Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Nov 21 2010, 11:06 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

So let's do this.........take away ALL tools that provide any advantage at all. Everybody has to go back to clicking one square at a time. Plowing, planting and harvesting all products including flowers and trees must be done one at a time. Wait,.........do I hear someone saying "you can't take my 2x2 or 3x3 away because that's not fair." So let's decide fellow farmers........all or nothing. I can't believe this conversation even got started. If I drive a '57 Chevy and you drive a brand new Lexus do I get to go to an authority and tell them that it is not fair that I have to drive an old car because you have an advantage over me while driving? C'mon people.........get real. If you don't have the 4x4 and are jealous or feel the playing field is not even then pony up the 90 FC and please stop whining.

----------------------------------------------------------------

You know you are a beta tester when updates come out and they don't work.
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Nov 21 2010, 11:47 AM

When I first started playing the game there was much to envy,..players who had leveled up enough to plant big money crops, had enough neighbors to hire out their plowing,..but I didnt see this as inequity in the game. It just gave me something to look foward as I advanced in the game. I have purchased the 4x4 tools and it has taken me back to working out of the market, something I stopped doing some time ago, and I am enjoying looking at other peoples farms again because of it. I allow myself a 20 dollar bill each pay day to buy farm cash to purchase the new items in the game, but I recognize the frustration of people who cannot add Farm Town to their budget. But, the fact of the matter is that we live in an inequitable world. Some people have advantages that others do not,..it is the way that it is. However, character is built by recognizing that you can still get by and be happy making your own way without the advantages that others have. Farm Town is an excellent example of the Free Enterprise system- work hard and smart,..and it pays.
Old Nov 21 2010, 11:48 AM
Account Not Linked

I always think it is interesting to go to the farms of people who post and see who is actually playing and who is just posting on the forum. How do these people support all of those facilities with beautifully plowed fields and no crops planted!!!!!
Old Nov 21 2010, 01:48 PM

Great upgrade Raul - keep it up
Old Nov 21 2010, 02:45 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Well said. It is another way in which FT can be a learning experience for younger players who participate with their moms or dads.
Hopefully newer players who enjoy the game will look at it as you did and enjoy it as they go along. There's no competitive pressure to progress at any pace or to have the newest and priciest of items. It's all about relaxing, enjoying the game having fun while getting acquainted with some very nice folks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnsrs4@gmail.com View Post
I allow myself a 20 dollar bill each pay day to buy farm cash to purchase the new items in the game, but I recognize the frustration of people who cannot add Farm Town to their budget. But, the fact of the matter is that we live in an inequitable world. Some people have advantages that others do not,..it is the way that it is. However, character is built by recognizing that you can still get by and be happy making your own way without the advantages that others have. Farm Town is an excellent example of the Free Enterprise system- work hard and smart,..and it pays.
Old Nov 21 2010, 03:44 PM

I love the 4x4 tools! When my fields get ripe, I'm looking for the fastest way to get them harvested and plowed. When I go to the Marketplace, I try to hire people who have the 4x4 tools, but that's not always possible. Some of my hires have been so fast and thorough that I added them to my buddy list. Now I check the buddy list first. If my good workers are online, then I invite one of them to harvest and plow all five farms at once. That's much easier than going to the frustrating Marketplace and try to get people to accept my hire offers.
Old Nov 21 2010, 04:31 PM

Thanks, this is all nice and so much fun
Old Nov 21 2010, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherfarmer View Post
I just want to say I DO have 4x4 tools for my own reasons I do not mention it at market as i dont think fair to others, and when I am hired if another person is there i always do half and then leave so NOT all are same, some still play the game the same no matter what tools they have or dont have, if greedy with larger tool then must of been greedy before they had them, so its not always the tools fault in some cases it is the people themselves that are the greedy tools...............

I do mention that I have the 4x4s. But, like yourself, if there is another worker, then I try to hit half the farm and move on. If there are a lot of workers, I will still do half. It is not my "fault" that the farmer hired so many who end up fighting for their "fair" share.

Original Set of Farms
Ache-n-back Acres
Ranchito Knotso Grande
Coast-aplenty Plantation
More Wine, Less Whine
Plantopia
Fattoria Sesto
YoursTillTheOne

Had to build a second set too....lol
Weed-em N-Reap Acres
Garden of Weed’n
Dave’s Ja Vu
Nopicky-Nomoney
Iowna Lotaland
Ifarmther Fouriam
Settima Città

Old Nov 21 2010, 06:43 PM

Why are my power tools not working correctly I paid money for those and they don't work. I can plow my fields but I can't plow others, I can't plant with my planter it keeps getting stuck and my 3x3 too. they stop and then I get a message connection to server lost. I need to know where to go to get my money back.
Old Nov 21 2010, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebrole View Post
Why are my power tools not working correctly I paid money for those and they don't work. I can plow my fields but I can't plow others, I can't plant with my planter it keeps getting stuck and my 3x3 too. they stop and then I get a message connection to server lost. I need to know where to go to get my money back.
Only the 4x4 tools work on other farms, not the 3x3

How to manually link your Farm to the forum

Contact Support

Closed Thread