Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 29 2016, 11:38 PM

I really like the updates to the ships, they are going to add to the game and hopefully the ones who have been against them will come around. I like how they are making you think before you start skipping ports(start loosing products).
Old Dec 29 2016, 11:39 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer_Susan View Post
HEY!!!! Have you guys seen??? We can now SKIP PORTS!!!! I'm so excited I can hardly stand it! (Ok, maybe a TAD overstated, but I'm a heck of a lot happier.) I "unstuck" several ships that had been sitting in ports for between 1 and 4 days. Now maybe they can move along. Soooo happy!
Yes, just saw that when I checked a ship!!

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Dec 29 2016, 11:48 PM

My first ship came in and I got 700,000 products from it. An hour later I unloaded one of my trains and got 1.2 million products from it.

In real world shipping, the reason ships are seen in ports tied up is because the workers at the port cant load/unload those ships fast enough.

I asked the question in google as to how long it takes to load or unload the average container ship and the answer is 10-12 hrs for an 800 foot container ship.

My issue is that the ship gets back to our port, gets unloaded and is forced to sit and wait for its turn. If we are sending these ships using a rotating basis, then ships will be waiting for a few days.

If we weren't having our turn time controlled, then anyone who is lucky enough to have good ports to visit, PLUS if we could turn our ships as quickly as we reloaded them, then the shipping part of the game would be more of a draw. IMHO
Old Dec 29 2016, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaMike View Post
I really like the updates to the ships, they are going to add to the game and hopefully the ones who have been against them will come around. I like how they are making you think before you start skipping ports(start loosing products).
Me, too! There's a lot of strategy here. And by allowing us to replace users up front before we ever launch and then skip ports after launch, we're continually trying to figure out how to play our best hand. I just love it!

Farmer Squeak

Farmer Susan has been happily farming since July 27, 2009.
  • Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • ♫ Oh Give Me a Home . . .
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old Dec 29 2016, 11:55 PM

I went and skip a few ports that I had been sitting at for a day or more. If your ship sits there for a day or more they are either not and active player or have something else going on it their life is keeping them from playing. I may have lost a few products doing that but I would have lost a lot more if the ship sat on say port 5 for the next lets say 3 days and never moved.

I agree also that I think we should be able to send the ships back out as soon as they come in. I have the blue ship back on day 7 but have to wait 11 hours to send it back out. I know the next ship is not do back til tomorrow night but if the neighbors move it along fast enough it could be back before I send the blue one out again. At that point I will have 2 ships sitting at port.

Farming since April 26 2009

Last edited by Tom C; Dec 30 2016 at 12:00 AM. Reason: for got to post about send ships out as soon as they get back
Old Dec 29 2016, 11:59 PM

I am sooooooooo happy we can skip ports now!!! I had 5 ships stuck at the same port and now they are on their way to the next one. Thank you!!!!!
Old Dec 30 2016, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockcandymountain View Post
My first ship came in and I got 700,000 products from it. An hour later I unloaded one of my trains and got 1.2 million products from it.

In real world shipping, the reason ships are seen in ports tied up is because the workers at the port cant load/unload those ships fast enough.

I asked the question in google as to how long it takes to load or unload the average container ship and the answer is 10-12 hrs for an 800 foot container ship.

My issue is that the ship gets back to our port, gets unloaded and is forced to sit and wait for its turn. If we are sending these ships using a rotating basis, then ships will be waiting for a few days.

If we weren't having our turn time controlled, then anyone who is lucky enough to have good ports to visit, PLUS if we could turn our ships as quickly as we reloaded them, then the shipping part of the game would be more of a draw. IMHO
If you want to be more 'real world', then you would also need to add 3-4 days between port while the ship is at sea. The status would be "arrive at Port Buddy in 2 hours".
Old Dec 30 2016, 12:01 AM

Level:
XP:

I had a ship out with 10 containers, it returned home, the total goods imported was 513,296 so wondering how come Rocky Candy Mountain got 700,000???

Visit 's Farm

Old Dec 30 2016, 12:04 AM
Senior Moderator

Raul has just posted this update:

Post-Release Updates - December 30, 12:30AM

- You can now skip any port at any time without waiting. Notice that skipping a port lower the rewards of every port after it, the rewards of any remaining port shifts to the right. For example, if the reward on port 28 is 1000 products, port 29 is 2000 products and port 30 is 3000 products, then if you skip port 28, the reward on port 28 (the one you skipped) will be 0, port 29 will be 1000 products and port 30 will be 2000 products. You basically gave up the chances of earning 3000 products (not 1000) by skipping port 28.

- The number of clicks per container when loading the ships in your port will always be 1, so it will never require more than 10 clicks to fully load a ship. You will also earn 500 coins for every container you load.

- You should now see ships from non-neighbours (for example, friends who are not your neighbours) in your Seaport Manager as well, so every time you see a red circle on the Tool Box icon, you should have ships waiting in your port.

- Better neighbour selection to create the ship itinerary. The itinerary is now composed by the neighbours that have helped you in the past week, which you can see at the very bottom of the screen, the boxes with pictures that say "XYZ sent you a gift", etc. If that is not enough to complete the 30 neighbours needed for the itinerary, we will then complete the rest of the ports using the same method we are using now, based on the last date they have played.

Pending to Release:

- Create the itinerary when the preparation phase starts and allow the replacement of up to 10 neighbours in your itinerary.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Dec 30 2016, 12:14 AM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockcandymountain View Post

how did you get 700,000 products? I had the Yellow Ship, with all 10 containers, return home and the goods imported totaled 513,296 and I have seen other neighbors post with that same amount of goods... seems a bit off key if you got so much more than everyone else.. can you explain please, we are really interested to find out how it was achieved..

Visit 's Farm

Closed Thread