Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Feb 21 2011, 09:53 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:
Send a message via Yahoo to lcswdonna

I hope that there are more of us that share than not, but there have always been rude, greedy people out of the market. I always share, and look for others before I start harvesting or plowing. If plowing, I leave it to others as I really do not need the exp points, making sure it is ok with the farmer. I remember being stepped on, and crowded out way before tools. I tried to use just the one by one if there were others on the farm, but with the disabilities I have, it is painful to do, so I explain to the other(s) that I am only going to do my share. I am sorry for all the baffoons out there, don't give up on farmtown, we are not all like that. Use your neighbors and buddy up too, it is easier to hire off a neighbor or buddy list when you know the person is honorable and will finish the job every time. If you can build up farms that you are rehired on, you hardly have to go to the market for work. I have buddies and neighbors that message me when they see my light on to see if I have work available. I think some of them visit farms to see who has crops ready also, then message when they will be available.
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Feb 21 2011, 10:33 PM

Hello All Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts and feelings on this matter.

But please keep in mind that all feedback here needs to be posted in a polite and respectful manner.

Thank you!!
Old Feb 21 2011, 10:45 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to ScottLanter

I respectfully disagree that people are being rude when they harvest or plow with someone. They are just utilizing the tools they have to work with to get the job done.
Old Feb 22 2011, 09:28 AM

I only hire solo so this is not a problem on my farms.

However, if I see someone is stalling and stalling, I WILL hire someone to work right under their nose, preferably with a tool.

EDIT to say, by the way, what level are you? I stopped working on others' farms a looong time ago, I'm on level 140-something. Once you get your foot in the door and get some good facilities and multiple farms, you really shouldn't even have to work on others' farms at all.

Visit my main farms,The Farms at ShortBerry!
Also check out Coal Patch Woods, my mom's farms, of which I am general manager. (It features farming on a budget...NO purchased Farm Cash with this farm!)
Old Feb 22 2011, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeta View Post
I am NOT against any of the spiffy tools that allows another to advance in the game far more quickly than myself. What I do find to be quite rude and very frustrating is when another person comes to the farm after being hired and takes everything in one fast swoop leaving me with nothing but my overalls.
She is not complaining about the tools, Scott, but the behavior of taking everything just because they can.
Old Feb 22 2011, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charo View Post
She is not complaining about the tools, Scott, but the behavior of taking everything just because they can.
Sure, I understand what she means, Charo. But, players who have spent real money to purchase 4X4 equipment shouldn't feel obligated to hold back, either. After all, it's a game...and games are competitive. Remember when everyone was harvesting and plowing 1X1? I can remember working on farms with people would zip through a farm, without any regard for other workers. The fast clickers weren't trying to be rude. They were just being competitive.
Old Feb 22 2011, 10:47 AM

People with two different values really can't argue because it's useless. Values aren't going to change. I see it as being rude, and unless the farm owner asks me to pick up the slack, I wouldn't take more than a proportionate share. "Competitive" is just a cover for "greedy" if you ask me.
Old Feb 22 2011, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charo View Post
People with two different values really can't argue because it's useless. Values aren't going to change. I see it as being rude, and unless the farm owner asks me to pick up the slack, I wouldn't take more than a proportionate share. "Competitive" is just a cover for "greedy" if you ask me.
Competitive isn't a cover for "greedy". Games are naturally supposed to be competitive. Imagine how boring Monopoly would be if everyone shared properties and cash. Would it be rude for someone to have Boardwalk and Park Place, both? Or, should they give one of those two properties to another player to level the playing field? Some might consider auto clickers to be unfair. I don't use them, myself, but if somebody does, that's up to them.
Old Feb 22 2011, 02:12 PM

I also try to leave half, but it not always as easy as it sounds. Sometimes the hire offers come through at different times and I've already sone a whole lot before I realise someone else is there. Also, not everyone wants that. I offered to leave half for someone one time, and they said no thank you. Another time, I left half for someone else (explaining that in the chat) and they just didn't finish it. Perhaps they were bumped, of course. But I prefer being hired alone or with another 4x4 owner so that it evens things up.

Paradies Villa Hügel the forest Scarlet's Haven Scarlet's Market Garden Scarlet's Park
Scarlet's Seaside Orchard plus a couple of money makers...
Old Feb 22 2011, 02:34 PM

I only ever hire one person at a time, and generally I try to hire people without tools, unless I'm in a rush to get the farm harvested for some reason.

Very rarely I have hired 2 people at once, and if one of them takes all the work, I just don't hire them again. If they do all the harvesting and leave the other person with none, I make sure I give the other person first choice to plow.