand daughters farm, same thing. No one would do the flowers on farm one and two people I hired (one at a time) left. Farm 2 and 3 were rhubarb but they didn't wait around to see. As far as I am concerned hiring players without a 4x4 tool is a joke, they don't really want to work and the ones with the tools are grabbed up so fast you can't get them. It's just faster to do all of it myself and avoid that market altogether.
Old Jan 24 2011, 03:32 PM

Whoops, I feel like you do about some things. I am tired of trying to hire people to harvest and they all refuse and say plow only. I have 8 farms with at least half of the crops harvestable every day. If they don't get harvested, no one gets to plow. So I usually end up doing it all myself. So I don't get all the people on here complaning about not getting any work.
Old Jan 24 2011, 04:09 PM

My guess is that "plow only" people have 4x4 plowers and don't want to single click. I guess they don't want to harvest single click either, even though you can't get a plow job without someone harvesting first. And with more people layering their farms, there are going to be more harvest jobs than plow jobs, plain and simple.

I worked the market today for the first time in months. I took pretty much whatever came my way. One farmer hired a second person and they had 4x4, and promptly decided to take up everything, even the area where I was working. I thanked the farmer for the work and left. There was still plenty of work, even without asking for it.
Old Jan 24 2011, 04:30 PM

AAAAARRRRRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!! Yet another thread turned into a complaint-fest. Where in the world is the suggestion thread for actually improving the hiring process???