Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Dec 21 2017, 11:11 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer_Susan View Post
I agree! This is funny - none of us are totally sure what we're doing but we LIKE it! ROTFLOL!!!!

One question I have about strategy: I've been bumping up my chain facs several times a day since I get more from them. But now I'm wondering if I keep them full all the time, does that mean people can't import to me? Is my staging area related in any way to how full my facilities are? What the heck IS our staging area and what's the best strategy for having the most room for imports and exports?

But yeah - loving this new toy.
Hi Susan,
As to your strategy you will have to develop what works best for you.
The staging area is only for the products Exported to you so that would only be for your service facilities. When you have products in your staging area then your Import button for the services chain will turn green. When you import those products they are moved from the staging area to your regular storage to be used in that service chain.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Dec 22 2017, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Susan,
As to your strategy you will have to develop what works best for you.
The staging area is only for the products Exported to you so that would only be for your service facilities. When you have products in your staging area then your Import button for the services chain will turn green. When you import those products they are moved from the staging area to your regular storage to be used in that service chain.
Ah, ok, that helps.

So how do we have products that we can export? Just by filling our facilities and having people work them - like always? So in other words, refilling the facs several times like I've been doing HELPS with this, not hurts, right?

Farmer Squeak

Farmer Susan has been happily farming since July 27, 2009.
  • Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • ♫ Oh Give Me a Home . . .
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old Dec 22 2017, 12:05 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer_Susan View Post
Ah, ok, that helps.

So how do we have products that we can export? Just by filling our facilities and having people work them - like always? So in other words, refilling the facs several times like I've been doing HELPS with this, not hurts, right?
Hi Susan,
You can only Export from chains you have made of regular facilities so the more you make in those facilities the more you will have to export. All of the information we have for the facility chains is in the Game Guide Chapter 33:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=632506
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Dec 22 2017, 05:29 AM

After I import and export everything that I can and I close and then reopen the facility chains manager the import and export buttons are all green again even though there is nothing to import or export. Aren't they supposed to stay blue until there is something else to import or export?
Old Dec 22 2017, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Dirt View Post
After I import and export everything that I can and I close and then reopen the facility chains manager the import and export buttons are all green again even though there is nothing to import or export. Aren't they supposed to stay blue until there is something else to import or export?
Hi Dr. Dirt

What I see in my Facility chain manager is that the Export button still is green after closing and reopen no matter if I cant export to my neighbors because they show 0 to export, but I think it is because I have items available to export.

About the import button, once I click on it and import the products, it doesnt turn green again after closing and reopen. Only if another neighbor has exported to me in that minute and then I have more items to import.
Old Dec 22 2017, 06:15 AM

I am still fuzzy on the importing do I need to cut back on my production to use the products I import as I have (at least for the most part) enough factories to fill my retail facilities Sorry I just can't seem to get this through my head,
Old Dec 22 2017, 06:18 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmyer View Post
I am still fuzzy on the importing do I need to cut back on my production to use the products I import as I have (at least for the most part) enough factories to fill my retail facilities Sorry I just can't seem to get this through my head,
Hi jkmyer,

You play your game as usual, imported items will get used up as you fill your facilites. Once imported they are stored in your main storage. You get more profit because you entered those facilites into a chain and reached chain status.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Dec 22 2017, 07:46 AM

Another great release - Thanks Raul!!

I am enjoying the progress of the Facility Chains....

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all!
Old Dec 22 2017, 09:08 AM

Facility Chains:
1. GLITCH My Mom is a neighbor and has the Flower Shop as a chain. We were sitting together when the following happened: She was able to export products to my Bridal Shop and received about approx 369,000 coins. (message showing the amount floated to fast for me to be more specific. I DO NOT have a Bridal Shop Chain! If my Mom and I had been figuring this out together, neither of us would have know this was a glitch.
I am wondering if I lost those coins, since I cannot import the products, or if it doesn't deduct from my farm coins until I import?
2. If I produce enough products from my reg facilities to keep my service facilities loaded, any products I import will not produce any profit because they will either sit in my storage or they will sell at the market for the same price I paid when Importing. Please confirm this is correct.
Old Dec 22 2017, 09:26 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasStar View Post
Facility Chains:
1. GLITCH My Mom is a neighbor and has the Flower Shop as a chain. We were sitting together when the following happened: She was able to export products to my Bridal Shop and received about approx 369,000 coins. (message showing the amount floated to fast for me to be more specific. I DO NOT have a Bridal Shop Chain! If my Mom and I had been figuring this out together, neither of us would have know this was a glitch.
I am wondering if I lost those coins, since I cannot import the products, or if it doesn't deduct from my farm coins until I import?
2. If I produce enough products from my reg facilities to keep my service facilities loaded, any products I import will not produce any profit because they will either sit in my storage or they will sell at the market for the same price I paid when Importing. Please confirm this is correct.
Hi TexasStar,

Double check your mom's manager and see if you are still showing up in there. It will likely say 0 can be exported to you if she has just done it. It does sound like she exported to someone else as you do not have the bridal chain.
The coins she earned did not come from you, that is her earnings for making export good and exporting them. You only get coins deducted when you import from someone, you earn coins when you export to someone.
If you can confirm that you are showing up in her manager with a bridal shop, please report this to support.

Yes the imported goods will go to normal storage for you to use the regular way. The difference with those is that it cost you no time or ingredients to make them. Remember you already earned the extra profit in the regular facs chains by making the facilites into a chain so they produced export goods, which you can then use to export to someone else for even more profit than their sale price.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Closed Thread