Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Mar 10 2011, 07:56 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamblyne View Post
I'm anxiously awaiting a new update, too, and check frequently to see if there is one. But if it's not there? It's certainly not the end of the world! Improved functionality, like the Facility Manager, takes time and testing prior to release. I'd rather wait awhile for something like that than have an update every couple of weeks that amounts to nothing more than additional facilities or new crops. These are fun, but who can keep up with all of that?

I'm not playing any other games now -- I'm already spending too much time on this one :-) -- but when I *did* play Farmville, yes, they came out with new stuff all the time. Too much too often, frankly, and they weren't improving the game. They were improving their bottom line by offering a high percentage of things that required real money -- and ignoring the fact that the game was becoming almost impossible to play because of lack of farm space, storage, loading issues, etc. The core problems of the game got no attention at all. More often than not, the "updates" were disappointing -- more space-wasting junk, begging neighbors to send bits and pieces of junk -- junk junk junk.

Farm Town, however, never disappoints. There are always plenty of neet surprises for anyone -- free or cash player -- in every update. I like the fact that they fix things I never even realized needed fixing, and offer new functionality that makes the game easier and less time consuming to play. The Production Chain list in the Facility Manager is just awesome. I took a few lame stabs at trying to come up with my own list, but with so many facilities, I kept getting lost.

But even more important than that, to me, is the fact that the Devs actually pay attention to the issues that are raised, and do something about them! I don't mind spending money on this game, when I can, because I don't feel like I'm being milked constantly, or taken for a fool. While they need to make a profit -- there's no free lunch! -- they don't focus on that to the exclusion of all else.

I can't wait for the next update. But in the meantime, there's plenty to do in Farm Town -- and real life!
Excellent points, Tamblyne. I couldn't agree more....I played FT back when there was just one farm, no factories, and updates were months apart. It wasn't boring back then and it certainly isn't boring now.

I also played that "other" game for a while. Between all the bugs and glitches that were NEVER addressed, all the stuff that cost real money, and the constant begging for junk just because you can't progress without it....I tired of it in a hurry. I don't mind spending real money on FT once in a while because I enjoy the game and I think some of the FC items are worth paying for....no way would I spend real money on a game that pays no attention at all to the problems and suggestions that the players have and only care about releasing new stuff constantly just to get more cash coming in. I'll pick quality over quantity any day.
Old Mar 10 2011, 11:29 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

I was playing when the goal was level 64. I played most of the day and would even get up at night to play rather than sleep. I played so much that when the next 2 additions of levels came out I would be instantly maxxed out. Then I was not able to play for about a month and fell behind. It was then I realized that spending endless hours on my PC to achieve inflated levels had become my goal in life at that point. So now I am only at level 169 and the ultimate level is 185. I am way behind and if more levels are added I will be even more behind. Thankfully I have realized that achieving greatness in FT is far down on my list of things I need to do so I play for a few hours a week and progress as I can.

----------------------------------------------------------------

You know you are a beta tester when updates come out and they don't work.
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Mar 10 2011, 01:13 PM

Hi,
I'm having a problem with everytime I go into the market to hire of be hired, names for these people are not showing up. Others have sadi the same thing. It has been going on for about a week. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Last edited by Double T Dude Ranch; Mar 10 2011 at 01:17 PM. Reason: removed e-mail for safety
Old Mar 10 2011, 01:18 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinker397 View Post
Hi,
I'm having a problem with everytime I go into the market to hire of be hired, names for these people are not showing up. Others have sadi the same thing. It has been going on for about a week. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Only suggestion currently that has helped a couple people is go to the sell/trade market and then go to the regular market to make names appear.
Old Mar 10 2011, 03:13 PM
Account Not Linked

When the Saint Patrick's gifts and lemon juice?
Old Mar 10 2011, 03:14 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by septiembre View Post
When the saint patrick's gifts and lemon juice?
Lemon juice is made in the juice factory

As for St. Patty's day...that we don't know
Old Mar 10 2011, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double T Dude Ranch View Post
Lemon juice is made in the juice factory

As for St. Patty's day...that we don't know

But Double T..... I thought that is what you got the big bucks for... to know.

Old Mar 10 2011, 03:17 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneFace View Post
But Double T..... I thought that is what you got the big bucks for... to know.

Mods are volunteers...not paid
Old Mar 10 2011, 04:23 PM
Account Not Linked

Default Farm Town hacking

Is it possible for someone to hack into my farms? I have had items in storage begin to disappear over the past two days. Have played the game for two years and love it but something is definitely happening. I also notice I am losing productivity in the semi trucks/eggs/milk and may other facilities. Is this being caused by admin cut-backs or a hacker?
Old Mar 10 2011, 04:25 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylRios View Post
Is it possible for someone to hack into my farms? I have had items in storage begin to disappear over the past two days. Have played the game for two years and love it but something is definitely happening. I also notice I am losing productivity in the semi trucks/eggs/milk and may other facilities. Is this being caused by admin cut-backs or a hacker?

No hacker or admin cutbacks...sometimes products disappear but we don't know why but the devs are aware about this situation.
Closed Thread