Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Old Jul 12 2014, 06:16 AM

I am finding that it takes me forever to do trees or flowers and that is even with the big trees.

just before someone hired me to chop trees on 12 farms I only go to do half of them before someone else had finished the other half.

it can take me a good 5-10 minutes just to complete one farm

dont have the same issue when it comes to harvesting and plowing
Old Jul 12 2014, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch85 View Post
I have no problem at all hiring in the marketplace...BUT I stopped being choosy about who I hire. I found that if I am offended about what people ask for, it's a great waste of time. I stopped "screening" the potential employee and just hire whoever is there. I rarely get turned down even when I hire for chopping and fishing. What do I care if they beg for work? I'm not there to judge people, just to get my farms worked.
It's not so much being "offended"... I just think it's lame.
Old Jul 13 2014, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccheney View Post
It isn't the begging so much as it is that they don't do what they say they will do. For instance they are begging to harvest and plow anything or say they will do any and all jobs but when you hire them and they see that you have a small crop or a crop that doesn't pay much or a forest of trees they leave without doing anything. Don't beg for jobs that you have no intention of doing.

The polite thing to do if you find that a job is overwhelming and you can't finish it,or for whatever reason you can't finish it send a note to the employer apologizing for not finishing because it turned out to be than you can handle or whatever. I have done that. I recently was hired to among other jobs fish on a farm and this person had at least 1000 ponds stacked on a 30x30 farm. The only fishing tool I had was the blue boat. I fished for nearly 20 minutes and wasn't even a quarter of the way through it.I had to quit and sent a note explaining why. Had I kept at it it probably would have taken several hours to finish it.
I understand what you are saying. I just don't have the problems you are talking about and I hire from the market everyday. Every once in a while I do have someone not finish a job, but it's very rare. I am seeing people I hire still not understanding that they can use my tools, and there is no amount of explaining to them that helps. But that doesn't happen too often to cause any problems for me.
Old Jul 14 2014, 11:41 AM

you k now it is not only emplees that are rude i ran it to many emplerrs that are rude. and comment on that long post. you have give few seconds to answer sometimes they dont get request that fast..
Old Jul 14 2014, 12:36 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

My problems with hiring in the Market Place is hiring some one who only works 1 farm and and then leaves. I make a big deal when I hire some one that completes their job all of the way. But will have to go back to the market and try again. There is also the problem of them missing 1 or 2 things on any of my farms. So I then have to follow them and finish those things.
Old Jul 14 2014, 01:02 PM

Like WoobieHugs, I prefer to hire neighbors. I also do not hire "blathering" requests. They are annoying. But I understand why some people only want to work solo or do only certain things. They, like me, may have worked with another farmer who is greedy or is a novice or young and messes up a farm. I don't have the big tools--all I have is a 5x5 combine and a green fishing boat. No tools for flowers or trees. If you hire me for EVERYTHING on EVERY farm, it is going to take me over an hour to complete the job. I am a diligent worker, and go back to each farm more than once trying out different tools to make sure I have not overlooked anything. If I don't read the Hire Request carefully before accepting, I may not remember what all I was hired for. Yes, being able to use the Hiring Farmer's tools helps, IF THEY HAVE THEM, but it still take time. FarmTown is not my job. I have a job and a husband and home that needs some attention. I can only farm in the evenings and some on weekends. Personally, I'd prefer someone hiring me for one or two jobs on all of their farms-makes it easier for me to remember what I was hired for and make sure I finish it, without spending my entire evening on their farms. I need some time to plant, design, and work my own facilities!
Back to the "Blathering" requests. Occasionally I hire one. I like to help novice farmers move up and that's what they generally are. But I never hire them for multiple jobs! I hire them to H&P, using my 5x5 combine for no more than 4 farms, and preferably not large complex farms. that helps them, and it is something they can probably handle. But I do not hire them and get off the farm. I go back occasionally to check up on them so I can re-hire if necessary.
That's my prospective. Now, I will work on my quest.
Old Jul 18 2014, 11:32 AM

Woobie I am looking for some new neighbors, I quit playing for about 2 years and have started back up again, now all my old neighbors have quit too!! I am almost level 400 and have most tools, and I hate trying to hire at marketplace, and I won't hire the people who change their status and only want certain things or who constantly are begging to be hired... I think they are asking for work, they should take what they get... So looking for like-minded people to add, can I add you or you add me to your buddy list?? If so, I will post link to my farm....
Old Jul 18 2014, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leslikay62963 View Post
Woobie I am looking for some new neighbors, I quit playing for about 2 years and have started back up again, now all my old neighbors have quit too!! I am almost level 400 and have most tools, and I hate trying to hire at marketplace, and I won't hire the people who change their status and only want certain things or who constantly are begging to be hired... I think they are asking for work, they should take what they get... So looking for like-minded people to add, can I add you or you add me to your buddy list?? If so, I will post link to my farm....
I sent you a private message.
Old Jul 18 2014, 11:46 AM

I am also wondering what is the etiquette on allowing others to use your fuel and tools?? This is new since the last time I played this game, so not sure... On the fuel, I feel that they are helping me and if I had to do it myself, I'd be using my fuel, but at the same time, they are getting bonuses and xp for helping me, so the trade off would be they use their own fuel?? Right now, I allow my fuel to be used, but have noticed most farms I work at, I am using the employers fuel, not mine... Also, wondering about allowing use of my tools?? The only thing I can see as a drawback is that I am the one who spent the real actual cash to buy them, so why should I give someone else the ability to use mine, if they can't get their own?? Is that the reasoning?? Just wanting the latest etiquette LOL
Old Jul 18 2014, 11:59 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by leslikay62963 View Post
I am also wondering what is the etiquette on allowing others to use your fuel and tools?? This is new since the last time I played this game, so not sure... On the fuel, I feel that they are helping me and if I had to do it myself, I'd be using my fuel, but at the same time, they are getting bonuses and xp for helping me, so the trade off would be they use their own fuel?? Right now, I allow my fuel to be used, but have noticed most farms I work at, I am using the employers fuel, not mine... Also, wondering about allowing use of my tools?? The only thing I can see as a drawback is that I am the one who spent the real actual cash to buy them, so why should I give someone else the ability to use mine, if they can't get their own?? Is that the reasoning?? Just wanting the latest etiquette LOL
The employee uses their own fuel until they run out and only then do you use the employers fuel if they have allowed that.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.