Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Feb 25 2011, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS0643 View Post
Go back and read the post I quoted the poster is saysing that people should only hire one person per farm and they are not the only one that thinks that way.
I think you missed my point. I have no problem with people hiring as many as they want on their farm. My gripe is with the people who blame me (someone who has purchased the tools) for the fact that they didn't get "their fair share" of the harvest. Sorry, not my fault.
Old Feb 25 2011, 01:24 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS0643 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by The2Ksgrammy View Post
There's a very logical solution to this problem. Farmers need to stop hiring more than one person at a time to work their farms. I make no apology for using tools to gain points and coins. That's what I am here for. Otherwise, why bother? Maybe the whiners should get some tools of their own.
I get so sick of all the reasons why people should only hire one person per farm. It used to be low paying crops (by low paying some meant anything that was not pineapples), then it was well with x farms there is no need to hire more then one person, now it is because of the tools. It seems that some people will come up with reason after reason for justifying why they should get to work alone or to plow which I wont even go into here. I personally refuse to hire anyone asking for solo work in the mp and I have told more then one they where being greedy by asking for solo work. I do not care what the reason is because I have seen people use having the tools and not having the tools as a reason for wanting solo work. Bottom line is it is my farm I will hire as many as I like if you get to my farm and don't like the working conditions leave it is as simple as that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by topmop View Post
I think you missed my point. I have no problem with people hiring as many as they want on their farm. My gripe is with the people who blame me (someone who has purchased the tools) for the fact that they didn't get "their fair share" of the harvest. Sorry, not my fault.

Above is my original post on people working solo. If you will read the post I quoted and my response to that post, not to every post that is in this thread but to the post I quoted, you will see it has noting to do with people getting upset at others for using tools. It has to do with people thinking they have a right to work solo and coming up with reason after reason why they should get to work solo and my opinion on that opinion. This thread is about more then one topic I know that some have been talking about people using tools with others that don't have them but then The2Ksgrammy comes alone and in her words "There's a very logical solution to this problem. Farmers need to stop hiring more than one person at a time" and there it is someone coming in and telling everyone that they should only hire one person and here is the latest reason why. There are some very greedy people that play the game (I am not saying that The2Ksgrammy is one of them) and will use any reason they can think of for why they should get to work solo. Those are the people I am talking to in my original post not the people that are saying people shouldn't get mad because someone has the tools.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Old Feb 25 2011, 08:39 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

I have gotten to the point, since I have all the tools, I can do my farms faster myself, by the time I go to the market, find someone to work for me, I could have had the farm harvested and plowed...If I do go to the market, I ask for a solo worker that has tools, so I know they can get the job done fast....And I do enjoy once in a while, working for other farmers, if I am waiting for a crop to ripen....I will do any type of work....

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Feb 26 2011, 02:09 AM

Oh my!. I have the tools. When I harvest on someone else's farm - with someone who hasn't - I tell the other player that I'm only doing half, then I leave when I've done it. No one's got angry - at least to my face. If it's someone else with a 4x4 - all bets are off.

The point is, I can't always afford the cash, so I spend what I do have very carefully. If people stopped buying farm cash, the game wouldn't be as good as it is. It's the cash purchases that fund the development of the game.

If you don't invest in the game - fair enough - I didn't until recently, but stop moaning at those of us that do invest, and enjoy the benefits the cash brings to the game.
Old Feb 26 2011, 02:35 AM
Account Not Linked

I just got an invitation to work facilities and harvest - in my gift list! How does that work?
Old Feb 27 2011, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottLanter View Post
You can't lose Farm Town, either. So, I suppose it doesn't make any difference if someone misses out on harvesting or plowing a few plots on a farm.
It makes a difference if that person gets ticked off enough to leave the game.

Mod Edit: Removed the response to a different member

Last edited by Tony D; Feb 27 2011 at 01:08 AM.
Old Feb 27 2011, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottLanter View Post
Sure, I understand what she means, Charo. But, players who have spent real money to purchase 4X4 equipment shouldn't feel obligated to hold back, either. After all, it's a game...and games are competitive. Remember when everyone was harvesting and plowing 1X1? I can remember working on farms with people would zip through a farm, without any regard for other workers. The fast clickers weren't trying to be rude. They were just being competitive.

YES!! I sooo remember that!!! So now that I have 8 farms I do most of my plowing and harvesting myself and hire only 1 person to do the rest................IF they hang with me.
Old Feb 27 2011, 06:27 PM
Account Not Linked

ARGHHHHH why are people so mental? I just got an angry PM from a farmer because I hired them to harvest and didn't also hire them to plow. I was sent this message:

"Please don't hire me again. I think it is rude to have people harvest and then not aske them to plow!!"

What the hell? She didn't mind doing the work, I hired her, and then hired a plower moments later. Did she leave my farm when the plower showed up? No! She was more than willing to hang around and harvest the 900 some plots of fertilized rhubarb (!) while the other person followed and plowed. If not getting hired to do both things bothers her so much, she should have left without doing the harvesting.

And why would it be my responsibility to remember her from the thousands of other users as someone I can't hire? Garrr.

I told her I was under no obligation to hire her for both things, and that I never offered both things, and that she never made a comment suggesting she wanted both things before accepting my harvest request. And this was the reply I was sent:

"I am one of the very FEW that do not beg for a job in the marketplace and I do gladly except any job offered however I find it very rude that the person DOES NOT come back to their farm to "THANK YOU" for working for them. I ALWAYS thank them for the job as soon as I get there just in case I get booted. I also think that common courtesy is to ask the person that did all the hard work harvesting for the non thankful employer if they would like to plow. Sorry for the grief just thought I should ask not to be hired again by you! Have a great night "

What an ingrate! So, I can't hire people in the marketplace and then log off to live my life? Instead I have to go back to my farm, thank them for being willing to lower themselves enough to accept the terrible imposition of my hire request, and then hang around so I can hire them to plow and, presumably, also kiss their butt for being so kind to once again work for me?

I like "thank yous" and "your welcomes"...when I am on my farm or when I am sent a PM. But this is madness. Also, usually, people thank me for hiring them, and I thank people who hire me, not the other way around. Hey "thanks for the job" kind of thing.

Sorry for the rant, but my mind melted a little after those messages.
Old Feb 27 2011, 09:58 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyBee View Post
ARGHHHHH why are people so mental? I just got an angry PM from a farmer because I hired them to harvest and didn't also hire them to plow. I was sent this message:

"Please don't hire me again. I think it is rude to have people harvest and then not aske them to plow!!"

What the hell? She didn't mind doing the work, I hired her, and then hired a plower moments later. Did she leave my farm when the plower showed up? No! She was more than willing to hang around and harvest the 900 some plots of fertilized rhubarb (!) while the other person followed and plowed. If not getting hired to do both things bothers her so much, she should have left without doing the harvesting.

And why would it be my responsibility to remember her from the thousands of other users as someone I can't hire? Garrr.

I told her I was under no obligation to hire her for both things, and that I never offered both things, and that she never made a comment suggesting she wanted both things before accepting my harvest request. And this was the reply I was sent:

"I am one of the very FEW that do not beg for a job in the marketplace and I do gladly except any job offered however I find it very rude that the person DOES NOT come back to their farm to "THANK YOU" for working for them. I ALWAYS thank them for the job as soon as I get there just in case I get booted. I also think that common courtesy is to ask the person that did all the hard work harvesting for the non thankful employer if they would like to plow. Sorry for the grief just thought I should ask not to be hired again by you! Have a great night "

What an ingrate! So, I can't hire people in the marketplace and then log off to live my life? Instead I have to go back to my farm, thank them for being willing to lower themselves enough to accept the terrible imposition of my hire request, and then hang around so I can hire them to plow and, presumably, also kiss their butt for being so kind to once again work for me?

I like "thank yous" and "your welcomes"...when I am on my farm or when I am sent a PM. But this is madness. Also, usually, people thank me for hiring them, and I thank people who hire me, not the other way around. Hey "thanks for the job" kind of thing.

Sorry for the rant, but my mind melted a little after those messages.
Since they added the hire to plow option to the game some people have felt they where entitled to the plow job, which they are not, and have used every excuses in the book to justify their thinking. I have never felt that the harvester should automatically get the plowing job, sometimes I am on my farm and will hire them but more often then not I hire someone to harvest leave the game come back later and hire to plow. She said you where being rude by not thinking her and not hiring her to plow, she really needs to 1. get a life and 2. take a long hard look in the mirror because sending you that first messes telling you what to do on your farm was very rude on her part. I also have to disagree with the person saying that they are one of the few that do not beg for work in the mp. I have not seen that many beggars in mp in a long time, yes there are still a few but not as many as there used to be. I would bet that the person that you hired is one of the people that think that asking for any work in the mp no matter how nicely asked is begging.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Old Feb 27 2011, 11:09 PM

I normally don't go to the marketplace, but decided to try to get some extra crops today since I can't grow enough to fill everything all the time. I have never been SO irritated. 3 of the farms I was hired at had tiered crops which are just totally difficult to work at. WHY on earth don't you just make it so we can create enough crops without doing stuff like this (or layering). I've played this game for so long and have really enjoyed it, but the things that people are doing now are making the game no fun anymore. If you would just let us grow things quicker and in larger quantities, people wouldn't be looking for ways to cheat the system. Quit the gift business - it's become a huge time issue in the game - just let us grow crops and grow enough of them within a reasonable timeframe. At a bare minimum, if we are going to take the trouble to try to get hired, give us more for our efforts. Ok, I've said my peace.