Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Mar 20 2012, 01:56 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokes View Post
I need more information . I have played farm towen for over 2 years , I am at TOP (310) I want to do more quests at once . I always have to wit 20 hours . I do sometimes have 2 going at once , BUT I have NO IDEA what LEVEL I am .
also a friend needed horse hair and I don't know how to help her , she got a lifeline but you can not work the horse shed or sell hair . so how could we work it out ?
Hi there...there are no levels for the quests, everyone one is the same..can only open 1 every 20hrs, that is how they have been set up.
The lifelines are random, it will depend which lifeline your friend received as to whether she can use it.

The employee lifeline allows you to procure items by working ( facilities or harvesting etc)..if she has this one she wont be able to use it to get horse hair

The gift lifeline allows you to procure things through having someone gift them to you...for the horse hair she would need to go to a facility that has an item that needs horse hair and send an ingredients request that you could then work for her (eg: go to the janitorial supplies factory and click on the + sign for the broom and dustpan)

The trade lifeline allows you to buy things off someone...note that an only buy things that can be harvested/chopped, fish and stuff collected from the animals ( if she has this lifeline she can buy the horse hair off someone that has some to spare)

hope this helps
Old Mar 21 2012, 05:32 AM

Thank you Farm Town for fixing the problem with my Redeem Prize button. You certainly do things a lot faster than that other FB game I could mention. You guys are great!!!
Old Mar 21 2012, 10:52 PM

If you harvested your own grown wheat then 10 plots should have counted, but if you harvested someone else's wheat from a lifeline, then you need to do 100 plots to get it to count.

The quests are obviously designed to be done in the order things would be done in the real world. We have to harvest the sugar cane before we can make the sugar, and the pumpkins before we can make the pie.

I'm sure I was allowed to make the sugar while pumpkins were not harvested .... I just had to wait for the pumpkins to make the pie.

It would quite spoil the whole idea of the quests if the steps were allowed to be done out of the designed order.

Old Mar 22 2012, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitt1962 View Post
I know from experience also that order DOES NOT matter, the only order that matters is like I said before you just can't make flour before the wheat. You need to be less snippy to people trying to help you in the forum, no one should have to be talked down to.
From what you've said about the wheat, I'd suspect you didn't harvest enough wheat. If you read in the 'harvest wheat' box it would have told you how many plots you need to harvest, and once you do that, if you haven't done enough, there won't be a green tick, but it will say something like 4 of 10 harvested.

Some crops do require more plots harvested than other crops. It really does come down to reading the detail and following the coloured panels as they show up.

We really are led very well through the quest production line.

Old Mar 22 2012, 08:16 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenJS22 View Post
From what you've said about the wheat, I'd suspect you didn't harvest enough wheat. If you read in the 'harvest wheat' box it would have told you how many plots you need to harvest, and once you do that, if you haven't done enough, there won't be a green tick, but it will say something like 4 of 10 harvested.

Some crops do require more plots harvested than other crops. It really does come down to reading the detail and following the coloured panels as they show up.

We really are led very well through the quest production line.
You misread the post, I was telling Dutchfarmer that the only order that matters is that you can't make flour before you harvest wheat, I didn't say anything about I didn't harvest enough wheat. I always harvest enough crops and get the green ticks in the appropriate boxes.

I agree we are led well through the quest production you need to tell Dutchfarmer that he is the one having the problem with the quest not me.
Old Mar 23 2012, 01:00 AM

Hi everyone, just a reminder that once someone has posted feedback and people have commented it would be appreciated if we all moved on to allow this thread to provide feedback from other users. I am sure no one wants this thread to turn into a long winded debate on one particular item of feedback

Thanks

Also please remember if you are having a problem with a Quest please post in the Help and Support section .. Here is the handy dandy link to it http://slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=468066

If you would like to make a suggestion about Quests then this is the handy dandy link http://slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=469794

Thanks and Happy Farming to all
Old Mar 23 2012, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitt1962 View Post
You misread the post, I was telling Dutchfarmer that the only order that matters is that you can't make flour before you harvest wheat, I didn't say anything about I didn't harvest enough wheat. I always harvest enough crops and get the green ticks in the appropriate boxes.

I agree we are led well through the quest production you need to tell Dutchfarmer that he is the one having the problem with the quest not me.
Sorry Kitt - didn't mean to get you in a knot about it. My message about not harvesting enough wheat was indeed intended for dutchfarmer.

Old Mar 25 2012, 07:34 PM

Default Unattainable quests

I like the quests, it gives us something to accomplish. However, I'm pretty frustrated with the quests that require facilities you can only purchase with farm cash. I have to let the car air freshener quest expire and am waiting for that to happen before I can use a life line for my next quest. Now I have a quest that requires making popsicle sticks and I don't have that facility either.

Maybe you can add a life line that lets us work at a neighbor's facility to produce the required item for a facility we don't own. Or maybe we can purchase these items from someone in the market. Either way, I now have 2 quests I can not finish because they require facilities I can not buy.
Old Mar 26 2012, 08:49 AM

unfortunately, the car air freshener quest was the first one I started that I could not finish because I did not know a life line would not enable me to complete the task. Now I'm very familiar with the life lines. I need to use a life line on my next quest but have to wait until my air freshener quest expires in another 3 days.
Adding a discard button or another life line that enables players to procure items from facilities they don't own would help. There are a lot of facilities that require farm cash and I have purchased many of them, but not all. I'm trying to save my farm cash for something else right now.
I understand the concept and I'm sure this is a quest in which FC is the reward. However, I won't spend 30 to get 1 or 2, maybe......
Old Mar 26 2012, 01:25 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

I'm not happy with having no idea what facilities the quest requires before accepting it. There are more and more questYess that are needing facilities that take Farm Cash, which I have none of and no way to get enough to purchase even one of the facilities, let alone all that have been asked for, so the quest goes unfinished and I've wasted my time starting it.The Lifeline is great for getting goods, but can't help with buildings that a person doesn't have.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20