Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Jun 26 2014, 04:43 PM

gee. back in the day when farmtown first started it was a race to get enuf xp to level up.so naturally we would want to do it all by ourselves....those were the days when it was 1 by 1 ata time to do the work and work we did...lol..i wore out the clicker on my mouse clicking so much and all the talk here is pretty petty compared to that..hire the way u want , but remember alot of folks are just starting out and need the xp...now that i have all the big tools i do it all myself, much easier...it's become like retirement., i just mosey along relaxed on my farm doin the work..this is the easiest gamer on fb as far as i'm concerned..hardly anything goes wrong and when it does it gets fixed asap....
Old Jun 26 2014, 05:05 PM

i can understand wy a person doesn't want to do trees..u don't get a whole lot from them, no xp..i don't usually work for anyone anymore, i don't need xp , but a new neighbor was posting asking if anyone would like to help, one person couldn't get their farm to load so i offered.,..i have a big comp and lots of ram but let me tell u, solid trees on 5 farms...bogged down the server so bad it took me an hr to do them..i have a farm with lots of trees but they r not in solid row from one end to the other.so i don't have that prob.....i don't get it why some people think they have to have so many..this person even had them spread with manuer.. so they couldn't have needed them..
Old Jun 26 2014, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbara nixon View Post
gee. back in the day when farmtown first started it was a race to get enuf xp to level up.so naturally we would want to do it all by ourselves....those were the days when it was 1 by 1 ata time to do the work and work we did...lol..i wore out the clicker on my mouse clicking so much and all the talk here is pretty petty compared to that..hire the way u want , but remember alot of folks are just starting out and need the xp...now that i have all the big tools i do it all myself, much easier...it's become like retirement., i just mosey along relaxed on my farm doin the work..this is the easiest gamer on fb as far as i'm concerned..hardly anything goes wrong and when it does it gets fixed asap....
Back when FarmTown started out there was no layering, no 38x38 farms and only one farm per person so you could easily harvest and plow 1 plot at a time in the same time it takes now to do several layered farms with big tools. Now that we can have up to 23 farms and enlarge them to 38x38 and can stack and layer them it is near impossible for a new player to harvest and plow without tools. One would have to play for nearly 24 hrs straight to do all 23 farms 1 plot at a time especially if they are layered. No one can do that and it's unrealistic to even think that it can be done. That is why I don't mind letting people use my tools and fuel. It gives the newer players who are unable to get tools a chance to advance in the game to where they can get their own tools.
Old Jun 30 2014, 04:43 PM

Default need help

hi
i was needing help in finding the news feed about the pros of hiring someone to harvest plow and the con if you do everything yourself ... thanks ...
Old Jun 30 2014, 05:47 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by linda rae View Post
hi
i was needing help in finding the news feed about the pros of hiring someone to harvest plow and the con if you do everything yourself ... thanks ...
I moved your post to the discussion of hiring and hiring practices thread in general feedback. Read through this thread for the information you are looking for.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jul 05 2014, 03:42 PM

Hiring from the market place has become a nightmare. I hired someone at around one pm today to harvest 4 farms of wheat. They accepted the job and I went with them to the farm so I know they got there. When I went back to my farms about 20 minutes ago I found nothing had been done. I went to the market place to hire someone else I had to go through 4 people before I got a response back. The person who responded only did one of the 4 farms. I just hired another person so far she is still there working.

I have seen so many people state that they will only harvest acorn squash, or they say they will do all jobs but when you hire them for a low paying crop like raspberries they leave without doing anything.

It is nearly impossible to get anyone to do trees or fish because there is no real incentive to do them. They don't pay much and you get no XP's for it so I usually wind up doing my own trees.

Another thing I am seeing more and more of is when I am hired with several people to do multiple jobs on a farm we all harvest/plow together then the others stand around and wait until I do the trees/ flowers or fish so they can get the bonus for what they harvested. I asked them to help and I was ignored. Once I asked them to help and got no response so I went offline to see what would happen if they thought I left, they immediately left without collecting the bonus. I continued on with the job.
Old Jul 06 2014, 02:29 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccheney View Post
Another thing I am seeing more and more of is when I am hired with several people to do multiple jobs on a farm we all harvest/plow together then the others stand around and wait until I do the trees/ flowers or fish so they can get the bonus for what they harvested. I asked them to help and I was ignored. Once I asked them to help and got no response so I went offline to see what would happen if they thought I left, they immediately left without collecting the bonus. I continued on with the job.
hehe.

as for not harvesting anything but acorns - bah, coins are cheap, xp is expensive. double xp (with bonus) ... priceless.
Old Jul 11 2014, 01:32 PM

I have a small group of folks on my buddy list that I will hire to deal with my farms... if they aren't available, I'll do it myself if I have the available time. If I don't, I wade into the nightmarish waters that is the hiring marketplace.

I tend not to hire anyone who is chronically blathering "hire me plssssssssssss" (and the like)... or those who will only do certain things, or insist on working solo. Quite frankly, you want to be hired, then freaking suck it up and do whatever you're asked to do when someone hires you to work on their farm(s). Be GRATEFUL that someone hired you in the first place.

I HATE going to the marketplace to look for someone to work my farms. I'm sorry, but beggars *shouldn't* be choosers, IMO.

Sorry, I'll step down off my soapbox now. Have a great weekend, all!
Old Jul 11 2014, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoobieHugs View Post
I have a small group of folks on my buddy list that I will hire to deal with my farms... if they aren't available, I'll do it myself if I have the available time. If I don't, I wade into the nightmarish waters that is the hiring marketplace.

I tend not to hire anyone who is chronically blathering "hire me plssssssssssss" (and the like)... or those who will only do certain things, or insist on working solo. Quite frankly, you want to be hired, then freaking suck it up and do whatever you're asked to do when someone hires you to work on their farm(s). Be GRATEFUL that someone hired you in the first place.

I HATE going to the marketplace to look for someone to work my farms. I'm sorry, but beggars *shouldn't* be choosers, IMO.

Sorry, I'll step down off my soapbox now. Have a great weekend, all!
I have no problem at all hiring in the marketplace...BUT I stopped being choosy about who I hire. I found that if I am offended about what people ask for, it's a great waste of time. I stopped "screening" the potential employee and just hire whoever is there. I rarely get turned down even when I hire for chopping and fishing. What do I care if they beg for work? I'm not there to judge people, just to get my farms worked.
Old Jul 12 2014, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch85 View Post
I have no problem at all hiring in the marketplace...BUT I stopped being choosy about who I hire. I found that if I am offended about what people ask for, it's a great waste of time. I stopped "screening" the potential employee and just hire whoever is there. I rarely get turned down even when I hire for chopping and fishing. What do I care if they beg for work? I'm not there to judge people, just to get my farms worked.
It isn't the begging so much as it is that they don't do what they say they will do. For instance they are begging to harvest and plow anything or say they will do any and all jobs but when you hire them and they see that you have a small crop or a crop that doesn't pay much or a forest of trees they leave without doing anything. Don't beg for jobs that you have no intention of doing.

The polite thing to do if you find that a job is overwhelming and you can't finish it,or for whatever reason you can't finish it send a note to the employer apologizing for not finishing because it turned out to be than you can handle or whatever. I have done that. I recently was hired to among other jobs fish on a farm and this person had at least 1000 ponds stacked on a 30x30 farm. The only fishing tool I had was the blue boat. I fished for nearly 20 minutes and wasn't even a quarter of the way through it.I had to quit and sent a note explaining why. Had I kept at it it probably would have taken several hours to finish it.

Last edited by ccheney; Jul 12 2014 at 12:24 AM.