Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Old Oct 23 2011, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddshots View Post
I have a combine, which I advertise but part of my very name says I do not compete with no tool workers. Most don't bother reading the names and when I get to a farm with no tool workers i message the hirer to remind them look at my name and leave the farm to the no tool who needs the points. It does not help that so many jerks will hire both no tool and big tools for the same farms!
it also doesnt help when jerks with tools take all the work, if i have a single clicker co worker then i message to say dont worry ill do my half and leave the rest, some say thanks, some dont,
people arnt always honest about what tools they have or their points either, i have had satisfaction on 1 jerk tho who replied that he was low level and no tools and turned out he was lying on max level and all tools when i hired him, a fire button was so badly needed but instead when i went back to the MP he was there again saying low level famer wanting work and i was able to let every one know he was a liar and prevented people hiring him, just so annoying when people have to lie in a game
Old Nov 27 2011, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
I too agree about the plowing stuff. I don't typically hire the same people to harvest and plow. Sometimes I just like to plow my own farm. If people don't want to harvest my crops without complaining about plowing I would appreciate if they would just leave my farm and I will hire people who are happy to be harvesting my crops.

I'm also kind of sick of people who think they are entitled to my entire farm when I hire them. I'll hire 2-3 people depending on the conditions in the market place. I don't have time to sit around and wait for people to respond. If I don't get a quick response there I move on to hiring the next person I see there which results in, sometimes, a lot of people hired. If you don't like it leave my farm and get hired at some one elses but don't tell me how many people to hire on my farm.
I agree. I have never complained about not being paid to plow even when I was not hired to do that. It's habit to do so I guess. Reared to leave something finished and better than it was when I arrived. Never thought perhaps the farmer would prefer to do their own plowing. My issue has been not being paid for jobs I was hired to do and it's always been the same farms. Thanks for the comments. Now when I'm hired, I won't plow when not hired for that specific job. It just never mattered, I guess, if I was paid to do that. I just did it.
Old Nov 27 2011, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldstaff View Post
it also doesnt help when jerks with tools take all the work, if i have a single clicker co worker then i message to say dont worry ill do my half and leave the rest, some say thanks, some dont,
people arnt always honest about what tools they have or their points either, i have had satisfaction on 1 jerk tho who replied that he was low level and no tools and turned out he was lying on max level and all tools when i hired him, a fire button was so badly needed but instead when i went back to the MP he was there again saying low level famer wanting work and i was able to let every one know he was a liar and prevented people hiring him, just so annoying when people have to lie in a game
There is really no excuse for lying in any game or under-rating yourself to storm over the top of other players. I love the hiring part of Farm Town. Far as I know, this is the only game that has this feature and I love it. It's a learning experience which does go with real world farming or industry: survival while building and growing. With every job assignment I take, I learn something new that will help me as I grow as a player and a farming tycoon. I love the factory work because it lets me know what plants and businesses await down the road for me. There are some farmers who hire who are unfair, as they are in the real world. It makes it difficult to communicate with either the farmer or at the hire market when your Chat Box and Msg Boxes don't work and Support insists you must be trying to use it in Full Screen when you are not because you can't and know this.

This has been an issue for me now for a week. So when I want hired all I can do is just stand there and wait for a job to appear. I've been on multi hire jobs with players who state they don't have their own tools and show up and whiz over the top of other hires and return to the market to chat about doing so. Uncool!!! I don't all the equipment I need as a new farmer. I certainly don't have if I wanted to build my FT world around commerical job contracts and hiring myself out to do that in lieu of building my farming estates and empire. Probably won't.

Thanks for your comments. It's good to hear some of the farmers are as annoyed with some of the hires as some of us who hire out are annoyed with being --- literally -- plowed over the top of and cut out of money we need. I had 2 jobs today like that and both were complicated by other issues: the game glitched and flipped right back into Facebook so I was only on the job for perhaps 5 minutes and being mowed over by 3 other players with commerical grade wood harvesting equipment they claimed not to have.

Have a blessed day
Old Nov 27 2011, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldstaff View Post
i agree about people getting too picky and demanding, i had someone who accepted the hire then when she arrived and i just said hi said sorry thats too impersonable i like to chat with the people who hire me and promptly left, when i went back to the market she was there and had the cheek when i posted i needed a worker said yes please! when i said i hired you and my work wasnt good enough cos i dont want to spend my time talking instead of playing the game she told me i had an attitude!

i make it clear when i hire if its harvest only and still people ask to plow and get snotty when i say no, it would be nice if people appreciated the work theyre offered without nagging for other stuff, rarely do people even say thank you for being hired, i wish they would remember that plowing isnt a right and someone has to harvest before you can plow so dont refuse work cos you have to harvest first, remember that maybe i dont have time to become their latest BFF in order for them to do the work they asked for and if you dont have tools and someone says a job is too big for a single clicker dont say you will do it - i dont have time to wait for someone to single click some layered farms it takes too long and im ususally waiting to plant but the second i hire someone else they moan. i know lots of people are new to the game and getting tools takes time and money but if someone says its too big a job then dont be so arrogant thinking you know better, i have buddies with no tools that i hire when i dont have a time limit on the harvest etc

what about doing a newsfeed post like the facs post that someone can click to do the work, that way you can post all your work, when someone clicks and does it, it can just say expired which will mean that i dont have to hang around waiting for someone to come online to work
That's actually an awesome idea!!! Would be better for some of us new farmers who also hire out. The Workers Wanted List could be a drop down box at the farms of those who work on a regular basis. We would then have the option of checking that work box each time we sign into the game. Provide vital details on the job: work to be done, acreage, equpment preferred, etc. We can accept it, go, come home, be done with it. Awesome idea!!! If this were provided to those farmers who hire out and have proven themselves, it would make life easier for all of us. Workers wouldn't be run over by those who lie about the equipment they have, and farmers wouldn't have their time wasted with jabber mouths or hires who do a half-way job and leave.
Old Nov 27 2011, 01:05 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklahoma Rose View Post
I agree. I have never complained about not being paid to plow even when I was not hired to do that. It's habit to do so I guess. Reared to leave something finished and better than it was when I arrived. Never thought perhaps the farmer would prefer to do their own plowing. My issue has been not being paid for jobs I was hired to do and it's always been the same farms. Thanks for the comments. Now when I'm hired, I won't plow when not hired for that specific job. It just never mattered, I guess, if I was paid to do that. I just did it.
Just as a point of information. You can only do jobs you have been hired for. So if you are able to plow then you were hired to plow.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Nov 27 2011, 07:40 AM

I think a lot of the asking to be hired to plow stems from when we were not able to do that in the initial hiring. A lot of older players will ask you to plow cause that's what we did when we were finished harvesting.

I would love to be able to hire in advance my usual harvesting partner when I am away from home or not able to meet him. That way he could go do the farms I want him to do and he knows what I want done and what I don't. I would not have to worry about what he was doing etc. If he's not available now, I do my own farms.

I so many times have gone to the market....just stood there and have gotten hired. When I get to the farm it's all done or mostly done with at lease 6 people working on it. When I was hiring from the market and I never got the response, I went and checked my farm to see if they were there before I rehired someone else. And, 9 times out of 10 the game will tell you if someone is doing something at your farm when you are not even there. So, there should not be problems with over hiring at your farms. If I get to a farm that has to many people I usually just say "to many people....thanks" and leave. I have also had rude people, who come in after I have started the farm and go immediately to where I am working. It's a big farm....why go to where I am??? Go get your own corner.
Old Nov 27 2011, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Special Agent Mandii View Post
I don't enjoy the abuse I receive for telling people that I won't hire them to plough - especially when I have a layered farm. I try to tell them that I don't see the use in it as it won't work, and even link them to the thread about layered farms, but they continue to abuse me. There are so many players on my ignore list that it's actually quite annoying. I'm always a very placid farmer; I do as I'm told, make idle conversation and politely request to plough afterwards - sometimes I refuse an offer to plough as I'm feeling particularly charitable and want the person I'm working with to get the exp from ploughing. I don't particularly need it, after all, it's just a nice little thing to fill my spare time. I can't understand some peoples' obsession with ploughing. It's just EXP, and there's no need to be rude over it.

I personally usually only ever try to hire two to three people to harvest at my farm; however, when I hire people and don't get a response quickly [within thirty seconds to one minute], I go and hire the next person in the marketplace. As a result, people have responded very late to my hire requests, come to my farm when there is very little work left, and proceeded to abuse me and accuse me of over-hiring for entertainment. I don't mind that there isn't a fire button, but I'm very thankful that there's an ignore button. I don't have the patience to deal with people who won't listen when I attempt to reason with them an offer an explanation. I'm kind enough to bother explaining myself to rude employees - they should learn to be kind enough to bother to listen to my explanation.

I also don't like people who believe that they have the right to harvest and plow my whole farm on their own. I know that a lot of my farm is taken up by decorative structures, trees, flowers and fencing, but I also know that there are still plenty of crops to harvest, especially as I tend to plant crops which have high monetary returns. Occasionally I've hired one person when I've felt like spoiling them or when I've only been satisfied with the behaviour of one person in the marketplace, and upon telling them that they have the whole harvest to themselves, have received such comments as "I like to work alone." or "I would have left if you had hired someone else." Well, with an attitude like that, I want them to leave. I've often gone back to the marketplace and hired another person anyway [yes, out of spite] to show them that it's a game that involves working for things and that they can't have things handed to them on a silver platter. The people in the marketplace who post such comments as "I work ALONE!" also find themselves on my ignore list. It's just selfish. They really need to go back to primary school and listen to their teachers when they're being told about the benefits of sharing.

If people just approached the Internet with a sense of etiquette and a reminder that the people on the other side of the screen are real people, this whole "Internetz r srs bsns" attitude would be dropped altogether, and I for one would be very happy. I don't need to cop this from rude employees; I could have just as easily hired somebody else entirely to do my work, and instead they complain that there isn't much left when they gave me the impression that they were AFK, or that I won't let them plow when I have a layered farm or am rearranging my plots.

Totally agree with you here my friend. I couldn't have said it better myself. I've gotten to the point where i just do my own work... it's JuST A GAME and some people treat it like more than that... Thanks for expressing it so nicely...
Old Nov 27 2011, 07:50 PM

Default Solo only

I hire solo only because my experience is that most people on FT don't know what "share" means. To most, "share" means, snag the most for myself that I can, even if I'm working over the top of an area where someone else obviously is working". I don't like that. If I have 12 farms and sometimes I need them all harvested at once. I go to the market 12 times and hire one person for each farm. I get 12 happy people instead of 10 angry people and partially unfinished work.
I also try, when the person starts, to send them a message so that, if they get bumped, they can get back to the farm and get re-hired.

I don't like the people who come and then leave because they think the job is too small for them.

Still, I do wish the game had a "fire" button. For those rare times.
Old Nov 27 2011, 09:15 PM
Account Not Linked

When I go to the market to hire, I will sit and observe the people in there. In no time at all, you can figure who NOT to hire.I hire one person to h/p all 11 farms solo. They love it.

I have one farm completely full of oaks and I only hire one person to do it. I even had one person ask for it even though he did not have a chainsaw. He stayed with it until he was done and was a happy camper to have the whole field to himself even though he chopped one tree at a time.
Old Nov 27 2011, 10:35 PM

Default Layered Farming

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyMo View Post
You still can. The original how-to thread hasn't been vaporized, just closed. A search on "unofficial layering" or "layering technique" will find it fairly quickly. Copy the URL when you find it, paste it into a blank notepad document or similar, save the document on your desktop, and you'll have it for as long as you want to refer to it.

Added: delete the words at the end of the URL (they'll be whatever words you searched on) back to the post number, that's all you really need.

Nov 27, 2011

In reply to Techniques of Layered Farming: May I suggest you contact Lisa Astrup on this? Spent an hour online with me last night while I was harvesting her crops telling me about layered farms, taking me to her farms to show me the technique in action, and sent me a link to a YouTube video which goes over this technique in detail and has more advanced videos as one gets familiar with the very complicated but fascinating process. Having only one farm right now, I am not ready to experiment with this but it is a difficult process to learn and highly detailed but awesomely productive.

Those with multi farms that are high-tech processes and planning would help all of us if they did not assume we all what they are talking about or all the detailed work involved. Also, you started out on Level 1 so you know how farm one must advance to be able to purchase most commercial harvesters. All players can not afford to lay out their own cash to purchase this equipment with Game Bucks. You were new once. Kindly be patient with us.

I have some awesome mentors and have had since day one. I can't say enough about them, but I have also encountered some really crappy multi farm owners as I did today on a job hire in which I harvested mangos and coconut, a portion of which was to be credited to me. I needed these for my ice cream factory as my trees will not be ready for another 2.5 days. When I returned to my farm to go to market after checking on my crops, I discovered these items were not credited to me by FTD Farms. This is not the first time this has happened to me. It happenes every time I work for Johnny Walker, so when you complain about workers, keep in mind there are some crappy multi farm owners who have cheated several of us.

Clean up your farmers and your worker issues might vanish.

Thanks! Oklahoma Rose