Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Feb 09 2011, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hindfeet View Post
I am a high level player who recently started going back to the Market to work. I don't need the xp, coins or even the crops. I have more than enough of all those things. I go back for these reasons:

1. I am tired and bored from sitting on my farm clicking away at my facilities when I am not sowing or harvesting.

2. I have all these cool super tools sitting idle on my farm when I am not using them. Putting them to work is a very good thing.

3. I go for the people who have a hard time getting help in the Market. Everyone wants to plow, and very few will harvest flowers, fish, or chop or do trees. I do all those jobs for very grateful farmers. I haven't forgotten how I use to have to beg to get help with my two farms full of flowers. So I get the jobs that nobody else wants. All I do is add (All Tools) to my name. I say nothing. I just stand there, and I don't have hands to handle all the requests from very grateful farmers.

4. I see my super tools as toys, and I love to play with them. So I do have a lot of fun working for others with them. They have really put the fun back into my game!

It is my humble opinion that some players are going to be dissatisfied no matter what we do. That's their game! We just need to keep on moving and have some fun while we are at it .

Peace and Love.

Thanks for putting it so well. I say Amen to each of your four points, and agree with your HO.

IMHO I think those who refer to others like myself as "farmtown police" are unable to handle opinion other than their own, or perhaps are just not reading the whole post(s).

[1] At times I enjoy hiring a single-plotter" and feel that most of them are happy to get solo work. I occasionally plant fertilized rhubarb (relatively useless to me) just to give to a single-plotter. I will continue to refuse/police the 4x4 in that instance if I can. More often than not, I have to tell the single-plotter harvester to take their time because it is all theirs.

[2] At times I hire 4x4s just to get the job done quicker. Some are high levels or maxed - no biggie. I will continue to hire whom I choose to hire.

[3] At times I do all the work myself with my own 4x4s, saw, and boat. This is a game and I enjoy the "work" too.

[4] And at times I will go to the market, give notice that I have the 4x4s, and enjoy what I get.. .. usually the jobs most don't want (lazy? greedy? - don't care really).

Again, kudos for your comments. You are now elevated from officer to Detective.

Old Feb 16 2011, 07:35 AM
Account Not Linked

Default You people are lazy

I was at the marketplace and there was a person who wanted to hire someone to fish. He wasn't there no more than five minutes probably about three minutes at the most. Asked several times for someone to fish for him. Of course nobody likes to fish. He got frustrated and said you people are lazy.
Old Feb 16 2011, 08:20 AM

Earlier this week I was hired to fish. I have a boat and was ready for a hearty catch. The hiring farmer was a lower level with a small farm and one patch of river. I clicked on my boat and there was only one fish available. The farmer said, "I only have one fish". One click. I thanked the farmer for the work and they thanked me for my help. It brought back memories of my early days in this game when I did not have much to offer other farmers but wanted to participate in the game. I'm thankful for those who were tolerant and nice to me at that time.

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?farm_id=1109145615
Old Feb 16 2011, 08:53 AM

I would like to say that generally most people on here are polite some chatty some not! the rudest one i have come across was yesterday. i was merrily harvesting away, as a newbie and a single harvester, when up my jacksey was a 4x4 plower who was very impatient!! i got a chat message of zzzzzzz!!!
I'm sorry to say that made me go slower!!!
Ha Ha!!
Old Feb 16 2011, 11:12 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ljj View Post
I would like to say that generally most people on here are polite some chatty some not! the rudest one i have come across was yesterday. i was merrily harvesting away, as a newbie and a single harvester, when up my jacksey was a 4x4 plower who was very impatient!! i got a chat message of zzzzzzz!!!
I'm sorry to say that made me go slower!!!
Ha Ha!!
lol If he/she if they weren't going to hire you to plow then they should've waited until you had at least half the farm harvested before hiring someone to plow
Old Feb 21 2011, 05:41 PM

Default Working for others not so relaxing anymore

Greetings,

I've always enjoyed playing FT with or without all the bells and whistles. My most enjoyment would be relaxing after supper with a cup of tea working for others through the market place. I do NOT own any of the tools that I can use on another persons farm. I do however, own all of the 1x1 tools and pluck those pretty flowers with my own gardening gloves, or shake them trees myself, or put string on a stick to fish and I do it all fairly quickly and efficiently.

I am NOT against any of the spiffy tools that allows another to advance in the game far more quickly than myself. What I do find to be quite rude and very frustrating is when another person comes to the farm after being hired and takes everything in one fast swoop leaving me with nothing but my overalls. At the beginning I went with the flow, feeling that some people are just greedy because they can hide behind a monitor. Then it started happening on a very regular basis. Now when I think about logging in to relax on farm town, I find myself questioning whether I want to even bother with the market place or not.

Can we please have a little common courtesy when working with others on farms? Not all of us have every facility or own every tool available or have billions of coins stashed away. Some of us like to enjoy the game just as much as you enjoy doing all the work in one nice quick swoop.

Thank you
Old Feb 21 2011, 08:04 PM

Replying to Keeta,

Your comment is a reflection of exactly how I am feeling at the moment. If I find myself on a farm, harvesting with someone with tools, I usually make a comment to the person who has hired me along the lines of, it is a waste of my time and effort even trying to compete with someone using a tool and then leave the farm. I try to only hire people ,for work on my farm,who do not have tools.

A lot of common courtesy, not a little is needed. I don't have any problem with people choosing to spend their money on the tools. If that is how they wish to progress in the game, fair enough, BUT, please don't forget your manners.

Many thanks. )
Old Feb 21 2011, 09:11 PM
Account Not Linked

I have the plow too so when I'm hired and there is someone else doing the same job I only do half the field and leave them the other half. Seems fair enough to me.
Old Feb 21 2011, 09:20 PM

Sweet Potato Girl.......I have not come across anyone like you when I have been hired alongside a tool-owner. Most just harvest o plough over you. You are a Champion. Thanks. )
Old Feb 21 2011, 09:24 PM

I have an autoclicker and the 4x plow, but I am conscious of this and will leave half if someone else is hired without tools.